I Know You

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 May 2019

UpI received this ARC book from Netgalley for honest Review.
What a great thrill and suspense it was to read. What a great psychological thrill! This novel had everything in it. The thrill, the suspense, the psychological, romance and the twist is crazy. This novel will keep you thinking and guessing. When you think you right, well let me just say that you might be wrong. This had me all over the place. My heart beating so fast! I couldn't believe what I was reading. If had me in shock. Every page, every chapter was a page turner. I couldn't believe my eyes what I was reading. I highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. It will surprise you in every way.

The storyline was very good!
The theme and setting was well put together. The characters was well put together in the story.
This story will have in a rollercoaster with all the spooky and secrets. Was so well put in the story.
Everything all in one book.
It was just perfect!
I highly recommend everybody get this and read it.
What a great read! This had me hooked from the beginning. What a Rollercoaster! The sitting, theme, and the Characters had me pulled so in. Everything was well put together and it was just perfect. This novel would have you guess and thinking all the way to the end. What a great thrill and suspense. I love a great suspense that would have me think and guessing. This novel did just that to me. To the point that am wrong. When the ending comes am on shock. I wouldn't of never believe or guess. Like OMG!
Highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. Its so good!
Can't wait for her next book.
#iknowyou
A completely twisted thriller that makes you second guess new people in your life. The story was interesting and the characters engaging but Taylor’s character should not have been from California. She spoke using very British slang and phrases which made it hard to believe that she came from California. Otherwise a good read.
I’m giving this book 4 stars based on the build up and the intriguing ideas it had. It really makes you think about social media and the implications of posting everything about your life online.
I liked the twist in the last third of the book. The characters were OK, although I didn’t really connect with any of them.
But the ending... I was not a fan. I felt like down. The build up was amazing, I thought it was going to have an explosive conclusion. But instead everything... just... ended. Really disappointed.
I won’t let this stop me from reading her other books though, as the tension building was amazing.

I received an ARC through Netgalley and all opinions in this review are my own.
Bravo to this creatively written mystery! The author deserves all five stars I have given for this doozy of thriller.

Taylor is a lonely, pregnant, recently relocated wife, who has found herself re-homed in London. On the advice of her always traveling husband, she joins a walking group to meet some friends. She quickly takes to another young pregnant woman named Anna. They soon hit it off and even join a neighborhood book club together. As the story unfolds, it is stunning to read all of the red herrings that the author so brilliantly placed throughout the plot. The character development, as well as the deception that is hidden amongst the most obvious places, engages the reader and really kept me feverishly turning the pages trying to get to the last sentence because I needed to know how it ended up!
This book is well written and has very topical content. Anyone who is lucky enough to read this will surely experience the pulse racing drama that leads to the ultimate discovery.
Author Annabel Kantaria wrote this book. with the intention of misleading her readers. She couldn’t make it too easy to figure out because she “ knows you”, and she will keep you guessing until the very last page.
Someone is always watching. Nowadays, being tirelessly active on social media makes it very easy to become a cyberstalking victim. People often feel flattered to be "popular" person around their cyber "friends" that they do not notice how close the danger has come. And the best example is provided to us in Annabel Kantaria's new novel "I Know You".

When Taylor moves with her husband Jack to the suburbs of London from sunny California, her only friends are Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. After being mocked by her husband, Taylor decides to join local groups to find new friends. And this is the way she meets her new mates: Anna, Caroline, Sarah, and Simon. As Taylor gets to know each of her new friends, she also finds out their personal secrets. How well do you think you know people you call your friends... and family?

I Know You is a fast read novel that will keep you on your toes. The mystery of the book hits the reader from the very first pages, it grips your attention and does not disappoint, as with every new chapter new details come emerging that glue you to the pages of the book till the very end. And what a tremendous ending it is! Thank you, NetGalley and Crooked Lane Books publisher for an advanced free copy of the book, and Annabel Kantaria for a phenomenal phycological thriller.
This is one of the best books I have read all year!  It has all the elements of a good psychological mystery.  I felt that the tension built at just the right place and there is a lot of misdirection.  I have re read other reviews that complained about the ending, but in my opinion it wrapped everything up nicely.  I would definitely recommend this book!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC for my honest review.
I couldn't stop reading I Know You and at the same time, I did not want it to end! My heart was racing the whole time and I kept trying to guess who the stalker was. Even after the target of the stalker was revealed, I still couldn't figure out who the stalker was from the remaining four characters. And even when the stalker was revealed, my guess to the stalker's motivation was totally wrong. By the time I reached the end, I was mentally exhausted but in the best way! As I reflected on the end, I realized that Annabel Kantaria had sprinkled clues to the identity of the stalker and his/her motivations throughout the book but those clues were so clever and subtle that I hadn't been able to piece them together! I thought the stalker's "weapon" of social media was brilliant. As someone who uses Instagram regularly, it totally freaked me out to think of how someone can ruin another person's life by simply following their every post.

I really enjoyed this book! Annabel Kantaria created a thrilling, creepy plot with characters that were unique, secretive, and all capable of being the stalker. The twists were shocking, the reveals were unexpected and the ending was crazy. I definitely need to check out Kantaria's other books because I loved this one!

Thank you to Netgalley, Crooked Lane Books and Annabel Kantaria for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
5 stars! Wow - this book was just a roller coaster ride!  This book captured my interest from the first page and didn't let go until the final page.  If you like books with twists, turns, secrets and lies then this one is for you!  Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!
Unreliable characters,  new city, pregnant and social media creeps? Great, count me in.  Great combination of events in this debut novel.   More and more psychological novels involve social media given our stalking tendencies, but really? do people go this far. Indeed, they do. Thrilling and  compelling read right to the end.
“I Know You” is a reminder that we do not really know who is looking at our social media feeds and can we trust what we see what others  share?
Taylor has moved to England in an attempt to save her marriage to Jake after his infidelity. They are expecting a child after years of trying. Taylor misses her home in CA and her job as an airline stewardess and lonely since Jake is gone for days at a time for his job.
She is like many of us addicted to social media and learns of a walking group that meets nearby and she joins hoping to make friends.
The book is told from Taylor’s POV alternating with a creepy, spiteful stalker who knows everything about Taylor and Jake. The author does a great job with red herrings and keeps the reader off guard just enough to keep you turning pages.
This is a good suspense story though it does lag in parts. I liked the story but none of the characters were without fault. Taylor was a victim of social media stalking but was guilty of it herself.  I absolutely hated the abrupt ending!
I would give this 3.75 Stars ⭐️
Thank you to #netgalley #crookedlanebooks #anbabelkantaria for the ARC in return for my honest opinion.
The book, as a whole, was immersive and thrilling. I found the plot interesting and I felt that the characters were a very intriguing part of the story. One criticism I have (as far as characters are concerned) is that it is difficult to believe that the narrator is American, as all of her dialogue is rife with British slang. Taylor couldn't have learned this slang so quickly, as she had only been there for a few weeks, and had no interaction with outsiders.
The storyline was quite standard; this is your typical thriller. However, I do like the incorporation of social media into the story. Kantaria was trying to inform her audience of the dangers of social media and the significance of online security; an important message that I think was perfectly demonstrated throughout.
One thing I didn't like was how long the book was. I will say, for a story that could have been executed quickly and efficiently - harbouring the same effect - the book could have been halved in size.
I think the ending was completely incredible! I found it very well-placed and a gratifying finale!
All in all, a satisfactory read: 3/5 stars!

This is a shortened version of my review for Netgalley. If you would like to read through my thoughts in their entirety, please go to my Instagram review here - https://www.instagram.com/p/BwFGyrjHDoC/
Lots of twists and turns.  I great domestic thriller!! A hold on to your seat ride. Throughly enjoyed!! Definitely would recommend.
Thank you for a chance to read this great arc.
A fantastic domestic thriller that once you start the first page it doesn’t let you go, Taylor who is pregnant after relocating joins a walking group to keep her busy while her husband works away and makes a bunch of quirky friends, however Taylor starts to realise they are not all what they seem and all have secrets to hide. Some secrets can be dangerous.
A good suspenseful read with a few twists
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in return for an honest review.
Wow! What a totally gripping and absolutely thriller! I flew through this one! Just goes to show you the true dark side to social media. You really never know who is watching you online and that is definitely shown through this book. Also it shows you the consequences of what that knowledge can do once its in the wrong hands! Its hard to look at social media the same way after reading this one...
In today's public media society, what you post is key to how people see you.  What you share let's others into your home indiscriminately.  Annabel Kantaria took a thriller and added the sometimes eerie things that people post and follow to make it unique.  How well do you know your friends?  How well do they know you?  In this story, a young pregnant woman must sort through these questions to find who she can trust before her world turns ugly.  It will definitely make you think!
Wow! This book makes me want to shut down all my social media accounts. I had to go to all of mine after I was done and see what was available to the public to see. Creepy! I was not expecting the twist ending to this book and that was what I loved about this book- you didn’t know who was being stalked OR who was doing the stalking to the end. I had a pretty good idea of who was being stalked but how it all came together in the end was insane. Definitely recommend this one! Thank you HQ publishing and Netgalley for the ARC in return for my honest opinion of the book
I really like the twist and turns in “I Know You”!!! I was hooked right from the start and couldn’t put the book down! It really makes you think about how people put their self out there for others to see!
Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher and author for an Advance Readers Copy of I Know You. The following review is based solely on my own opinion.

3 stars

The story centers around married couple Taylor and Jake and Taylor's friend, Anna. The bit players are Simon, Sarah and Caroline.
I could not connect with the characters in this book. They did not have depth and I didn't feel that any of them belonged together.

A sticking point for me was that the author was not able to write Taylor as an American. Taylor did not speak or have thoughts that were phrased as someone who is from the United States. It wasn't even necessary for Taylor to be American. It added nothing to the story.

I kept reading, hoping that the characters would develop, but they never did. I finished it because I had to know the "who."
I didn’t realize from the book’s synopsis that this was a book about a stay-at-home pregnant woman who spends her days interacting online with other mommies and soon-to-be-mommies. I find this type of fictional drivel insufferable, and this book was no exception; however, the chapters narrated by someone stalking the mommies online through their social media accounts was so well-written, it kept me reading despite how bored I was by all the baby-centric blather.

I love reading books that incorporate social media, and this is one of the best I’ve read so far. The chapters about social media were exceptional. The author hit the nail on the head with all of her observations about what people post to social media. (There’s even a witty chapter about people who share the books they read on social media and have deluded themselves into thinking they are part of the literary world without realizing they are essentially unpaid marketers for authors and publishers. I also loved the chapter about the wannabe foodies.) While there is some tongue-in-cheek humor about the things people share about their life online, the story does really make you think about what you share for complete strangers to read and the consequences that can follow if someone starts stalking you.

If I could separate the social media chapters from the rest of the book, this would be a five-star read for me. Unfortunately, I could not stand reading about an adult woman being offended after someone referred to her as “big” because she thinks her bump is perfectly proportioned (seriously, for real?) It’s even more irritating when this very same person has the audacity to confront a childless woman hosting an event in her home for being a “cow” just because she does not fall all over her and worship the ground she walks on like everyone else is expected to do. I’m also very tired of reading about how every woman wants to kidnap someone’s baby. Nope. Sorry, many women do not have babies on the brain 24/7.