Cover Image: I Know You

I Know You

Having been a victim of online stalking, this book resonated with me. The characters are  diverse - we are not sure who is good and who is bad and there are enough twists to keep the reader interested.
In a reality where social media is part of our lives, this books uses that concept to make us question what really is possible when the intentions of someone aren't the best.
This book hooked me, even though I wasn't a particular fan of the characters. It made you think, and it also made you curious to see what was coming next.
this was an entertaining read, not completely obvious from the set up how it would go and nice fleshing out of characters as it progressed to a satisfying conclusion
I’m catching up on my backlogged netgalleys and this was one of them. I worry about some thrillers because some of them are predictable or the same, but I Know You was different. The relationships and the digital age was a new twist that I enjoyed.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to review this book and to be an early reader via NetGalley! However, I will not be writing a review for this title at this time, as my reading preferences have since changed somewhat. In the event that I decide to review the book in the future, I will make sure to purchase a copy for myself or borrow it from a library. Once again, thank you so much for providing me with early access to this title. I truly appreciate it. Please feel free to contact me with any follow-up questions or concerns.
Thank you Netgalley for the ARC of this book for my honest review.  Yayy I was so excited that I was chosen to read and review this book and it was simply delicious that I devoured it in one sitting.  Great book!

A recent transplant from sunny California, life in the London suburbs is not what Taylor Watson expected. Far from the West End shops and city lights she imagined, she finds herself pregnant and lonely, with a husband frequently away on business and only social media to keep her company. It’s only after Taylor joins a book club and a walking group, that she finally starts to make some real-life friends. Before long, Taylor’s hanging out with Anna, Sarah, Simon, and Caroline but, as her pregnancy progresses and her friendships blossom, a sense of unease develops. Nothing’s ever quite as it seems on the surface, and it soon becomes clear that Taylor’s new friends have secrets. One appears to be after Taylor’s husband, another’s always putting her down, and then there’s the question of Simon. Could he have feelings for Taylor? But far more worryingly, one of the group’s not being too careful what they post on social media—and another is watching all too closely. Who’s stalking who . . . and why?

My Review

Taylor recently arriving in the US from London finds herself a bit lonely since her husband is away from home more often than not. Since she misses her family and friends she decides to join a group to make friends. Since this is a thriller you can imagine things don't go well for Taylor.

This ARC was provided in exchange for my honest opinion. I must say this is one of those books that keeps you guessing until the very end. If you enjoy a really good whodunit, then "I Know You" is the perfect novel.

I give this book a 5 Star.
thank you for the opportunity to read this book and I really enjoyed it. not what i thought it would be like. but well written and glad i gave it ago
Big eye opener in the digital world and I never saw the ending coming. I didn't like any of the characters, but I still was interested and highly engaged.
This book was an excellent read in my opinion. The ending was exceptionally good, with the twist at the end that you don’t see coming. The story and characters were great, it was a easy book to get into with the style of writing. A proper page turner that keeps you on the edge of your seat. The first book I have read by this author and I will certainly be keeping my eye out for more in the future. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys reading psychological thrillers.
Thank you netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this in exchange for a honest review.
Such a great domestic suspense with perspectives from Taylor, a lonely pregnant American housewife who recently moved to England with her husband, and a unknown stalker.  Even though the plot and twist was not original and was similar to things I have read in the past, I definitely enjoyed it a lot and thought the pacing was really good throughout the book.  I was not really sold on Taylor being American.  Her dialogue made her seem very British to me though that was not a big deal just something I picked up on. Would definitely recommend for someone wanting a quick suspenseful read! I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Thank you to Netgalley, Crooked Lane Books, and Annabel Kantaria for an e-arc copy in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed this book.  the characters were almost evil like but since I have started reading these thrillers, they have become some of my favorites.  This book will keep you on the edge of your seat
Taylor Watson is heavily pregnant and hopeful that moving to England will put her husband’s affair behind them. An introverted social media junkie, she makes a point to get out and make friends, but one of them betrays her trust, stalking her online. Kantaria eases Dear Reader through a calvacade of characters who are all a bit shady, making each one suspect in turn. This is not only a tale of the dangers of social media, but a lesson in vetting family and friends in person. The ending rocks! I received this well-written, suspense-filled thriller from HQ through NetGalley.
What a thoroughly absorbing thriller "I Know You" is! From the gripping start it had me hooked and I was constantly picking it up any free time I had, to continue reading it.
I've read a couple of social media stories of late but by far this was the most realistic, entertaining and compelling. I really thought throughout the story that I had the plot worked out but oh no I was so wrong and the thrilling ending had me glued to the pages reading with my eyes on stalks!
Everyone knows these days that there are some very dubious people stalking social media sites and it is becoming increasing more difficult to spot these imposters so I liked how the author made this so authentic to a point I'd have probably interacted the same way on the sites. There's a lot of secrets in this book and it's difficult for the reader to know who to trust themselves without the characters doubting each other too but this just adds to the intrigue and tension keeping you right on the edge of your seat. The well executed story has been fantastically plotted and thought out - I thoroughly enjoyed this psychological themed thriller and thought it one of the best I've read. It truly is an ongoing worry, wondering who you are making friends with, online and in real life, since there are so many fake profiles being created these days. I thought the pacy, creepy and addictive writing was just superb for this type of story, it oozed paranoia and distrust and I highly recommend this to all readers of psychological fiction, I guarantee you'll be intrigued from the very beginning.
I'm embarassed to say that I've never heard of the author Annabel Kantaria and therefore not read any of her very popular books, however I will remedy this and read "The One That Got Away" in the near future and hopefully read her others very soon too.

A well earned 5 stars for a fabulously entertaining book!
Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for a honest review. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I wish I could say I loved it. Sadly these types of books are becoming more and more popular, and if you’ve read one of them it feels like you’ve read them all. The book goes on and on, but nothing interesting happens. The ending is very abrupt, and very little satisfying. It kept my attention for a few hours but it isn’t something I would recommend to anyone or read again.
I wish I could say I loved this one. Maybe I've read this style a time too many? Maybe I just didn't believe nor identify with the characters? It is certainly a book full of unlikable people. I just have a tough time believing that many awful people would find each other - small town or no.

Either way, it did keep me reading and I was curious if my guesses were right. I'm glad I gave it a shot but I wish I'd loved it. The author did go a great job of capturing the isolation and frustration of relocating and then, as a middle aged woman, having to find and make a whole new group of friends.
3.5 stars rounded down to a 3.

I had such higher hopes for this book. I usually write my reviews as soon as I finish reading a book and I am forcing myself to do it now, 3 days later. To be honest, I don't really remember much about this book. I didn't find it very interesting for about 50% of the way in. It was slow, but not too slow to where I felt the need to DNF it.

I did kind of predict the ending, but it wasn't horrible. I honestly am glad the ending was what it was because I did enjoy it. But overall, a meh book and I likely won't pick this book up again.

HOW I RATE BOOKS (for reference):
5 stars: an amazing book. a book that will stay in my mind days, weeks, months later. typically an all-time favorite, although not always. Most likely to reread
4 stars: a great book, but is just missing that one thing to set it over the edge. would be somewhat likely to reread
3 stars: meh book. was able to get through it and the story was okay, but not something I'd likely reread
2 stars: just no. a book I did not enjoy, but was able to get through without DNFing
1 star: did not like it at all, was bored and couldn't get through it, DNF'd
I’ve received this book in exchange for my honest review; Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC

There’s something about a book when it leaves you with a whole new perspective on something we use and look to daily. SOCIAL MEDIA, is a great invention and it is wonderful and beautiful and truly amazing, however, it can also be dangerous, life changing and completely ominous when at the end of the wrong ones finger tips. We truly do not know just how vulnerable we can be, at times. This book was brilliant and I really want to see more of said author!!
Dark mystery that sucks you into a different place. A nightmare where no one wants to be. Good read. Can’t put it down. Wondering where it’s going to go And which way to turn
I thoroughly enjoyed this thriller. I read and finished it during vacation, so I'm a little late in writing my review. I hope I can still do it justice here.

I Know You follows the lonely life of Taylor, pregnant and in a new country with her husband.  Her only friends are Twitter, Instagram and most other social media sites.  Once she starts to meet new people in real life (after essentially finding them on the internet), things get a little crazy.

This world of social media, although mostly harmless, keeps getting more dangerous and I Know You exposes the dangers.  You think you know somebody...

This was an easy and quick read.  The end left a little to be desired. It ended quite abruptly in my opinion.  That was the only part that left me a bit dissatisfied but not enough to be upset with the whole book.  Great beach read!