Till Death Do Us Part

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 10 Sep 2019

Till Death Do Us Part is a book based around secrets and lies, past lives and the fact that you can never really know someone, even if you've lived or been in a relationship with them for many years, if they are the type of person who is inclined to hide secrets or their true self. This leads to a wickedly clever and gripping story where nothing is what it seems and almost everyone is pretending to be someone they are not. The characters are relatable and written so well that you sympathise with Anna especially.

Edger explores the strength of the bond of marriage and the inner conflict and confusion Anna feels when attempting to determine whether to stand by her husband or denounce him as a murderer. It's the type of book you binge on and devour quickly thanks to the potent mix of engaging plot, fast pace and snappy chapters, and the twists and turns take the book in several unpredictable directions so there are definitely some surprises and shocks in store for readers. Many thanks to Killer Reads for an ARC.
I think it was Coco Chanel who said to put on all the accessories you think you want to wear and then remove one. The concept was too much is too much. I have felt that way frequently regarding twists in books. In this book, however, there were too many story lines! At one point I didn't even think I was reading the same book anymore. Why? Because we were reading about drug deals and spousal abuse. And at one point I half expected the bride to invite the detective to join her for a girls' night out! Now, had these things somehow connected back to the original point of the book, I might have been more understanding. But they didn't. They just muddied my reading. So while the main story was good, reading this book was somewhat like trying to concentrate on a movie while a rock concert is going on next to you.
This is a really solid, well written thriller with enough twists and turns to keep it fresh and intriguing.  I really enjoyed this novel. Thanks for the chance to review.
Who killed Kerry the dancer?  Alice is sure it isn't Ben, her new husband but....Alice doesn't make the smartest choices and she's a bit tone deaf but that's ok.  What would you do under these circumstances?  There are lots of secrets and lies in this twisty little thriller- and they will keep you reading.  Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.  A page turner.
ANOTHER of my favourite authors.
His latest release is a real page turner. Imagine what should be the happiest day of your life your wedding day is ruined as your new husband is arrested for MURDER !!!!!
Well that was me hooked. Once I started reading I could not put this book down. So many secrets, lies and a plethora of suspects. This book actually kept me guessing until the big reveal. I read this book in one sitting,  spent most of the time sat on the edge of my seat and tapping my kindle faster and faster.
A murder mystery and so much more. Really clever story telling and an original plot. A who dunnit par excellence.  I LOVED IT!!!!!. An easy five stars and so Highly Recommended.
I would like to thank the author, Harper Impulse and Killer Reads and Net.galley for the ARC in return for giving an honest review.
This is the second book I’ve read by Stephen Edger. The first book, Little Girl Gone, was one of those perfect binge worthy thrillers that you read in one sitting because it’s just so damn intense and fast paced that you can’t put it down until you finish. Mr. Edger did not disappoint me as I really enjoyed this suspenseful thriller. This book had that same great sense of urgency that kept me flipping pages but also really explored marital bonds and how they can have such a great impact on our lives. I really enjoyed that aspect as it brought something new and thoughtful to a really exciting story.

Since this was such a snappy, quick read I really don’t want to discuss the plot details at all, but I will say that this went in quite a few unexpected directions and most definitely kept me on my toes. I don’t always connect with any sort of depth, to characters in a thriller, but I did feel invested in them during this one.

I’m always pleasantly surprised when a thriller can make me feel something besides fear, etc and this one definitely tugged on my heartstrings. I recommend this as the perfect read to devour over a weekend, it’s pretty addictive. It was a fast-paced, whodunit story that kept me on my toes and kept me turning those pages. I loved both the investigatory part of the book as well as the family drama that was going on.

Till Death Do Us Part is a suspenseful read that had me racing through the pages. The author had me feeling lots of emotions and I loved the journey I was taken on with revelations and twists and turns a plenty. A gripping and entertaining read and definitely deserving of four stars.

Thank you NetGalley, Harper Impulse, Killer Reads and Stephen Edger for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley
4-5 stars!  Excellent beginning that really grips and intrigues you, but sort of drags in the middle which made me hesitate giving even the 4 stars!  Have to admit that I was really shocked by the killer, but also confused, since stories sort of seemed to be differing.  Overall a good read, that could be a bit more intense, but is a decent one in my opinion!
This book was incredibly suspenseful, full of twists and a fascinating story. I was shocked at several of the events that I did NOT see coming. Highly recommend!
Oh Alice you sure have a dodgy husband! I can’t imagine much worse than your husband being arrested as you are celebrating your new nuptials. How well does Alice really know her husband? She’s a really likable character and the cover is really one that would draw me in while I am out shopping for books. Kudos to Stephen Edger!! Highly recommend for your next summer book club read.
I’d like to thank Harper Impulse & Killer Reads and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read ‘Till Death Do Us Part’ by Stephen Edger in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

As Alice and Ben are cutting the cake at their wedding reception the police arrive and arrest him for the murder of Kerry Valentine, a strip club dancer.  Although he’s released on bail pending further investigation, Alice isn’t sure how well she knows her new husband especially when she finds photographs hidden at the top of a wardrobe which were taken when Ben was younger.  Ben says he had nothing to do with Kerry’s death but how can Alice be sure when she feels he’s hiding things from her?

‘Till Death Do Us Part’ is a tense thriller with a fast-paced plot, drama, dubious suspects and twists and turns especially towards the final chapters.  I couldn’t decide who’d committed the crime so had to keep reading until I reached the end which took me by surprise.  I can recommend this book which I found easy to read.
I am a big fan of Stephen Edger's books so I was very excited to read this book.  And it was everything that I expected and more.  I read this book in a day, I did not want to put it down and I could not see how it was going to end.  If you want a fast paced story about trust and lies then this book is definitely for you.

Alice and Ben are finally married,  It is a day that Alice and planned for months and wanted it to be perfect.  And it was perfect - until it came time to cut the cake.  As they are cutting their wedding cake 3 policemen storm the room and Ben is arrested for murder.  That is the beginning of Alice's nightmare.  Ben is released on bail the next day and swears that he is innocent of the murder of Kerry Valentine - a dancer from his bucks party.  As Alice looks into this more, the more she realises that she doesn't really know her husband.  Ben has a past that she knows nothing about and the shocks keep coming. The ending of this book was a surprise, one that I did not see coming. Bravo Mr Edger!!

Thanks to Harper Impulse and Killer Reads and Netgalley for my advanced copy of this book to read.  All opinions are my own and are in no way biased.
This book had so much potential when I read the prologue. Omgee, I was so excited to start reading it, but as the chapters went on it got unbearably boring. I had to skip my way through the book and I went to the end. Finding out who actually killed Kerry was a disappointment as well. This was in no way shape or form a thriller. This book should have kept the same momentum that it had in the beginning when the author was speaking with Kerry's voice. I'll rate this a solid 3/5 at best. So disappointed.
I really enjoyed this, Alice is a really likeable character, she appears naieve at times but overall she's strong and determined to find the truth, who killed Kerry Valentine!!
Alice is in the middle of her dream wedding when her husband Ben is arrested for murder!! He's released but Alice remains suspicious of him and his friends who are hiding what happened on Ben's stag do.
We are taken along with Alice and her suspicions and like her totally shocked when we find out who actually killed her!!
Gripped me from page one right until the end
"Till Death Do Us Part"  Stephen Edger

My first time reading that author.

It's supposed to be the happiest day of her life... Alice has been preparing her wedding forever, but on that special day her husband Ben gets arrested for murder...

People around you aren't always what they seem... everybody's got secrets...

4.5 stars.
Really good, I loved it!
Well written, interesting characters and story, captivating, intriguing, keeps you wanting to read more!

Thank you to NetGalley and Harper Impulse and Killer Reads for the ARC of this book.  This is my honest review.  All opinions are my own.
This is a perfect beach read because you just don't want to put it down!

When Alice's husband is arrested on their wedding day her dream o f a perfect life with him might just about to become a nightmare.

Th ere are dodgy characters galore in this book.. What I loved was unlike a lot of thrillers I've read recently,I had no idea who dunnit.  Was the husband innocent or guilty? Was it somebody else?

Great read,thanks to Netgalley for the opportunity to review,this is my honest .opinion.
Alice has spent ages planning her perfe t wedding day, but when Ben is arrested at the reception her whole world comes crashing down. Who is the man she married? More to the point, can she really trust him with her life?
Till death do us part had me gripped from it's first sentence. Just when you think you have it the plot twists and your left guessing right until the last moment.
For months, Alice has been stressing over her wedding, planning it down to the tiniest detail (you wonder if she suffers from anxiety or is just a perfectionist). She pulls it off though, and the day is a beautiful success, going down without a hitch- unless you count the groom getting arrested for murder during the reception. Her new husband, Ben, assures her it's just a crazy misunderstanding, and Alice desperately wants to believe him. As small lies and secrets from Ben's history start to come out, though, Alice wonders what else Ben may have hidden from her?

If you've read books like The Last Mrs. Parrish or The Temp, then you think you know what to expect from Till Death Do Us Part. Domestic thrillers are flooding the market, and they have their formula down pat. However, Till Death Do Us Part is a very good entry in the genre,  and might surprise you after all. There's less of the unreliable narrator that you get from authors like B.A. Paris (whose books are good, don't get me wrong, but confused women get a bit tiring after a while- give me some empowerment!). Men aren't often the authors of this specific type of suspense/thriller, and Stephen Edger proves you don't have to be female to write decent female characters.
This book had so many twists and turns, half the time I didn't know whether I was coming or going. But I mean that in a good way! I was left guessing until the very end, and even what I thought was going to happen didn't. The ending took me by total surprise. I recommend this book if you love suspense and trying to untangle who the real culprit is.
Till Death Do Us Part was very well written, striaght aght away I was drawn in by the story and had to know what happens next, I enjoyed this one very much.
I don't want to ruin this book for everyone who still has to read it, but believe me when I say that you are in for a thrilling read!
The story is really well written and I could not put it away. Can highly recommend!