28 Ways of Compassion

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Feb 2019

Compassion. Compassion is not a new concept, but sometimes, it seems as though being compassionate is a lost art. Whatever excuse we have, Dee Borgoyn address these in her book, 28 Ways of Compassion. I thought this was a fantastic read. It shows not only what compassion is, but gives examples of how one can be compassionate, and incorporate it into our daily live. Not only to make ourselves, but others. lead happier, healthier lives.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I received a digital copy of this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly, this book was pretty amazing and I wasn't expecting much from the title, but I really enjoyed it.

Without having to spoil much of anything, I just want to say that it was a fun experience reading this and I hope everyone who picks up this book will have a good time reading it.
Working in the healthcare is definitely a difficult job! This book gives you great ways to bring caring back into your life and see patients in a brand new light!
As a nurse this book spoke to me. I went into nursing because I love caring for people and often times that is lost in the shuffle of bedside care. Compassion is essential for taking care of others. As a future nurse practitioner I will take these words and carry them with me. I will strive to be compassionate to all patients I encounter. Great read.
Very lovely read. I always love books like this that will make me look at things in my life to see how I can improve myself.
The author draws from experiences in the health-care industry in writing this guide. It is all in hope that the steps and call to action in this book would help create a more compassionate leadership approach in healthcare.
However, I read this and found it applicable to anyone, because people have emotions, desire to be heard and appreciated and most of all, we live in times where kindness and concern for the well-being of other people is crucial.
The book is divided in four sections; each building upon the four components the author believes define or are key to compassion. The book then explores twenty eight ways to show and share compassion, guiding you daily with exercises and questions for reflection.
I loved the reflection questions because then I had questions to ask myself at the end of the day, and upon reflection, it brought my attention to certain things I do that hinder how well I connect with people and for someone working in the community, this was refreshing.
I did get a free digital copy of the book to read off of Netgalley and it’s been an experience worth remembering. The book is being released tomorrow January 15, 2019 and if you are in health care or in any position seeking to lead, be a team player through compassion or to practice compassion, then this is a short, simply-written book that you’d read.