Baby Daddy Mystery: Shady Hoosier Detective Agency (Book 2)

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 07 Apr 2019

Well, this book is an absolute hoot. It's brilliant, packed full of wit, comedy and delightfully eccentric characters.
Ruby Jane and Veenie are private investigators working for Harry Shades, whose inability to resist women means he's temporarily had to leave town. The two mature ladies therefore take on a case concerning the Apple family - or rather, cases. They throw themselves into their duties with energy and determination, and whilst their means might be a little unconventional they're certainly effective.

The plot is clever, with just the right amount of craziness, and as I've mentioned the people we meet in the pages of this novel are wonderful, whether it's wonderfully awful or wonderfully genuine. The humour dances off the pages and it's impossible not to chuckle as you absorb this madcap, exciting and entertaining story.
If you're looking for a humorous mystery then look no further! This 2nd book in the Shady Hoosier Detective Agency series was just as fun as the first! The author holds nothing back, delivering lots of laugh out loud moments, while creating so many twists and turns that I was kept guessing until the very end!! The main characters are older ladies which gives a unique voice to the story.
I can't wait to read the next book in this series!!
This book was such a fun read! I love funny mysteries and this book did not disappoint. I love the title and the main characters. They are all well developed, funny and loaded with different things going on. Pick this book for your next read. You will not be disappointed! Highly recommend this book for the laughs and entertainment.
Thank you Netgalley and Hot Pants Press, LLC for my advanced digital copy. The opinion on this review is my own.
I requested this based on the title. It was a good book. I would recommend it to others. I enjoyed it.
I stumbled on this book totally by accident and I’m so glad that I did!!!

This is the 2nd book in the series, however I had no problems getting into this hoot of a story!  This book could very well be a stand-a-lone book if I ever saw one!

I can’t say enough about this book!  I truly LOVED this fun and quirky book!  The author, Daisy Pettles writing style is just amazing.  I had to reread several areas just because I was giggling and had tears in my eyes.  Her word choice was spot on, not to mention her descriptions of situations made you feel as though you were actually there!

This is for sure a crazy cozy mystery with down home humor straight from Pawpaw County, Indiana courtesy of Veenie and Ruby Jane.  If they aren’t at the Curl Up & Dye getting their hair done, they are probably getting ready to take on their next case.  If you need laugh out loud fun, this is a read for you!

I’m for sure grabbing book 1 Now and book 3 just as soon as it is available!!
Oh my word, I haven't laughed this much over a book in forever.  The characters are a hoot and the mystery is satisfyingly well done.  This is the second book in the series.  I cant wait to read the next one.  If you havent read the previous  installment, treat yourself now.
This is a funny story about two old ladies that, among other things, likes to solve a good mystery.
Thank you Netgalley for this funny book.
This is the second book in the ‘Shady Hoosier Detective Agency’ series. The first book is the ‘Ghost Busting Mysteries’, although I haven’t yet read it. This second book, named “Baby Daddy Mystery: Shady Hoosier Detective Agency” was such a quirky, mad and crazy read and I did not feel disadvantaged in any way not having read book one first.

There was so much fun and hilarity packed into this cozy mystery that I was never bored and I wanted to continue reading. The characters’ antics were highly amusing, especially those of Veenie. Apart from the mystery, the book had underlying themes of companionship and love that greatly complemented the story for me.

Although the conclusion of the story was no great surprise, it was still a very fulfilling ending to a wonderful book that regularly had me laughing-out-loud.

If you like cozy mysteries with a large helping of craziness and humour then you can’t go wrong with “Baby Daddy Mystery: Shady Hoosier Detective Agency”. The third book is due to be released shortly so I will be looking out for that one.

Thanks to NetGalley, Hot Pants Press, LLC and the author, Daisy Pettles, for my free ARC of Baby Daddy Mystery: Shady Hoosier Detective Agency (book 2) in exchange for an honest review.

#NetGalley #BabyDaddyMysteryShadyHoosierDetectiveAgencyBook2
A dead body on the porch,  some clucking hens and a handsome rooster, old women trying to impress an equally old and handsome man, a scam, Ma and Peepaw Horton's pies, extramarital affairs ... phew! So many things going on at once and these ladies are stronger than you think! They can run, jump and even 'manhandle' a criminal so don't underestimate them.

Harry, the 'founder' of Shady Hoosier Detective agency is on a run. No, he's not a criminal but he's well known for sleeping with ladies - the married ones. Oops!. Shap is angry and threatens to kill Harry for sleeping with his wife. But Mrs Shap can't seem to keep her hands and eyes off Harry. As they make the detective agency office their love nest, RJ and Veenie spend most of the time outdoors, sleuthing.

Baby Daddy Mystery is the second book in the Shady Hoosier Detective Agency series. The first book was super crazy and funny - ghosts with green lights on their bums!! The second book is even crazier, quirkier and wild!

There isn't a single instance in the book where I felt lost or bored! Daisy Pettles makes sure that each and every paragraph has something hilarious or dirty. Veenie was wilder than I remember her from the previous book. RJ's relation with her kids was a nice inclusion to the story. But being Veenie's friend and all, RJ is weird too. Sassy and Veenie, though single, are always ready to mingle. Senior citizens or not,  love and companionship is a must, isn't it?

As the story ends, be it fraud, murder or cheating spouse, the ladies solve it all! See, I told you, there are very good at what they do! One arrow, three birds! Or, Four, or five! I loved the ending. Although the reader is given a clear picture as to the identity of the perp, I liked the ending. It was something different from the same old, usual stuff. I thought the ladies would do some Jack Reacher like action in the end but as they say, expect the unexpected, they handled it coolly.

So go ahead and read Baby Daddy Mystery and if you haven't read the first book in the series - Ghost Busting Mysteries, then read that too. The third book is being released this month so I am looking forward to reading it.
This book was such fun to read.  I was laughing out loud because besides being funny, it it also entertaining and very good.
Thanks to Netgalley and the author for the opportunity to read this book.

I have read the first one before and this one is as good as the first, still hilariously funny and the characters are great!

Keep them coming!
In the first book in the Shady Hoosier Detective Agency series, Ghost Busting Mystery, author Daisy Pettles introduced cozy mystery fans to a couple of senior sleuths from small-town Indiana. And in the follow-up, Baby Daddy Mystery, they’re back on the case, tracking down cheating spouses and maybe even a murderer.

Review published on NightsAndWeekends.com and aired on Shelf Discovery.
I read BOOK 1 in this new series and fell in love with this quirky little Indiana town -- Knobby Waters -- and the characters who live there. Two old ladies take jobs to supplement their social security -- they need''twinkie money," and get into all sorts of messes. The language is so fresh and colorful and the characters so vivid they pop off the pages. If you love porch stories and rural life as it's lived with wit and humor you'll enjoy rattling around in the 60's Chevy the old gals drive hunting for cheatin' husbands and wayward boyfriends, Absolutely hilarious and fresh new series loaded with laughs and very unusual "get it done' old ladies. This is ought to be a TV series. VERY ORIGINAL.
Baby Daddy Mystery by Daisy Pettles is the second book in Shady Hoosier Detective Agency but can be read as a standalone.
I haven't read the first book and still could manage to follow the story and references to the previous book.

I really liked that the main sleuths are elderly ladies but very young at heart. Their way of live, humor and zeal for live suggests someone much younger.
I also enjoyed the setting and I absolutely loved good old southern quirkiness and specific kind of humor.

Mysteries are plentiful as ladies managed to juggle even four cases at once but it all comes together at the end.
Well written and presented mystery that reads easily. It is very absorbing and compelling.
Characters are well developed and realistic.

I am looking forward to read next book.
Daisy Pettles's "Baby Daddy Mystery" was very amusing.  The characters were full or quirks and sass.  I had a couple of laugh out loud moments.  The "detectives" were a couple of elderly ladies that were quite determined to find out the reasons and person or persons behind the crimes that happen while also getting all of the gossip they can.  They manage to go from one crisis to the next in a way that kept me entertained and guessing who was responsible for what.  If you are interested in some light reading with some interesting down home characters this is the book for you.
Veenie and Ruby Jane are a riot, they are hilarious, fun and efficient in their somewhat chaotic investigating style. These two elderlies take their job seriously, but I tell you the older folks in this town are a horny lot, they are more active than the young ones. This has been an amusing and intriguing cozy with the girls' wacky ways of doing things.
The Baby Daddy Mystery is the second book in the Shady Hoosier Detective Agency Mystery series and is just as much fun as the first one.

Ruby Jane, RJ, and Veenie are such a hoot and made me laugh and giggle while they are investigating the request for child support that Avonelle Ollis, the bank president, receives when her husband passes away. But of course we also get our share of murder.....and watching the two older ladies nosying their way to the solution of the mystery is a real treat.

This mystery can be read as a stand alone but there is so much fun to be had, why not read the whole series. I can't wait for the next installment to be come available. RJ and Veenie are the newest addition to my favourite must read series.

I requested this book from NetGalley and am thankful that Hot Pants Press and the author provided me with an advance copy.
The big question is In the title- who is the Baby’s Daddy? I kept changing my mind and was wondering until the end! This second part in the Shady Hoosiers Detective series is better than the first. I want Ruby Jane and Veenie as friends- smart, great sense of humor and lovers of junk food! Although I am not from a town like Knobby Waters I felt like I belonged. Daisy Pettles is a fantastic story teller and I can imagine sitting on a porch swing listening to her tell the tales of this small town. She sprinkled in humor with intelligence and teased me with whispers of the next book.  Plus this reminds me of a cross between ‘Murder She Wrote’ and ‘The Andy Griffith show’. I love it and love sitting down, hunkering under the covers and reading it with a cat on my lap- that’s my perfect day!
Characters were interesting and the story evolved while getting to know them. I couldn't put it down. Left me wanting to know more so I am so glad to hear another book is coming.!
Ruby Jane "RJ" Waskom and Lavinia "Veenie" Goens are left to run the Shady Hoosier Detective Agency after their boss, Harry Shades, took off. They have their hands full staying clear of Shap Reynolds, who is after Harry.

Avonelle Apple, Knobby Waters bank president, comes in to appeal RJ and Veenie to look into a matter of one Ms Barbara Skaggs claiming Avonelle's deceased husband is the father of her three children. While RJ and Veenie go to speak with Barbara, they find a dead body wearing a scarecrow outfit sitting in a glider. The body belonged to one of Avonelle's twin sons.

When Sassy, RJ and Veenie's boarder, called to tell them she was in jail for murder, but claims she's innocent. They agree to take on her case.

RJ and Veenie find themselves up to their elbows in cases, including RJ's daughter, Joyce, who thinks her husband, Rusty is cheating on her. RJ and Veenie have a lot of loose ends all pointing in one direction and they need that smoking gun.

This is the second book in the series! Veenie is a hoot, and just as brassy as ever. If you enjoy humor, mystery and two elderly detectives full of spunk, then you'll enjoy this series.

I received an ARC from NetGalley via Hot Pants Press, LLC in exchange for my honest opinion.