Saigon Red

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 19 Mar 2019

Fast paced, thrilling CIA-type novel that keeps you reading. I wish I had read the first book prior to this one but it did not take much away from my reading. Although there were some unbelievable plot twists, I think we partly read these “James Bond” sort of books for that suspension of reality. I enjoyed this and especially enjoyed the setting.

#SaigonRed #NetGalley
This is a very well written story, but the plot is too far-fetched to score top score. The characters and the setting are very interesting, however, and make for a great read.
Taut, fast moving. The writing is tight, character development is superb and the plot and themes are obviously well thought out.

Hard to put down. You are left craving for more.
action-adventure, international-crime-and-mystery, suspense, Vietnam, thriller  *****

From a career destroying mess in Cleveland, to a boot camp in Texas for a security firm, to beginning her first assignment in Italy with the destination of the former Saigon now Ho Chi Minh City, smart and savvy Alex finds herself involved in corporate espionage and high tech assassins. The pace is fast and intense with a few breathers, the characters engaging, the technology fascinating, and the suspense critical. The secondary plot revolves around her family, a CIA social interest, the felonious ex husband, and insinuates itself into the main plot quite deviously. It's a real thrill ride!
I requested and received a free ebook copy from Thomas and Mercer via NetGalley. Thank you!