Cover Image: The Farmer's Bride

The Farmer's Bride

I really enjoyed this one and couldn't put it down. It was well written and I was sucked in from the beginning. I recommend this to others.
Some women might enjoy being the only single woman in their community and having several young men pursuing them but Martha Detweiler isn't one of those women. She knows that she needs to be thinking about marriage but this isn't the way she wants to get a husband.  Seth Yoder is the only bachelor in Birch Creek who isn't after Martha and he feels no need to claim a wife. At the suggestion of a beloved older member of the Amish community Martha and Seth begin a little deception: they will act like they're seeing each other and then, finally, they will have some peace!

I liked the characters of  Martha and Seth and I am especially glad to re-visit Cevilla and Richard , the two older people that we first met in A Chance to Remember, the novella that Kathleen Fuller penned for An Amish Reunion.  Cevilla and Richard now admit to being in love but they still face the hurdle of Cevilla being Amish and Richard being an "Englisher".

This is a fun story but it is has serious moments also. Seth yearns to make a living with his wood carvings but he feels obligated to help on his family's farm.  Martha also enjoys creating beautiful objects from wood and she and Seth take pleasure in having this is common. Soon, Martha realizes that Cevilla's Plan B isn't as far-fetched as she believed because she is actually beginning to have feelings for Seth. The Farmer's Bride shows that we never know what is waiting around the bend and we should never close our minds (and hearts) to the possibility of love.

You will definitely want to read The Farmer's Bride if you enjoy stories about the Amish way of life and if you believe that romance can occur at any time of life. I truly enjoyed this book.

I received a complimentary copy from the author but a positive review was not required.
Seth Yoder secrets away to practice his woodcarving until a neighbor discovers his secluded shop and joins him in the endeavor. His dad wants him to run the family farm and doesn’t know about his dream. Martha Detweiler faces a dilemma most girls would enjoy—being the focus of all the single men’s attention since there are no other available women locally. She tries to avoid the chase and ends up spending time with Seth, the only one who hasn’t pursued her. Will the quirky Amish matchmaker’s suggestion bear fruit or will they remain reluctant friends? The book is fun, humorous at times, and a story that also makes one think. I got a copy from the publisher through Netgalley. All opinions are my own.
Another fun romance with some serious aspects in a series I wish would never end - I love Birch Creek and hope Fuller just keeps them coming. I was laughing on page one, with Martha's 'man troubles,' and the ensuing hilarity that follows as she wrestles with what other girls might find a perfect situation - too many suitors.

I am wondering if there is room enough in Birch Creek for two matchmakers, with Delilah's arrival - Cevilla certainly has a handle on the situation and won't be stopping her efforts anytime soon (in spite of promising otherwise).
As the only young single woman in town, Martha runs from her suitors rather than risk hurting their feelings.  Seth has been secretly working on developing his woodworking skills, which is more enjoyable than working on his family farmer.  When another single woman moves to town, two matchmakers try to create opposing matches.  In self-defense, Martha and Seth pretend to be in a relationship.  Both Martha and Seth are very honest people but are soon tangled in lies, secrets, and feelings for each other.  I received a free copy of this book from the publisher.  This is my honest and voluntarily given review.  This is a sweet and amusing romance.  It was a very enjoyable and enchanting read.  I love this book.
I received a complimentary copy from the publisher, Zondervan Fiction, through NetGalley. Any and all opinions expressed in the above review are entirely my own.
I'm loving this series! There are several elements to this story that develop and weave together- Martha and Seth's fake romance turned real, the secret woodworking they share, Cevilla's perspective and her relationship with a non-Amish man, and Seth's growth as he begins to enjoy the work of the farm. The friendship between Seth and Martha is so sweet and I loved the way they get to know each other and love blossoms. There are some heartbreaking twists in the story along the way but the themes of faith and reliance on God keep the overall tone more heartwarming as the characters struggle to make sense of their circumstances.

(I received a complimentary copy of the book; all opinions in this review are my own)
It's a sweet book & typical of its genre
If you have read similar books, there will be no surprises - nothing outstanding, but nothing wrong with it either!
I was given a free copy of this book by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, and honestly, I wasn't a fan.  It was predictable and boring.  Nothing really happens.  It is a very typical Amish boy meets Amish girl and they wind up together, which we all basically saw since page 1.   It's sad because I usually really like Kathleen Fuller but this book was phoned in.
This is a sweet Amish fiction.  Martha is the only single lady of her age in her Amish community and is tired of being singled out by the males in the area.  The only male not interested in her is Seth.  The two become better acquainted and love blossoms.

I received a copy of this book through Netgalley.  This review is my own.
I love Amish fiction and this book didn’t fail to disappoint.  A lot of love, twists, and surprises led to a satisfying end.
This is a nice Amish Christian fiction by Kathleen Fuller.  It is a story of faith, trusting in God, new beginnings, and forgiveness, even forgiving oneself.

I enjoyed the author’s cast of characters.  They were either likable or frustrating, sometimes both.  This is the story of Martha, the only eligible girl in their small Amish District.  While I like her, I wanted to give her advise and tell her to grow up.  Instead of facing her problems she kept running from them.  There were two elderly feisty ladies that really livened things up.  Those two were extremely believable.

I would recommend these to anyone that likes Amish fiction.  It was slow in parts but definitely a wonderful story.  I rated it a 4 out of 5 stars.  A copy was provided by NetGalley but these are my honest thoughts.
My second visit to Birch Creek was as enjoyable as my first. In The Farmer's Bride, we follow the path of love through Martha and Seth's journey filled with many ups and downs.

I was thrilled to learn that Martha had an interest in a profession that is not typical of an Amish woman. I was even more thrilled that Fuller highlighted in such a beautiful light. She let Martha have this joy and didn't keep her confined to the norm.

The Farmer's Bride is a perfect addition to any Amish reader's collection. It will leave you smiling and happy after you turn the last page.

This is a wonderful book! The romance elements of this book remind me of things I have been through in my own life!

Kathleen Fuller is a wonderful writer and all her books are amazing.

A sweet book of young love and and not so young love, traditions, faith, and hope.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher for my honest review.
Was so happy to get to read another Amish fiction by Kathleen Fuller! Although, a series, it's great as a stand alone. If you've previously read the first one in the Birch Creek series, you'll be happy to see some of the same characters!
Martha is still single and she likes it that way, except...she is the only available singe young woman in her community. Sh is tired of the single men all vying for her attention. She often runs and hides from them to keep from telling them she's not interested and hurting their feelings.
Then, there is Seth, whose father wants him to be able to take over the family farm one day. Seth's secret desire is to get good enough at woodworking for it to one day, be his occupation. He has a wood shop off in the woods that he sneaks off to whenever he has free time. He isn't interested in finding a wife at this time in his life.
One day when Martha is running from all the young men who are all making a beeline for her, she stumbles upon Seth's shop. Seth swears her to secrecy. She agrees in exchange for woodcarving lessons.
Cevilla, an older woman in the community is a matchmaker and she believes Martha and Seth belong together, and launches Plan B. I was thrilled to see Cevilla and Richard back in this story!
Cevilla thinks her plan is great! It involves Martha and Seth pretending to like each other so the other men will leave Martha alone.
A family moves into the community with plans to open an inn. Martha is thrilled that she may have a friend in Nina, as well as having another single female in their community.
This is a sweet heart warming story and a must read. You won't be disappointed!
I was given a free copy to read by the publisher, Zondervan and Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
We will have setbacks. That's life. We can't live in fear because we're not in control. We live in peace because of who's in control.

Martha of Birch Creek being the only young single woman available is trying to find ways to avoid the several young men who are relentlessly pursuing her. She has a difficult time finding the balance of kindness and saying how she feels. How she feels is that there are no young men in her community that she would like to know better. What she enjoys doing is learning new things and helping her uncle in his clock shop has deepened her passion for fixing and learning how machinery works. She is not your typical Amish woman.

Birch Creek's own Cevilla, an older single woman has taken Martha's predicament to heart. She has played cupid many times with success. She knows the perfect Amish young man for Martha and hatches a plan to bring them together. However, it back fires but Martha and Seth have plans of their own. When another Amish family moves into the community to set up an Amish Inn, Cevilla has met her match.

Nina along with her brother, father and grandmother have moved from Wisconsin to set up the Amish Inn in Birch Creek. Nina loves to fish and is trying to fit into Birch Creek community. Upon meeting Seth, her grand mother Delilah sees some match making of her own and puts a wretch in Cevilla's plans.

You never know what you will discover on your own. Without the meddling of others, Seth, Martha and Nina discover friendship, loyalty and trust thru the misunderstanding of the best intentions. Everyone becomes a winner on this one.

A Special Thank you to Zondervan Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
Kathleen Fuller does it again.  She writes a book that you can't and don't want to put down until the last page is turned over.

The Farmer's Bride is a moving story with all the emotions involved along the way.  Then there is more than one message in the book.  First message was it's better to tell the truth.  And second message was being honest with one's self and to others.

I look forward to reading more books by Kathleen Fuller in the future.

I received a free copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
The Farmer’s Bride is a cute little story about an Amish girl, who is the only girl of marriageable age in her community, and an Amish boy, who is the only boy out of many who isn’t interested in chasing her.

Martha has to keep fending off the droves of boys who won’t leave her alone. They all want to date her, because she’s the only literal choice in their small community. Which is why she’s drawn to Seth, because he’s not interested in her. Then due to certain circumstances, they find themselves pretending to date each other. But things get complicated when those feelings start to become real.

The romance in this book was sweet. I even liked the side romance between a new girl who moves into the community, and a boy who used to be very invested in Martha.

One thing I didn’t like was the way Seth’s dream was kind of shuffled aside to make room for Martha’s dream. It was like his dream became hers, or she sorta, stole it? That’s not how it’s shown in the book. He thought that at first, but then they both were okay with it. But as for me, I felt he should have stuck to his dream. Don’t give up on something you’ve been dreaming for for years just because someone kind of gets in the way.

In the end, it was a nice romance story. If you like Amish or religious romances, you would enjoy this book.

Thank you to Netgalley and Zondervan for a copy to review.
5 ***** Stars:  5/5 star rating
What a sweet story this one is!   I cried and laughed as I read.  The characters were special and felt like they could be old friends.   Cevilla and Delilah added humor while Martha, Nina, Seth, and his brothers invoked empathy for their plights in love.   I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy Amish or Christian fiction.
I received a digital version of this book from netgalley and Zondervan in exchange for my honest review.   I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions expressed are my own.
This is the second book in the Birch Creek series by this author. It is about life in a Amish community. Well written with a good storyline. Seth is a woodworker at heart but has to put his derams to the side to work on his fathers farm. He keeps to himself and doesn't have much to do with recreational activities in the community. Martha is a single woman that is bothered by the attention the men in the community gives to her she isn't comfortable with the idea of marrying any of them. In comes the matchmaker who decideds they would be perfect for each other and goes out of her way to see it happen. there is a lot of ups and downs for this young couple while they try to live life the way they want it.