The Rancher's Unexpected Baby

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 22 Jan 2019

To Maxwell Cooper’s great pleasure, his horses of quality Quarab stock have been well received by American buyers. His goal of selling to the Arab royal family would give his breeding business international credibility and prove that he wasn’t the bad apple everyone had assumed. After missing his opportunity at auction two years in a row, he’s been invited to back to back VIP sales and word on the street is that the royal family is going to be in attendance. And nothing will stop him from keeping his eye on the prize this time. Lena Fudge had been traveling the circuit as a newbie horse trader, but found herself fired after she passed along a hot tip while having hot sex with Maxwell Cooper. Now disgraced, she finds herself back in her family’s home in the middle of nowhere horse country. Learning she’s pregnant adds insult to injury, and despite her best efforts she’s fulfilling her family’s curse of living at home. She knows she has to tell Maxwell about the baby, but she refuses to ask for his help till she has her ducks in a row. That is until she runs into Maxwell at the auction stables after being rejected from a last ditch attempt to get her old job back.
I’ve read a number of books by this author in several different romance genres and she’s never disappointed. As with her other books, this was quick to devour, hawt sex scenes and a complete story with a satisfying ending. I highly recommend.
**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book
Leslie North is an amazing author and you can never go wrong with one of her books. Max and Lena are amazing together. Max, however, lets pride get in the way and loses Lena. He has to prove he loves her to win her back and his baby too.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and the Publisher.  Thank you.
Maxwell Cooper worked hard to have his name finally recognized as a lead breeder in Montana. After hearing some news that will definitely help him achieve his dreams he decides to pursue the lead. This poses a problem since the one who gave him the information is at a point in her life where everything seems to be going wrong. Lena is really having a bad day and running into Max again was the last thing she needed when she was five months pregnant with his baby. Max is not one to stand by and let his responsibilities be pushed aside. He will stand by Lena and have her help him achieve his dreams.
The second book in the series. Has Lena a newbie horse trader having a romp in the hay with the sexy Maxwell. She had also gave away a secret about the horse trading business to her boss’s completion who fires her. Later without a job, she finds out that she is pregnant and Maxwell is the father. She needs to tell him. Thinking that he will kick her around like others he wants them to be together. That is until his pride starts getting in his way. He wants to sell a horse to some Arabs, but they don’t like that Lena is around the horse and the business. They think it should only be men. Thinking that the deal fell through because of her she finds a new buyer from Ireland and he owns hotels with the prospect of buying more horses. This is not good enough for him and he tells her to leave. He doesn’t realizes that is also letting the woman with his child leave as well. Will he come to his senses and will she want to take him back? Read this very good book.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This is the journey to a HEA for Maxwell and Lena. They had a one-night stand and then she disappears. Maxwell discovers her in a having a heat discussion with a neighbor in said neighbor's barn. The neighbor is firing Lena for exposing confidential information. Maxwell discovers that the information was given to him AND that Lena is 5 months pregnant.

This story flows better than the first one of the series but there are still little hiccups in the plot that are sometimes confusing. But overall, I did enjoy this one much better. Maxwell and Lena were very believable characters. I enjoyed having the story written in a dual POV format. It really helped me to understand both characters a little better than if it were told any differently.

This story should only be read by someone over the age of 18.
Sweet erotic romance that tells the story of how one night can effect the rest of your life.
What happens when one night leads to pregnancy? Can two people overcome the mountain of getting to know each other in yhe mist of the hardship of pregnancy.
A short read that will satisfy any romance readers.
I mark as 4 stars because i would have preferred a bit more back story on the characters then i had, even in a short read.
This book was edgy, intense, fun, sweet, angst, engrossing and so much more with a story line that has a myriad of emotions you wont want to put it down!
I will read every Leslie North book and series. I am never disappointed. She keeps you engrossed throughout and you love Jer characters.
Second chances books are great.  They hooked and got a baby in the process. Plus a hot cowboy.  Enough said.  They learned to trust again.
Maxwell Cooper just wants to be the best horse dealer there is but when this horse magazine called him spoiled everyone is steering clear of him, but when he hears his neighbor talking down to an employee he can’t help but get involved. When the employee comes out he is amazed that it’s Lena a girl who he had a one nightstand with who is seemingly pregnant and Maxwell just knows it’s his. Maxwell isn’t quite sure what to do when he finds out that she got fired because of him and the result of him trying to figure out how to make it right is pretty adorable.
This book felt too rushed. There didn't seem to be much character development. Other than the fact they were having a baby I couldn't see them together. Neither character was enjoyable.
Leslie North is one of my go to authors for a nice easy read. The story flows really well but Lena hasn’t been my favourite female lead character. I liked Maxwell and his stubbornness was very realistic. A nice story with hea.
I do enjoy a romantic ranch book and this book fits this formula, an easy read chic lit wit some romance.

Felt the story was a little undeveloped and could have done with a little more background,  but as this was the second in the series maybe I needed to read the first one?

Lena is also a bit ropey and slopes off too easily when things get tough with Maxwell but all ends well.

A copy of this book was provided by Relay Publishing via Netgalley with no obligation to review.
Leslie North has always been one of my favourite romance authors and this series of hers doesn’t disappoint at all. It’s captivating and likely will end up being re-read like all of her books. Totally recommend
“The Rancher’s Unexpected Baby” is the second story in Leslie North’s Brothers of Cooper Ranch series… and it is an emotional story full of mistakes, near misses and two people who have chemistry trying to forge a future together for more than the sake of the baby.

Max and Lena equally amused and frustrated me in their dealings with each other. The chemistry is off the charts, it’s obvious to an outsider that they belong together… but getting two stubborn, believe they are right and won’t give up control people on the same page in this new relationship is a truly interesting romance. I liked them both, even when they frustrated me with their decisions or actions.

If you’re in the mood for a steamy, at times frustrating, love story with secrets, chemistry, and some engaging secondary characters then you’ll love “The Rancher’s Unexpected Baby”.

*I received an e-ARC of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley. That does not change what I think of this story. It is my choice to leave a review giving my personal opinion about this book.*
This was by far my favourite in series so far. I loved the tale of Maxwell and Lena. The relationship was sweet and beautiful. I think the complemented each other very well. Once again the writing style is well done and engaging.
After reading the first book in this series I knew I was in for interesting characters and a good story line. I loved Maxwell. His strong but silent nature made it hard for Lena to truly see how much she meant to him. Reading the ups and downs in their business and love lives kept me reading until the end. Definitely a great read and I can’t wait to read the next one!
I received a free ARC copy for my honest opinion.

Maxwell AND Lena come face to face under rather awkward circumstances, he is trying to figure out why Dan hates him and trying to salvage what he can of his reputation after a rather unflattering article Reins magazine.  Pregnant Lena is begging Dan not to figure her after she accidentally let an insider tip meant for Dan slip out while with Maxwell.
I loved the characters and I enjoyed Lena’s independence and her work ethic. Her owning up to her one mistake and trying to make up for it makes her more endearing. I truly enjoyed this book, it’s a quick easy read and.
It was an ok story for me. For one thing, I wasn't too fond of Lena. Her stubbornness and flightiness was a bit annoying. I saw no chemistry between her and  Maxwell. I voluntarily read this book via NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
The second book in the Brothers Of Cooper Ranch series, I like The Rancher’s Unexpected Baby. The character interaction was witty and emotional and the storyline enjoyable. I look forward to reading more