Brain Chatter Declutters

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Dec 2019

I had a great time reading this book and now I am looking forward to reading more books by the same author. Many many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for granting me access to this eARC.
This book was just okay. It’s basically about walking and meditating. It doesn’t really give you the technique other than telling you to walk for 15 meters while meditating, then walk 15 more meters thinking freely, alternate and build up. It also told about meditating for compassion. I feel like these topics could have been told better and more in-depth. It had some interesting information, but I feel like there were parts that were repetitive and others that just didn’t belong. There’s quite a bit of information about insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome. I became bored of it after the first few paragraphs, then it became repetitive and I was just done with it.

This book is different, it’s not for me.  It’s very short, and honestly could have been shorter.
This was the first book I've read from this author and it was an interesting book. I thought the information presented was well laid out and flowed well.
Okay. I guess I've had my fill of "self-help" books. Nothing against them, but they should be used carefully as a tool, and not medical advice regardless of who they are written by.
Wow! I loved this book!
 First of all its short.
 Secondly, its goal is to share with you some meditation experiences that brought about positive changes in some individuals including the author. It explains the technique and how this technique helps your body.
  The writing is curt and direct and has the rhythm of a translation. There are editing errors. However, the message still comes through quite clearly. I appreciate the author sharing his experiences.
   I plan to try these techniques and also look for more books by this author!
I received a copy from NetGalley for an honest review.
A short book with some valuable information. That being said there are so many better books out there on this subject that you could spend your time and money on. This is a no for me.
I was not able to finish the book what i reviewed keep me  turning i got sick and time i got to be able to read it i was not able to access it but would recommend it

Have you struggled with brain chatter?

Dr. Leonid Altshuler M.D., a board-certified psychiatrist, went through years of misdiagnosis and suffering before he discovered an innate connection between stress, diet and physical and mental health.

On a sunny day, he went to Nepal to have a major mental tune-up after living a hectic life in NY city for a couple of years. His Master Hindu Priest and physician Bishal had opened a meditation retreat for westerners, spending their life imprisoned in cars and endlessly distracting jobs, to teach them walking meditation.
He did not know that this meditation would become the major therapeutic tool he utilizes in the treatment of depression, anxiety and insomnia, especially among patients suffering from being overweight.

This meditation technique is a unique one. He has never heard of it before and, according to his teacher, Master Bishal, it is widely being utilized by the monks living in the Hindu Temples up in the mountains on the border with India. The meditation routine is extremely useful in regard to enabling a quick transition to the critical alpha brain wave pattern, which can remain stable as long as the person is walking and for a period after.

The second part of the book describes the experience one of his patient, who for years was suffering from severe insomnia, not being able to fall asleep because of racing thoughts. He eventually went to the retreat where he was introduced to a unique compassion meditation (described in the story) which helped him to get rid of his insomnia by completely emptying his emotional baggage, a very heavy load, which he was caring in his soul for half a century. If you too want to be free and learn how to declutter your mind, this book is for you.

First of all ... longest book title on the planet --- Brain Chatter Declutters - Unique Nepalese/Tibetan Meditation Techniques // Love the World to Sleep Better: How feeling compassionate can heal severe Insomnia - Tibetan Monk Teaching My Patient's Story --- !!!!

That aside, I do believe that meditation can work for some people but I certainly do not have an hour a day to practice it, much less the later recommended two hours. I think that if you can take the time and do the process in the book and it could help you as meditation is a known help for nerves and insomnia.  Me? I don't have that time or said patience. At all.
This was very interesting as far as it went, but I could have done with it being much longer. I know the author says he writes short books, his reason being that he can get the 'golden grain' across. However, whilst I don't want him to write 400 pages, I really would have liked more advice on how to take the brain chatter decluttering steps. The author talks about his own experiences, which is interesting, but perhaps doesn't offer quite enough guidance to readers. What he does explain very well is the issue of insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome.
As well as general decluttering, the book also looks at how to deal with insomnia that arises from stress.

Useful, but a bit too succinct.
I was given this book to give an honest review, from NetGalley.

A pretty quick read. This book is very informative for those who are starting their inward healing journey. If you read self-helps, then you know what I mean. Mediation is such a huge practice in the world today, and for us Westerners, who are just beginning to learn the benefits of meditation. We are learning that a 10-15 mins. of meditation each day can help reduce anxiety and depression. How meditation can help with insomnia, eating habits, and learning to cope with our busy, stressful lives. Dr. Leonid describes an exercise called the walking meditation, that he learned in Nepal, in which helps his patients clear their minds, while walking (one of the best exercises). When done correctly, the patients are more relaxed and calmer when returning to their normal lives and are able to make better life decisions.

I recommend this book for those who are in constant battle with themselves and want to better themselves, physically and mentally. For those who want to learn techniques on quieting the mind. Mental health is very important, and sometimes we focus more on physical health, forgetting that in order to be our best selves we also have to take care of our mind. I will keep this book forever, knowing that I can always reference it when I find myself stuck in my head and need to declutter my brain chatter.
This is a short book, with some interesting points. It looks at two men, who use meditation to improve their life. This book explains the two different techniques used by theses men, and some of the medical research behind the issues.
I thought this was an ok read, with some interesting nuggets of information.
I'd recommend avoiding this one. Although mercifully short, and although the information in it might well be true, the tone is so awful it makes you doubt you're reading anything other than pseudo-science quackery. And I say that as someone who absolutely believes in meditation as a life-enriching practice that can indeed help with all sorts of medical problems - including, possibly, the ones mentioned here. But "it is known" and "several studies show" is not scientific, even with some random further reading links at the end.

It doesn't help, either, that both of the 'case studies' involve rich men dropping everything at a drop of a hat to spend months in Tibetan meditation retreats. Way to engage your audience, eh?
This book is filled with alot of good tips.  It very useful on how to calm down and meditate, relief stress. It tells how to declutter uour head space as well as you home space, I took alot of notes. Overall its a good book to help with relationships,how to destress.
In just a few minutes, readers of "Brain Chatter Declutters" discover two practices that ease depression, anxiety, insomnia, and obesity as well as related health problems like high blood pressure and diabetes. Dr. Leonid Altshuler describes how walking meditation and compassion are two keys to erasing brain chatter and other illnesses.
Short and sweet, this book is easy to digest yet powerful. It includes information about how our bodies get stuck and how we can relieve these concerns. As a result of reading "Brain Chatter Declutters," I vow to walk more and be more mindful about my daily food and movement decisions.
I recommend this book to anyone who's interested in better health. It also appeals to therapists, patients, avid exercises, Buddhists, and anyone interested in meditation.
Honest and in-depth advice for reaching your full potential.  This advice is presented in easy to follow language that can be broken up and applied in pieces at a time.
This didn’t resonate for me. There are only two “techniques” presented here which are much better explained in many other books on meditation (variations on these ideas, anyway). And, this version of instruction for walking meditation violates the idea of ease in meditation which was the most transformative idea I have found in my personal practice.