Character Carved in Stone

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Jul 2019

This  book is well w"Character  Carved in Stone" by  Pat Williams and  Jim  Denney is a non fiction Christian book.    This  book  is written about  the 12  different  benches at United States Military Academy at West  Point. The   12   benches signify    these  12  character  qualities: compassion, courage, dedication, determination, dignity, discipline, integrity, loyalty, perseverance, responsibility, service, and trust.  The  author writes about a person who attended West Point  who lives out  each one of the    character qualities. The   author  gives  examples  about how the   character quality  is  seen in the person.  The  book is rich in history and  has  wonderful  stories.   The  book challenges us  to have   more of these qualities in our lives. Thank you to the publisher and  netgalley for allowing me to read and review this book. I am not obligated to  write a positive review.ritten and  I highly recommend this book.
(4.5 stars) - concrete inspiration, literally & figuratively

This book is excellent in its concept as well as its structure. Each virtue is first illustrated by a focus on that characteristic of a former West Pointer's life. Then the virtue itself is elaborated upon. It's a very effective approach which my teenage sons appreciated.

It would be a terrific motivational & inspirational help for personal use, but would also be an ideal gift for Confirmations & graduations. I highly recommend it!
I have had the honor and privilege to meet Pat Williams personally. I have tried to read all the books that he has written over the years. So, I was thrilled to be able to read Character Carved in Stone. The book certainly doesn't disappoint

It is a rich treasure of stories about heroes, known and unknown. The book would be worthy to be read if it just contained the stories of West Point graduates and their tremendous leadership in our nation. The stories shared will keep the reader engaged in the book from beginning to end. Williams has done a great job of weaving these stories into the fabric and showing us how the characteristics on the benches at West Point made an impact on the men and women who have come through that academy.

The characteristics are applicable to every walk of life and that is what makes the book so valuable to anyone who is a leader in any capacity. The concepts embodied in the West Point way of leadership translate to every person who aspires to be a good leader. Parents, students, leaders, and followers would benefit from reading this book.

I highly recommend this book because the man who wrote it also embodies many of these characteristics. All of us who seek to be better leaders can learn many things from the qualities of a leader Carved in Stone!.
“Character Carved In Stone” by Pat Williams and Jim Denney is a remarkable book, right on target. On the beautiful campus of the United States Military Academy at West Point, twelve granite benches face the Hudson River, each inscribed with a key leadership virtue: compassion, courage, dedication, determination, dignity, discipline, integrity, loyalty, perseverance, responsibility, service, and trust. These key qualities crucial to victory and success in life remind cadets to cultivate them in their characters. With enthusiastic wisdom and insight, Pat Williams tells of West Point graduates who imbibed these exemplary traits, from the Civil War to the War on Terror. He wisely explains to readers how to develop these twelve absolutely essential virtues in their own lives and careers. This unique book portrays life lessons and principles well worthwhile to live by. We can learn to imbibe the leadership skills and character traits that are the basic foundation of the United States Military Academy. These time-tested values have produced the most outstanding leaders. This inspiring book is a great read, creating a memorable reading experience to lift your spirits sky-high.