We Are All Good People Here

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 20 Aug 2019

I had kind of have a love-hate relationship with the book I love the story concept and the fact the story took place for like 30 years. But weirdly enough I wasn't a fan oh you either of the main characters.  I understand that the book was supposed to show growth of these two women over like 30 years but I it sucks that Eve's storyline ended the way it did.
Are you doomed to repeat your parents’ mistakes? That is the disquieting question lurking in the shadows of Susan Rebecca White’s ambitious fourth novel. Spanning thirty years of American history, the first half of We Are All Good People Here charts the unlikely bond that blooms between Daniella and Eve against the backdrop of the politically-charged 1960s while the second explores the slow corrosion of their friendship in the increasingly conservative 1980s as they grapple with how to best raise their daughters. A chilling reflection on the destructive power of secrets, White has penned a true powerhouse of a story.
We have so many people that grace our lives over the years. It's hard to find that one person that will always be there for you no matter what. Eve and Daniella found that friendship. They found the level of love that wouldn't let them out of each other's lives, even when their roads took separate turns.

This book spans different events and difficulties throughout the two girls lives. Both have similar values at first, but have been brought up very differently all of their lives. Sometimes that one particular difference comes between them more than they would have thought possible.

What's important is whether or not they are there for each other through the different trials that will be faced. Trials that may threaten to tear them apart in the process.

A thought provoking and heartwarming/wrenching book.
Sisterhood of the Traveling Idealogues

Blah.
Epic story of a friendship starting in the sixties at a southern college and ending with their daughters going to college. Interesting immersion in civil rights, women’s rights, discrimination, revolutionaries, choices, rape culture, etc. of any of the given decades. It was just a little flat considering the scope of these women’s relationships.

Wendy Ward
I really enjoyed this historical fiction novel! Especially being a multigenerational family drama - one of my favorite sub-genres! Great characters, dialogue & pacing. I look forward to reading more novels by this author.
I was so excited to be given a copy of this book to review!! I honestly requested it for the amazing cover. I love books about female friendships and those that follow the friends through so many years.  This book did both and I was not disappointed. I loved seeing the ups and downs through the years and the pieces of history in the book. I've seen some reviews talk about one dimensional characters, but I didn't feel that way at all.  I enjoyed the entire book and was sad to finish.
I read this book in two days because I just couldn't put it down!  I have been steering away from historical fiction lately, but this book made me miss it.

Eve and Daniella's friendship spans over decades with its ups and downs and in the midst of very important historical events.  The story was well researched and very entertaining.

I truly believe that we read books at just the right time, and this book had been sitting on my Kindle for months and I just decided to read it even though it was not on my TBR for the month, and it was just what I needed as I am going through a fork in the road with a friendship that is close to my heart.
This was an all-engrossing and educational read.  I was fascinated by the remise and was not disappointed.  The two main characters have a complex relationship and easily found myself rooting for who would seem like the underdog. I recommend to book clubs and readers of women's fiction.
I could not get into this one, DNF at 22%. I found it really hard to like the characters and was a little confused by where the story was going. Sadly, I was not interested enough to finish.
I had a love/hate relationship with this book and reading it was a true roller-coaster for me. There were times that I truly loved this book: the well-developed characters, the descriptions of thought-provoking issues that the American people faced in 1960s to 1990s period, and the beautifully written prose. However, there were also parts of this story that dragged and made it hard for me to continue reading it. Overall, this is a solid historical fiction novel, and many readers will find this book captivating and provocative. I think this was just not the right book for me or rather it was not the best time for me to read it.
Thank you NetGalley, Atria Books, and the author for providing me with an ARC copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
We are all good People Here was an interesting read . Some of the book was enjoyable, some of the book was complicated. I appreciated the concept, just not really my style. Thank you for the ARC!
I had a tough time getting into this book. The characters were not very likable and the story line really drug on. The topic was very relevant for the era but it didn't grab my attention.
Captivating, suspenseful, entertaining novel! This beautiful thriller kept me on the edge of my seat while I was reading it! Would highly recommend to those who enjoy this genre.
This was not a normal book selection for me.  It has good complex characters and story lines.    I was intrigued by characters and all that they went through.
We are all good people here is a wonderful, heartwarming, competitive and complicated relationship between two women who love each other dearly. The relationship between the main characters is so well written, that I could relate it to my own life and relationships. It was so fun to read about their accomplishments, fights, relationships and interpersonal relationships.
What a great book, I highly recommend adding this novel to your must read list!
I really related to this book and I think that it's a theme that is very relevant in today's day and age. Two women in the 60's meet from two seemingly different backgrounds. They could not be more different yet they seem to agree on the injustices happening in the world. I absolutely loved how the book turned out! The cover of the book is also fabulous.
Eeeeeep,
How do I say this?  I’m not a fan.
To be fair, I would have enjoyed this book...had it been two separate books.
It had a lot going on.  A LOT!  I felt overwhelmed by all the social issues. I felt like most were brought into the story for the sake of the issue. The writing was also very disjointed.  I had to stop and think about what time period we were in and which character was speaking. Because of these things, it did not work for me.
This ARC by the publisher was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.
I liked the writing style of this book, its very descriptive.. I do, however, wish the segments from different character's perspectives were more varied in voice.
I don't think Daniella is the most developed or dynamic character, but I did find her an enjoyable protagonist. Eve is described as a woman with strong convictions, whether they're right or wrong. However, her actual characterization is a woman who molds herself to match the various opinions of the men in her life. I liked the daughters, but I wish we had spent more time with them. Side characters are mostly under developed.
I like the plot, thought maybe thats not the right word. The novel has less of a plot, than a series of events and experiences that happen through out Daniella and Eve's lives.
While lacking in characterization, We Are All Good People was an enjoyable read.
I loved this book!  After living in Atlanta for 30 years, this bought back so many places that I remembered.  The author could not had done a better job writing about that period of history in the South.  Kudos!
I liked the premise for this novel but I could not read past the middle - it was not for me.  The characters and their actions were a turn-off and the storyline was too convoluted for me.  The descriptions of actions taken in the book were over the top, unappealing, and just not entertaining - just not a read for me.