Murder in Costa Rica

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Jan 2019

Intriguing

I enjoyed reading MURDER IN COSTA RICA. The author engrossed me in a world and location that made me feel part of the story.

When the police don’t jump fast enough to solve her friend’s murder, Laura doesn’t stand by. While worrying the investigation may have someone stopping it, she still won’t give up. Step in Antonio who wants a honest investigation and Laura.

This novel contained suspense, romance, intrigue and life in a paradise that doesn’t always feel like one. That builds into the well-round story.

Should you read it? Yes!

I received a free copy of the book through NetGalley. The opinions in this review are completely my own.
I love this book, could not put it down.   I also learned a lot.  It felt so real, like I was there.  I highly recommend it.
Tension from the underlying section reaches a full stop with the broad foundation on the predicament of the ocean turtles and I would have gotten a handle on the data better had it been worked into the story as the volunteers accepted their down to earth obligations. Activity did not get again until part 7.

All through the book, full depictions of environment, places, homes, the different towns, were on occasion missing by and large; exp., part 11, Laura perceived the engine bicycle however not by any means its shading was noted for the peruser's advantage.

Antonio's character is trustworthy in spite of the fact that his insightful advancement was shady in this confused, worldwide story until page 163 when he abridged his objectives for the case. Afterward, on page 247, it was confounding when Antonio said his biggest case was shut. I addressed how it could be since the huge capture scenes were the day preceding? I checked on to check whether a bounce ahead on the course of events happened, yet clearly not.

Credit to Laura who figured out how to have intercourse with a few broken ribs at that point laid on her side to talk while inclining her head on her hand, something most with broken ribs can't start to achieve.

With the coming of the "Genuine Story" toward the finish of the book, it's unmistakable this fiction riddle was roused by genuine occasions and I praise the writer's examination. I understand the predicament of the ocean turtles and trust the story merits telling; its movement and setting of scenes frustrated. An update might be something I'd want to peruse in future.
This book is a wonderful quick read! It has all the perfect elements: a great beach setting, heart pumping mystery to keep you guessing, and a handsome man interested in our main character. How could you not read it??
The resume of the story sounded good - environmental protection for, and of, nesting turtles versus the locals collecting their eggs in order to make money to survive plus a second string bringing in drug related crimes, distribution and so on, all set in Costa Rica. To start we had very brief descriptions of the main characters but with a lot of stilted dialogue which felt more like a script for an average to poor movie. There were odd sections with an immense amount of detail, for example the life history of the turtles, and that felt like a wiki entry rather than part of the book as well as  moving swiftly back to plain dialogue. The story got darker with the murder of one of the environmentalists and general harassment of the others by the various drug dealers and we did start to get some context inserted. Too little too late to rescue the book though. The romance between an environmental volunteer and the "good" policemen was teenage I'm afraid especially as the lady concerned was apparently an adult divorcee. Still, it was a first novel and the story had potential, just not achieved for me.

I thank NetGalley and the publisher for a free copy in return for an honest review.
My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon in Costa Rica which promoted me to request a copy of this book. The cover also intrigued me with its bright colors and great scene. That being said I would like to leave an honest and objective review. The story was hard to follow at times and character development was lacking. I think the idea behind the story or the story being told was good. It was fun reliving our vacation through this book (the places not the story in the book of course) and I think many readers who have visited Costa Rica will feel the same.