A Bodyguard For The Princess

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Apr 2019

What an exciting, fun read! It was equal parts sexy and cool. The narrative hummed along and kept me turning pages.
I loved this book. The romance is well written and the characters seem real. It was quite the page turner that I literally could not put down.
A Bodyguard For The Princess is a mystery romcom style story. The premise is charming and fun. It's a light easy read, and it's entertaining. The characters are likeable and the story moves quickly. Just a cute overall read. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Sexy, fast, fun and so dang entertaining for me. I read this book twice and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time I read it.
The attractive cover for the eBook caught my attention first of all.   Then the author's name and then the book blurb drew me in.  So since I had wanted to read this book for a while when the opportunity came I grabbed it.

This was a quick, fun, light story.  Well, it was until more people started getting injured or the fear of their wondering who was "next" kicked in.  And the first body happened early in the book.  As usual I had my own "suspect" lined up.  But no, the twists at the end showed me how wrong I was.  Still I did enjoy the journey.

The people in the college dorms all had their own stories, which filled out the book.   I wouldn't say that the
innocent people in the book had really deep stories but we do see what happens in their lives two years later.  The Epilogue connected a lot of dots about that.

A somewhat predictable H.E.A. for Chloe and Jason. But I think the revelation of the who and why of the killer makes up for it.  Didn't see that one coming.

“I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book through Netgalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
A BODYGUARD TO THE PRINCESS.   by Mona Risks
Chloe is studying for her master’s degree at Harvard, going incognito. Her brother hires an undercover cop, staying at the co-ed dorm, taking same classes.For her without bodyguards, she meets and befriends some. Till she gets a letter in the mailbox showing who she really was. Monday morning scream wakes her up. Was it a suicide, knowing no more jogging at night. Still wasn’t sure the guy she seen last night wasn’t a stalker,  though he is in her class today. Good setting at Harvard, the characters trying to find themselves, as was Chloe. Can be read alone, and a good one by author to read. Given ARC by Net Galley for my voluntary review and my honest opinion
This book has a "Chasing Liberty" premise, which was a movie I loved, but Chloe leaves a lot to be desired as a well-rounded character. She wants independence and is very careful about what she tells people and what situations she put herself in but in reality, she puts herself in a lot of bad situations, with bad people! I wanted to like Jason, but it seems unbelievable that she would enlist his charge in trying to solve a murder instead of just protecting her or telling the people who hired him.
I received an arc from NetGalley and this is my honest opinion. This was a great suspense book and Jason and Chloe are two pretty fierce detectives trying to figure out who was behind the murder and and tragedies.

The only thing that bothered me was she was too close to Ian for my liking when she truly had feelings for Jason.