My Little Secret

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 09 Apr 2019

This was my first read by this author. It was a good read that I recieved thru Netgalley. There were times that the suspense had me on my toes. I did wish it had more romance or drama. This one I will consider a YA read eventhough talk about drugs and gang life. The author didn't describe it explicitly. I love how the author ended the book was a beautiful happy ending.
3.5 stars. My Little Secret is the story of bad boy Ash and good girl Ryan. Ash isn’t all that bad, he’s just a victim of crappy circumstances and doing the best with what he has been given. Ryan has grown up sheltered and privileged. Her life is turned upside down after her father is sent to prison.

The flow of the book was a bit off to me. It was a little slow in the middle, but yet the chemistry felt rushed. There is an air of mystery through the whole book that surprised me when it was resolved. The ending was action packed and enjoyed that everything came full circle.
Love this author. If you can get use to the Irish dialect that is employed then your in for a roller coaster of a read that talks of choices and the paths we take as the good girl falls for the bad boy and trouble ensues.
Fantastic read for romance fans.
L.A. Casey is a hit or miss author for me. I have really loved several of her books, but this one felt like it was trying too hard.  The story was told, but I did not feel any chemistry between the characters.  Sadly, I only made it half way through the book and then lost interest.
I’m a huge fan of LA Casey and love all her words and this story was no different. I have to admit that I did find the beginning slow to start and almost, almost put it down but I’m so happy I didn’t. I actually ended up really enjoying this read and would recommend. Thank you.
I’m a huge fan of LA Casey’s Slater Brothers series, and Until Harry made me cry a bucket load, I was quite eager to read My Little Secret.   Full of action, drama, secrets, romance and suspense I was intrigued by these characters and their story.

I thoroughly enjoyed Ash and Ryan’s story.  Ash is a bad boy, but a survivor.  He was recruited to a Dublin gang as a teen, determined to provide for his younger brother and desperate to give him a better life, he sees no other option or escape.

Ryan’s father is in prison, and her life has done a drastic one eighty.  She was raised in the lap of luxury, home schooled in a small country town.  With her fathers incarceration she moves in with her aunt and cousin in a rougher part of Dublin.

This pair are inexplicably drawn to each other, despite their different backgrounds.  I enjoyed their witty, fun and flirtatious banter and the honesty they have with each other.

Although the ending was a tad rushed, the twists and turns were surprising and kept me completely captivated.  I highly recommend this title if you enjoy a slow burn romance, and I will be eager for more of LA Casey’s work in the future.
Opposites attract in this one. It was refreshing to see that Ryan liked Ash for who he was...even if she was warned to stay away. The thing about bad men is that they love too: family, friends and their woman. Ash wasn't all that bad. He just had no choice to do what was asked of him and Ryan could relate to that. This book made me think. I liked it.
I received an ARC from Netgalley for this wonderful book. I cant say enough good things about this book. I giggled, I blushed, I LOL"d. This was a perfect mix or romance, comedy and a good story line. I did have to adjust to reading in an accent but I got over that right away and couldnt put it down. Its a must read. Any story where the bad boy finds love with the good girl is thumbs up to me
A slow start had me wondering if I was going to finish this book but I ended up enjoying it once it started to grow a little. I wasn't a fan of all the irish slang as I didn't understand alot of it and I felt it was a little rushed in parts. But overall I found it enjoyable.
This is the first book by this author that I've read and it definitely won't be the last. This is a sweet sexy romance story. The characters were really well written and the story line was fantastic. This story will keep you reading long into the night. This story has you looking for answers all the way through but by the end they all will be answered. I can't wait to read more from this author in the future.

Highly recommended

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
I was very excited about reading this book based on the blurb, but unfortunately I could not get into the story. I think this is one of those book you either love or just don't want to finish. I fall in the latter. Thank you for the ARC, all opinions are my own.
My Little Secret was an okay read. I usually love this author’s work but there was just something missing this time.
My Little Secret is super cute with a touch of sass. The slow burn had me shook for most the book but when the sparks flew it turned me on!
This was different from the usual LA Casey style. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, I did, but it didn't have that 'feeling' I get from reading her other books. Or it could be that I'm still waiting for her next Alien book :P
Beautiful characters that were perfect and interesting to read about

I liked the ending it’s was amazing
when I first saw this book I was really looking forward to reading it. But unfortunately I couldn’t get to grips with it. It just wasn’t the one for me. I’m not saying it’s a bad book, but I really struggled to stay interested in the story, I wasn’t invested in the characters, this may be  one of those books that’s kinda like marmite, you either love it or you don’t. A lot of people do love it, so whilst I didn’t enjoy the book this time, I may consider rereading in the future because opinions can change as life changes
I didn't think that I would love this book as much as I ended up loving it. It was a lot of fun, and I appreciated the relationship between all the characters, it was really well done and realistic. The chemistry between Ryan and Ash was fantastic, they had time to develop a relationship and grow.
The first 70-off percent was brilliant, but I had some issues with how the ending wrapped up, it was a little too convenient for me. I personally would've liked a different ending and that disappointed me.
So did I enjoyed reading this book yes it was funny and with ok characters. It just that I had a feeling the book is more for a younger audience. The whole story about the gang and everything it was not solid or too much believable. But Ash and Ry had a cute little relationship, there are funny things in the book and there are some steamy scenes. The story starts as a big tragedy but in the ends, everything ends so perfectly and too sweet.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for Netgelly
eArc provided in exchange for an honest review.

Unfortunately, I was not able to complete this book. I could not get into the plot and the characters did not interest me. I hope to try something else from L.A. Casey in the near future. I feel like this will be a book that is either hit or miss for people. I encourage everyone to read a few reviews before making your decision on whether or not this book will be for you.

Unfortunately, NetGalley is going to require me to give a star rating. Please do not pay attention to this as I do not feel it is fair for me to give a star rating when I DNF'd the work.
***3,5 "Are ye' goin' to cry, princess???" stars***

"Whatever ye've heard about me, I'm sure I'm far worse..."

Well, another one book by Mrs. Casey's pen came to an end...
Honestly, it wasn't as bad as the most reviews are saying... I did enjoy and this story... But i think that it was lacking something... more!!! And the action had taken a while to be unfolded!!!
The first 40% of the book could be characterized as a little boring because of the too much inner talking of the characters, but the author was trying to connect the dots in a way...
Yep, this story wasn't the best, even though it had the potentials to be, but still i liked it!!!

"We're Disciples, no one fucks with us."

Ryan's life changed the past year dramatically... Her only friend and parental figure is behind bars and all her world is crumbling down... Now, she is forced in a way to leave the countryside and her childhood home and to go in Dublin to live with some distant relatives!!!! An aunt and a cousin with whom is in odds!!!
Even though this transition is really hard for her, she is really trying to adjust in this new life...
And then, Ashley Dunne is coming into her life... A man that she was warned off him!!!

"I still had to get to know him, but I believed that he was a good man. My heart believed he was."

Ashley is a boy for the start... Bahaha... As Ryan is a girl... Okay???
Well, Ash is a bad boy and a gang member... He has a very bad reputation, but the truth is that i didn't see the evil inside of him... Ash seemed very good to me... But he had got himself in trouble in a very early age...
At the present, he was raising alone his brother, he was working his ass off and the only other person who meant something for him except his brother, was his best friend Anto!!!
Oh, and lately someone was after him...

"I had to keep him in line; I couldn't let him turn out like me. I just couldn't."

Well, when Ashley and Ryan met each other, everything changed in their lives...
Ash was pushing and at first, Ryan was pulling away... But then, things went down differently...
They became each other's strength, but the problems around them were too many and they were chasing them down...
Will they manage to be together at the end, when they are opposites in every way???

"Leave me alone."
"No."
"Why not?"
"I have no fuckin' clue, nightmare."

Well, as i told you above, i think that the book was lacking in some aspects... I won't get into details, but something was missing... Some kind of spark, even though the potentials were all around the story...
Ryan was a lovely girl, a little bit too protected and she was hurt by the situation that her father was in...
Ashley didn't seem like the bad guy that everyone were saying that he was... I liked him very much from the beginning!!!
Those two together were... good!!! In the beginning, i liked them very much, but then something was missing, i think!!!

"He was who he was, and I was who I was. I came from a law-abiding family... Could I just ignore that and see what could happen with Ash? Was that even possible? Did I want it to be?" {Ryan}

"You're too good to get involved with me, babe. You're fuckin' perfect." {Ashley}

Oh!!! And of course, i liked very much mouthy Eddi and hillarious and crazy Ando... They were so perfect in their way!!! Bahahaha...
And for the end, that said little secret had nothing to do with the couple, as i used to think in the beginning... It was something entirely different...

"For as long as I lived, it would always be my little secret..."

***ARC kindly provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review***