Omniverse: Book I of the Omniverse Chronicles

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Jul 2019

Unfortunately, I was unable to really get into this book because formatting issues of the galley rendered the paragraphs difficult to read. Sentences were broken up in odd places which did not help the story flow the way the author intended. I appreciate the good versus evil tale, but was unable to get into the story or connect with the characters.
This was a superior piece of hokum. A rattling good yarn full of ups and downs and uncomplicated fun. I enjoyed the characters, and they certainly were characters and the fast pace of the story kept me turning the pages to the end. A splendid way to relax, switch off and enjoy the show.
I did not get far in this book.  I had difficulty with connecting.  The cover and description were enticing but I found the writing overly ponderous.  I couldn't get to the point there was too much stuff to wade through.
First thing first-I'm not sure I would actually categorize this as scifi..... even though it's scifi? I've had to read a few reviews on here to wrap my head around what I had read; I agree with other reviews stating that this is a soft space opera. I think I would enjoy this more on a second read, knowing what to actually expect out of it. That being said, I'll be keeping an eye out for what the author writes in the future, as I quite enjoyed the writing style.
I’ve really tried to read this book but no matter how hard I try I just can’t grasp it at all, whether that’s down to the author or just merely not being for myself I just cannot carryon reading this book.
The front cover and blurb really captured my attention because of their beauty but even on the first page I was just purely confused and felt so forced reading the few chapters that I did.
This may sound strange but it felt like too many words were used to describe everything, I just couldn’t understand or imagine how everything was.

I’m giving it two stars because you can tell the author has put in a lot of effort and they deserve that credit and recognition, maybe this book wasn’t for me.
The title was intriguing.
The cover photo - inviting.
The story was something that was very hard to get into and finish. Good vs evil. This time the book run flat for me and I barely finished it.
It was a disappointment.
I loved this author's writing but I couldn't fully immerse myself in the story because I just wasn't...interested. Two stars because the author put some hard work into it and deserves recognition.
First off, the blurb and the cover (what can I say I guess I do somewhat judge a book by the cover) of this book caught me right away; but sadly it didn't live up to expectations.  Overly flowery and descriptive wordage made it very hard to follow from the prologue (I love the classics so I'm not afraid of big words and synonyms) and it just keep getting distracting having to go back over a sentence to make sure you understood it correctly once you got through reading it.  The plot felt more like a space odyssey/opera than sci-fi/fantasy.  The author kept changing which name he would use (first or last, which was annoying).
I kept putting this book down half-dozen times by the time I got to chapter 6 and had to push to get through. It's not a book for everyone and I'm upset that the blurb draws you in falsely to this Dr. Who-like world of characters and you have no idea which incarnation of Dr. Who your on it what is really going on. It's all very confusing.
**I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review.**
This book sounded interesting from the blurb and the cover is beautiful...but the good ends there.

I almost decided to put this book down after reading the prologue. The author uses a lot of extra words that I felt were unnecessary to convey the message. It's almost like the author just wanted a higher word count.

The story doesn't get much better after that. There were many times that I felt I should just stop. It was confusing when the author would refer to the main character by his first name and then immediately refer to him by his surname.

The story had potential with the main character having dreams about parallel universes with strange creatures and the fighting of good vs. evil for the omniverse. Unfortunately the author took an idea that could have been an incredible adventure to read and just poorly executed on the writing.
After reading the prologue I nearly gave up on this book. As the author used lots of big and flowery words in sentences that just didn’t make any sense to me.

One I started to read the chapters it started to make much more sense, but one big bugbear is that the author keeps calling the main character by his first name and in the next sentence he’s using his surname it gets a bit confusing and distracting and it doesn’t make fluid reading to me. He also does that with the other characters in the book too.

I really didn’t enjoy this book at all, and nearly gave up on it daily.  It seemed so long winded to get to the point and the true action at the end of the book which is the only part of the book I enjoyed.

I like the concept of the book, about a man who starts to have vivid dreams about parallel universes, with strange creatures and fighting good over the evil that is trying to take over not just our world but the omniverse. Along with interesting characters that help him as he thinks he’s going crazy.  It had so much potential.  Also the cover of the book made be expect so much more.

Sadly I can only give 1 star, as the way it was written was a big let down.  It took me 10 days to read it, which is a long time for me especially for the amount of pages
Omnivers is a very enjoyable book.   The book had a fresh take on magic and the universe.   Grace did a great job developing plot.  It's a book you do not put down once you start.  I look forward to the next in series.
Another story of Good vs Evil. This one was pretty well executed. I like the complexity of the main character, and liked the author's writing style. Lots of secondary characters add to the variety and interest in the story. Kudos to the creative plot and good dialog. Recommended.

I really appreciate the ARC for review!
The blurb for this book sound really good. The cover is beautiful. Then I read the epilogue and I was confused from the start. It sounded like a chess game! I tried to read this book, I really did, I read 8 chapters after the epilogue and the confusion didn't clear up. I really had no clear picture of what was happening or where the story was heading. I felt continuing to read the book would be a waste of my time. Disappointed