Cover Image: Arrow’s Fall

Arrow’s Fall

What an adventure story!  Jared and Danny both have a lot of bad stuff in their backgrounds (alcohol, prison, and so on) but both thought they had a second chance when Jared inherited Arrow, a boat nicer than the ones he used as a fisherman.  They've decided to go treasure hunting but the Great Sea Reef is not an easy place - and there's evil lurking out there in the Golden Dragon, skippered by an ex-Marine who is, let's face it, a pirate.  Lord Barclay Summers is swine, the Dragon's crew dreadful, and you'll find yourself rooting for the smaller and less well equipped Arrow.  The characters are good, the plot well done, and it's a fast, entertaining read.  Thanks to the publisher for the ARC.  This would make a good movie!
4 stars

I read the Kindle edition.

This is a great novel. There is action, intrigue and excitement as Danny and Jared sail the beautiful – and dangerous – waters of the Great Sea Reef.

I enjoyed this book. I have no idea why, but I have always liked to read seagoing adventures. (Maybe because I am a Pisces and I love being in the water.) Mr. Scott did not fail to include interesting descriptions of the sailboat on which Jared and Danny traveled. Some were technical terms that I did not quite understand, but got the meaning from the context of the book.   Joel Scott is a competent write who can turn a phrase to make it thrilling. I liked the descriptions of the beautiful scenery and Sinbad was a hoot.

I want to thank NetGalley and ECW Press for forwarding to me a copy of this good book for me to read, enjoy and review.