Her Closest Friend

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 05 Mar 2019

Dark mystery that sucks you into a different place. A nightmare where no one wants to be. Good read. Can’t put it down. Wondering where it’s going to go And which way to turn
I LOVED this book!! It really lived up to the hype and I can't recommend it enough! The cover is so appealing and as the story between the two old friends unravels (albeit it slowly at points) I love the way it shows differnt versions of the same events, and that how two people can remember things differently. It certainly questions "life lomg" friendships and how far you should go for the ones you love, even if it is a completely toxic friendship based on one big secret.
Definitely a twisted thriller and a must read for anyone who loves a dark and truly disturbing read.
A good story about a toxic friendship and what it does mentally, emotionally, and physically to not just themselves but to everyone around them. Quite a dark and twisted read.
Sophie and Naomi meet at Exeter University and something awful happens, but they are still friends 20 years later.  This sounded like a book I’d really love to read, but instead it was the opposite.  Don’t know who was worse out of the pair of them as they were both irritating beyond endurance.  There was also far too much itching and scratching going on!  If this was a library book I wouldn’t even have finished it.  Wish I hadn’t as I have a dog exactly like Harley.  I think this is one of those books you either love or hate and I sadly fall into the second category.
A great page turner with pace and tension that kept me turning the pages until the end. Thanks to NG and the publisher for the advance copy,
I had high hopes for this book but found myself disliking the characters and so I was unable to really connect with them. The back and forth passive-aggressiveness just put everything over the top, which perhaps was the point, but instead of still being pulled into the book I couldn’t ever really get engaged.
Dark, disturbing story about a toxic friendship going back years.  Two very believable characters and a gripping plot. A good read
An enjoyable book to read, dark in places and the twist at the end I dis not see coming! Naomi and Sophie were very interesting characters, although I feel like there could have been more build up and life injected into the rest of their familys.
I’m sorry but this one was not for me. The main characters are both unlikeable and the plot is dark, disturbing and left a bad taste. I’ve read another book by this other and loved it, so I will watch for future books but this one just missed the mark for me. Thank you publisher and netgalley for this arc in exchange of an honest review.
Sophie and Naomi have been best friends from the day that they met at university. They are now both married with children but their lives are very different. Naomi is happily married, a successful wine blogger and with two lovely girls. Sophie’s husband has just announced he is leaving her for a younger woman, their only son is disturbed and not happy, Sophie does not have a happy life.
Who is to blame for what is doing wrong in Sophie’s life?Does it all date back to what happened on the night of the accident? Should Naomi share the burden of what happened?
A good read with many twists and turns which kept me wanting to read on to find out how matters would be resolved.
Thanks to NetGalley for a Kindle copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Lots of twists in this book and it did make me consider how far you should trust a friend. With friends like these ...........................
I was unsure about this after the first few chapters, but I am glad I kept going. It gets really engrossing about a third of the way in, and it has a solid twist at the end!
That old chestnut, the secret between friends from years ago.  How close shoud you keeo your friends and how much to trust them? read this and find out!
I have to admit I did skip through rather a lot of pages because whilst I wanted to know what happened I wasn’t particularly taken with how’ve all the angst between Sophie and Naomi. Dramatic ending but characters not very likeable.
This is a gripping thriller that is an easy and enjoyable read. The characters will quickly draw you in and the plot is well developed.
Clare Boyd has managed to produce another cracking read and I’ll by reading more of her books in future.
I like books about friendships whether good or bad because I have experienced both. This book takes toxic friendships to a darker level. Through Naomi and Sophie, we experience co-dependence turn to obsession.

Naomi and Sophie have been besties since their days in Uni. Now they are in their 40s, they are wives and moms but their lives are far from being the same. One is full of contentment and the other is falling apart. When your life is falling apart, one of the people you need most is your bestie, right? But what if your bestie is busy with her career and family and doesn’t give you much attention?

This was one hell of a twisty ride. It took time to get into the story and the first chapters had me wondering if I’d enjoy the book. I felt like not much was happening and then boom! The cracks in the friendship became apparent and the darkness started seeping out. I was hooked from then on. I wanted to know how far the characters would go. I was also curious about secrets from the past.

There are moments when both women frustrated me and I wanted to shake them but I still couldn’t look away from the mess they called friendship. I also feel like Sophie and Naomi were the only developed characters but that didn’t prevent me from enjoying this book.

With unlikable characters, a dark plot and some secrets along the way, this book ended up being more entertaining than I thought it would be. It made me question the friendships that I have and also think back to ones that I have lost. I also like that one of the women in the story was a blogger. Her blogging predicament was so relatable, I can’t imagine what I would have done if that ever happened to me especially knowing just how attached I am to my blog.
Best friends are what life is all about.  They have your back, in good and bad.  But after this book I've reconsidered my friendship list.... because with friends like these who needs enemies.
Thrilling, gripping from beginning to end.
This book is twisted.
This shocking tale is dark, shocking and addictive and I couldn’t put it down as I just wanted to read more.
The ending of this book is out of this world
An amazing book which captivated me from beginning to end
wow! what an amazing read! tons of twists and turns and full of suspense. held my attention right from the first page to the last page. just when I think I have figured out what is going to happen I am proved wrong. can't wait for more from this amazing author!
This book was a thrill ride and not what I was expecting at all!!! I loved the troubled character of Sophie and I look forward to more from this author!

Thank you to NetGalley for my ARC in exchange for an honest review.