Timo the Adventurer

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 05 Mar 2019

Oh man, I am hooked.  And just when it was getting good it left us off on an epic cliffhanger!  The illustrations are fun and the world is magically unique with everything from a pirate-looking girl to llama-looking animals, to a giant talking bear, and whatever Broof is (a giant talking red panda?)  So much mystery Timo discovers on his travels, although he comes off as very arrogant and uneducated (considering he read every book in his village and sure knows nothing of the outside world - not even bug's names!)  I do hope one of these creatures finally puts him in his place...lol. Can't wait to read the rest of Timo's adventures!
Cute from start to the cliffhanger end.
From the art to the script, this adventure graphic novel leaves you following this quest wanting just to stay a bit longer in the easiness and adorableness that is and follows Timo the Adventurer!
A light-hearted adventure that will surely entertain children and make them laugh. The artwork is incredible. I feel the book can target a wider (and older) audience if the dialogues are a wee bit more refined and if the presentation of the plot is made more mature. But I cannot say much about the plot as this book ends in a cliffhanger. But so far, this book has been an interesting read.
I loved this charming and delightful graphic novel. It reminded me of the adventure books that I used to read - ‘The Goonies’, in particular. The artist, Yohan Sacrés’ illustrations were very strong and the use of colour was most appealing. I may well buy this great storybook, written by Jonathan Garnier, for my friend’s young son.

Thank you to NetGalley and Europe Comics for the complimentary ARC. This is my honest and totally voluntary opinion.
I sadly didn't get a chance to finish Timo the Adventurer but the bit I did read was whimsically wonderful!

All book-lovers dream of pursing adventures of their own and young Timo bravely takes that leap and finds himself venturing into a new world which before he'd only ever read about. But will Timo fulfill his wish and become a true hero worth reading about? There's only one way to find out...
I just love cute graphic novels and this was what I needed.

I adore books that go on a journey or a quest because I can always be on that journey with them. Timo decides to leave home alone and believes he knows how to survive. I loved Timo and really liked Broof, the creature he meets.

I also liked the art style, it was very unique.
What a fun story with beautiful illustrations :) I am looking forward for the next book! Thank you for the chance to review it, NetGalley!
This was a fun story with really beautiful artwork. It felt like it ended a little suddenly, so I am looking forward to reading the next book.
Really adorable artwork. Fun, relatable characters. I really enjoyed this story and look forward to more Timo adventures in the future.
I haven't read a graphic novel in a long time, but the artwork in this middle-grade graphic novel is so adorable. 💛 I loved the fact that Timo was a bookworm who told stories to every other kid in the village. I also enjoyed that Timo, after reading every single book in the village, decided to live is own adventures, even after realizing that he isn't very heroic.

The journal he writes with illustrations and facts about his adventures is a highlight. He draws and names every single creature he meets along his way - his thoughts on Broof are so funny .

All in all, I just couldn't stop reading this. And, the CHIFFHANGER?! I need part two, like, NOW!
FIrst, Thanks to Netgalley for sending me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.  Beautiful artwork, engaging story, relate-able characters.  I can't wait to share this with our Junior crowd. Definitely purchasing for our library!
The art was super fun and whimsical. The story itself was interesting enough to keep me turning pages.
Following a boy named Timo in his first 'real adventure', you get to discover a strange new world along side him. His journal entries are a nice touch and it's amusing to see how his view of the world is different than how things actually are.
The bits of foreshadowing are very interesting and make me want to keep my eye out for the next book.
Imaginative and playful, Timo the Adventurer is a sweet read about a studious yet impatient young boy with a thirst for adventure, wanting nothing more than to explore the world beyond the village he was born and raised in. The simple, soft illustrative style is appealing to young schoolchildren and the rich language is a great way to challenge comprehension skills and increase vocabulary. Timo’s stubborn and curious nature draws the reader into the fantastical world of the comic, every page bringing fascinating new creatures and friends to meet. My children enjoyed joining Timo as he starts his adventure and are excited to find out where Part 2 of the story will lead.
This book is incredibly visually appealing. There's a lot of motion in the illustrations. It's a cartoony style - big heads and eyes on small bodies and a lot of round shapes. Its well together and the reader's eyes move effortlessly across the page. The plot has the feel of Over the Garden Hedge - Standard adventure with and undertone of weird. Most of all it's fun.
Really cute graphic novel about a boy named Timo who has read every single book in his village, so he decides to set out on his own adventure. The art is adorable and I expect the story would be very appealing to kids. My favorite part was the glimpses into Timo's journal sprinkled throughout the book. The entries were charming and funny.
This is a cute, lighthearted graphic novel that I think will turn out a little more serious in coming books. Timo is a young boy who has read all of the books in his village, and so he decides to go on a real adventure and write about his journeys and who he meets along the way.  This starts off funny and lighthearted after he leaves home. Timo seems to believe that he knows more than enough to survive in the wild, but he's a little too dense to realize that he doesn't have the experience needed to survive all alone. He ends up meeting Broof, a sarcastic, big, fluffy creature that has a secret past. It's at this point that the story takes a turn. I really enjoyed this book and I hope to read more about Timo the Adventurer in the near future. My only complaint is that the book ended too quickly, it didn't seem like the logical place to end it.

Thanks to Netgalley for an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Lovely art style and story.
Especially love the fact you get his little journal entries and drawings - can imagine how lovely these look in a physical form of the book.
Some of the story/speaking felt a little simple, however it didn't really bother me too much due to the art style and character designs.
I am grateful to have had the experience to read this adorable comic.

This left itself on a cliff-hanger and I can't wait to read the next one! The characters were fun, and quirky and a unique story was told. I was very satisfied with this comic.

Thanks SO much for the advance read!
This is a lovely little comic about Timo.

He loves reading but unfortunately, he managed to read every book that exists so he decides to go on his own adventure.

I enjoyed this comic, especially after Broof makes an appearance. But it was a little on the shirt side for me.

I'll definitely be picking up the next one though because that cliffhanger had me checking for more pages!