Cover Image: The Wedding Party

The Wedding Party

Another great book from Jasmine Guillory. She introduces new characters and brings back some much beloved characters in The Wedding Party. Maddie is Alexa's best friend (The Wedding Date). Theo is Alexa's most trusted co-worker. With Alexa's wedding coming up, both Maddie and Theo are party of the wedding party. The problem is that Maddie and Theo can't stand each other. However, opposites attract in Guillory's third novel.
The gang is back and I love a good enemies-to-lovers story, but I had a hard time connecting the characters in this one.  The friendship between the ladies is awesome, though, so I was able to rate this 3 stars.
Another terrific installment from Jasmine Guillory! I loved the hate-to-love relationship and as always, Guillory writes the perfect, satisfying love story. I love Guillory's books because the stakes are never TOO high, but there's still enough drama to keep you invested. When it comes to THE WEDDING PARTY, I think Theo is my favorite romantic hero in Guillory's books yet, he's smart, funny, and good-looking, and he's a perfect match for uptight Maddie. All in all, a terrific rom-com from the queen of contemporary rom-coms.
Meh. This book was just okay. It didn't give me any great feelings or any bad. I didn't particularly feel like reading when I wasn't and was in no hurry to finish it - except to get to the next book.
Ok, the only reason this isn't a five star book and is a four star one is because, as with all of the contemporary romance I have been reading recently, the language contains words of the four-letter variety and the copious pre-marital sex.  It's not described, but you know it's there, so maybe PG-13 if it was a movie.

I know, I know, if I want "clean" books, I should read either the religious-based ones or those that are marketed as clean, but as a manager at an independent bookstore, I feel it is part of my job to read a little of everything so I can make better suggestions to my customers.

That being said, this book was so well written, I will most definitely recommend it to our romance readers at the store, unless they are 100% for clean romances, as this wouldn't fit that criteria.

It does, however, fit most every other one I value.

1) EXCELLENT writing
2) characters aren't TSTL, though there is some lack of communication to move things along, it didn't drag me out of the story at all, but it was realistic.  It's HARD to confess what you think and feel, it's HARD to make yourself that vulnerable.  I'm starting to get it and it was a realistic amount of angst, not OTT.
3) the plot made sense and I enjoy the enemies-to secret lovers trope.
4) this is a series, so the secondary characters have their own books or will do so and these MCs will make cameos in the future books, which is AWESOME and I need to run out and get the first two books in this series now.
5) diversity in characters, always appreciated.
6) STRONG female characters who are realistically portrayed.

Honestly, this is more 4.5 stars, rounded down for the language and pre-marital activity, but that's due to my personal preference than a neg on the book. 4, if not for those two things, stars.  HIGHLY recommended.

I will hands-down read anything this author puts out and will most definitely do my part to get her books into the hands of the romance readers at my store.  I really enjoyed this one and am glad that I requested it and was approved to read it.

My thanks to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing Group for an eARC copy of this book to read and review.
I loved this enemies to lovers story of Maddie and Theo in this book and all of the sneaking around while preparing for Alexa’s wedding. Thank you for the advanced reader copy.
Jasmine Guillory has a  charming voice and her characters have fun chemistry.  Enemies to lovers rom com.
FULL REVIEW ON FRESH FICTION
THE WEDDING PARTY by Jasmine Guillory is a cute contemporary romance. Guillory’s breezy writing style makes this a quick read, great for easy summer reading. Maddie and Theo were prominent side characters in The Wedding Date, and now their shared best friend, Alexa, is getting married. Even though Alexa is their friend, it isn’t until Alexa asks them to be in her wedding party, Maddie as a bridesmaid and Theo as a bridesman, that these two actually get to know one another. Both spend a lot of the novel making assumptions about how the other will react, which begins on a vain level, but eventually turns to new and surprising depths as the novel progresses.

As fun and flirty as THE WEDDING PARTY is, the two lead characters spend a lot of the novel avoiding the obvious - that they actually like each other, and the argument that they are doing this despite themselves, or because of Alexa’s feelings, was a convenient but unbelievable excuse for these smart and savvy characters. On the other hand, there are two side plots involving Maddie’s work as a stylist and Theo’s job with the mayor that added depth to the characters but also didn’t quite mesh in with the rest of the story. It should also be noted that some of this story runs concurrently with events of The Wedding Date, and there are often jumps in time, which affected the pacing of the novel, especially in the beginning. Nonetheless, THE WEDDING PARTY will be enjoyed by readers looking for a sexy and entertaining story.
My favorite in this series. Two characters I love and an interesting negotiation of their relationship.
Jasmine Guillory delivers with her signature heart-warming romance style, featuring laugh-out-loud scenes and characters that make you want to be their best friends.
Jasmine Guillroy consistently delivers enjoyable reads. What is particularly enjoyable about her novels is that the protagonists not only fall in love, but they grow as characters and develop into better people because of one another. Her novels are always my relationship goals.
REVIEWED BY SUNNY

I enjoyed the third installment of this series. I enjoyed the preparation for Alexa and Drew’s wedding, but more so loved the enemies to lovers story for Maddie and Theo. They both were going through a lot in life and I enjoyed the quiet life they were spending together. Even though there were some repeated elements to the story, I enjoyed their tale.
i enjoyed this book, but it has been a long while since i have read this, and i do very much apologize for that. but this one just wasn't that enjoyable for me, even though i did somewhat enjoy it.
This book was SO FUN! This series continues to bring me laughs and sighs and STEAM.  One of my favorite romance troupes is a secret relationship and this one was so well done and fun to read.  I love how the transition from enemies to secret lovers happened for Theo and Maddie and how surprised they were by it.  Lots of hook ups and near misses kept it engaging and I really enjoyed getting to know both Theo and Maddie.  Maddie is so strong and I appreciate how she stands up for herself to Theo's sometimes abrupt or even rude manner.  I love how Theo was not who he seemed to be at first. The ending was really well done and another really fun romance in this series.
Maddie and Theo are Alexa's best friends, but they just can't seem to get along. Theo can't help but say the wrong thing every time Maddie is around, leading Maddie to think he's a stuck-up, pretentious jerk. When Alexa asks both to be in her bridal party, they have to figure out a way to get along for the foreseeable future. "Getting along", though, turns into hooking up every opportunity they get. For some reason, Maddie and Theo are inexplicably attracted to each other, but they vow to keep this secret romance on the DL in order to keep the pressure off of each other and to keep everyone else from planning their wedding next. This is just supposed to be a light, easy fling -- so why can't they seem to get enough of each other? And once they really get to know the other person, will they be able to let go once the wedding is over?

The Wedding Party is a quick read that's light on drama and has plenty of adorable moments readers will enjoy. Guillory's fans will also appreciate the tie-in to her first book, The Wedding Date -- this book takes place during the same timeline but from the best friends' POV as they hide their secret hook-ups from everyone they know. Carlos and Nik from Guillory's The Proposal also make a quick appearance, helping to tie all three books together. The Wedding Proposal is a fun, light story that's easy to binge-read!
This author never disappoints. She writes sexy rom coms really well. Laugh out loud funny in some parts and she also manages to give the characters will gravitas and problems. The supporting characters in each book are just as well dome as the main ones and I always wonder what characters will get their happy ending next? Who knew that one meet cute in an elevator could bring so many love matches? The author has created a really wonderful world of characters that I never want to leave.
Another fantastic contemporary romance from Jasmie Guillory. This was a delightful enemies to lovers tale between a best man and maid of honor who are forced to work together and discover that the things they thought drove them crazy about the other - might be doing so in a good way!
Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book. Unfortunately, this story wasn't for me and I wasn't able to finish. I look forward to future titles.
Special thanks to Berkley for providing our copy of The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory in exchange for an honest & fair review.

The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory is a sweet & sexy romp between enemies to lovers. Set it against a backdrop of a friend's wedding & it's such a blast!

A while back I read The Wedding Date & really enjoyed it. While I loved Carlos from The Proposal, I had a harder time connecting with the romance. Well, it's safe to say that Jasmine hooks me with The Wedding Party.

Even though I have the paperback version, I opted for the audio. I LOVED it! The narration is so good. Also, maybe it's just me but The Wedding Party felt a bit more open door than Jasmine's other books. I love that. Give me all the steam.

THE VERDICT

I am Really Into This book! The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory is sexy, sultry & an enjoyable romance. I can't wait to read Royal Holiday!
Very sweet, but I did not enjoy as much as the wedding date. I didn't feel as invested in the characters, and the plot did not have enough to draw me in. I still love this author - this one just wasn't for me!