Good Juju

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 27 May 2019

An excellent book for the novice or adept seeking information on spiritual energy work.  A detailed description is given for the Afro-American, Haitian, and Santeria traditions. Must have addition to your library.
I have been such a fan of Najah Lightfoot for so long, so I was absolutely thrilled to hear about Good Juju. And oh my gosh, it was so worth the wait!! What an incredibly lovely book. Being new to this path that I find myself on, I devoured her wisdom, took copious notes and highlighted whole pages. I felt as though we were sitting across from each other, me expressing my fears and questions; her offering me reassurance, encouragement and coaching. This book will be one that I read multiple times and reference constantly. What a treasure it is to have Najah Lightfoot by my side. A definite recommend!
(Sorry for possible mistakes in English writing)
After reading of "Paganism in Depth" (which is also good book but at moments little "unfriendly") I found that this book Good Juju was pleasent surprise! It was almost as this book told me "Welcome back to good old magic" but this time all basics are covered in one fun and interesting way, to read and explore. Also rituals are powerful. For ex. that working in the morning is very nicely presented and will give you amazing boost throughout the day and night. Then you will know what is magic all about. And as author told you that you can live magical life I will say that also this book is magical. Thanks for reading and thanks to Llewellyn and Net Galley for allowing me to review this book.
This book was a little more magical than I had planned on... I enjoyed the read through the powers of nature in the healing process and, of course, I wish I could fall in to this way of thinking, but I cannot. I wish everyone the best of what this book promise to connect you with, but it just wasn't for me
Description: Learn to better express your spirituality, follow your inner compass, and build up your magical practice with this book's powerful spells, rituals, and tools. Designed to help you navigate whatever ups and downs life throws your way, Good Juju is your perfect choice for learning to embrace nature, the old ways, and the magic all around you.

Using simple magikal practices that don't interfere with any religions, Good Juju helps you lay a foundation for daily ritual practice. You'll also learn how to craft mojos, create and work with altars, tune in to your intuition, and much more. Author Najah Lightfoot guides you in keeping your mind, body, and spirit strong as you discover your magical work and align with your high power. #netgalley #bookreview #bookstagram #selfhelp #magocal #nature #najahlightfoot #goodjuju
This book is definitely more focused on general occult practices and voodoo and hoodoo. However, I think that anyone in the new age/occult practices can find things that are easily adapted to their own personal needs and plenty of great information. The rituals included are easy to follow and impactful and I think this book's information is very easily personalized for anyone interested in new things in their practice.