Tell No One

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 May 2019

This is a great book for sports enthusiasts who love a family drama suspense. Two stories intertwine together... Caroline searches for the father who abandoned her, to make his sister, her dying aunt happy.  While she is looking for Hoff, her father, the book also tells the story from the point of Harris. Harris has a big secret and idolized Hoff... will his secret come out in the open? Lots of suspense, family drama and scandal. It could have used some more character development and been a bit shorter.

Thank you to NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed the storyline of this book, a daughter looking for her father after 30 years and the secrets long hidden.
The characters were good and the story was jam packed with the lives of the main characters, but not enough to take you away from Carolines search to found Hoff.
This was a great read for curling up on a cold Autumn night!
Thank you netgalley.
Thank you Netgalley for this ARC of Tell No One by Barbara Taylor Sissel.

This book started out fairly strong, unfortunately I just could not keep interest in it.  I felt like it was all wind up, no action.  I tried listening and reading and I only made it halfway through before losing interest.
This is such a hard review to write, but I just couldn't give this more stars. It was slow throughout, with too much of a focus on character development and not enough on plot. The ending alone made it lose a star or maybe even two for me. Not only had I already figured it out, but the thoughts of the main character Caroline were so frustrating when she figured out the truth. Maybe if I had connected to the characters more I might have liked this better. Looks like quite a few other readers enjoyed it, but it was not for me. Thank you to the publisher for an advance copy.
The characters held my attention. The storyline was long. It took me awhile to get into this story. So many levels I had trouble following  who was to ‘tell no one’  Maybe that is what some readers liked.
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.

This was another first time read from said author and I absolutely enjoyed the way it was put together. Two stories that end up coming together easily and well.

I also thoroughly enjoyed this read greatly.
Tell No One by Barbara Taylor Sissel was the first book I have read from this author.  This book combined a little bit of everything. So many different issues that at times it was a little hard to keep up with it all.  For anyone who enjoys a good family drama/mystery that isn’t overly predictable I would recommend reading.
I received a free e-copy of Tell No One by Barbara Taylor Sissel from NetGalley for my honest review.
I was very intrigued by the intersecting stories in this book.  Two different stories the weave themselves together as the story unfolds.  I liked the way that the author portrayed the concept that those we put on a pedestal, have farther to fall.  She also did a good job of delving into the subject of drug addiction.  A good read.
Sissel does it again and I think it's her best yey.  Layers of secrets, lies and more secrets and lies that you hope will intersect... This book, like her others, is an unputdownable thrilling whirlwind of domestic greatness.
I thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book. This author was new to me and I was not let down. It was a great story and very well written. The characters were easy to relate to and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend this to everyone!!
I really wanted to like this book but I just really couldn't get into it. I only read about a qua6way through and then skimmed the rest.
There was a LOT going on in this book.  I wish some of the issues presented had been trimmed down - it became overwhelming and took away from the characters' development.  A decent ending that I didn't completely see coming.
A missing person, secrets, family drama.  This book employs many elements and kept me turning the pages. I liked the fact that the author described her characters to a greater extent as it helped me to connect easily with them.
Many thanks to Lake Union Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Tell No One was a mesmerizing novel!  I enjoyed the way the story depicted the characters' conflicts in their lives that included their strained relationships in marriages and other family dynamics. Caroline lost her father when she was younger when he remarried. The story starts with her searching for him in the present time, mostly so he can be reunited with his sick sister. At the same time Caroline is having issues with her husband. As she searches for her father, she will find out secrets from the past which will shock her. The characters lives throughout the story will become more tied together as everything spirals out of control.
This was a pretty good story but I think it was much longer than it needed to be.  There wasn't a lot of intrigue to the mystery and I found the ending to be fairly predictable.  I've read one other book by this author and although the writing in this book was better, it still wasn't great writing.  The epilogue is quite possibly the longest epilogue I've ever read and that only added to my feeling that the story was too wordy.  I received a free copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review but I ended up listening to the audiobook version since it was free with kindle unlimited.  If I had read instead of listened, I would have probably skimmed through some of the slower parts.
Tell No One by Barbara Taylor Sisse: many lives woven together to paint one compelling story. The layers keep coming until the very end where it all gold together. Good read.
One of my new favorite books! This author has such a way with words the pages flew by in no time! I can’t wait to see the next work by this author! This was such a joy to read!
I could not get into this book. I found it very drawn out. A conversation that could have happened in one or two pages took five. I was interested in the plot but struggled to read the book.
"Tell No One" was an outstanding read in which I was drawn into an intricate web of family secrets, abandonment, and deception.

The story was told from two points of view - Caroline's and Harris'. Caroline was looking for her father who disappeared thirty years earlier. Harris was a trusted coach and mentor who was caught up in something that could destroy everything and everyone he loves. Barbara Taylor Sissel created some fabulous characters for this novel and I couldn't help but be emotionally involved in their struggles and their demons. With a superb plot and great pacing, I devoured this wonderful book.

I have another new author to add to my ever-growing list of favourites.

I received a complimentary digital copy of this novel, at my own request, from Lake Union Publishing via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
New author for me but pleasantly surprised. Thank you for the approval and look forward to a book relationship with other reads in the future,