Two of Hearts

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 07 Mar 2019

When I requested this novel I was into the ideal of reading this novel but shorty after I have lost interest in the concept. I believe that it would benefit your book more if I did not skim your book and write a rushed review. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for taking the time to provide me an ARC of this novel.
Greta and Cassady had been roommates at Talbot College. Along with Avery and the rest of the bridesmaids , they’d been a tight knit group of friends for years. Now only Avery  and Cassady weren’t married. Which explained why they were sitting at the bar together. While guests waited for Greta and her new husband to clean the cake off their faces so the dancing could begin. Cassady couldn’t see herself getting married. Cassady worked full time at her mother’s quilt shop-Quilt Therapy- since she had graduated from college. That was five years now. It was hard to say when she had started working at the shop as she and her sisters had grown up there. It was a family business. She said “ there was a fire earlier this summer and we had to move to a new location. Mom needed the help right now.” The summer had been rough salewise. Cassady said she was thinking of going back to school to get her MBA. She liked working with her mother and sisters. Although she did want to see the world, meet new people, all the good stuff. She had a bucket list of places and things she wanted to see and do and the bucket list grew longer every year. Matt was at the hotel bar. Dave a guy he’d met six days ago at the nearby Fire training Academy asked him if he was okay. Matt was in Texas for a week long seminar and today was the last day and everyone was out to celebrate. It had been a long week. And Matt wanted to go back to his hotel room and sleep after a couple of beers. He had a flight early the next morning. Matt said he recognized a woman from back home and she’s an ice princess and dave said to introduce her to him if it was her if not they both could introduce themselves. Chatting up women used to be Matt’s favorite pastime.  But lately, nothing engaged his enthusiasm. Cassady thought Matt was hot but he was also St. caroline’s resident playboy and ladies man.  Matt’s mother had passed away from ovarian cancer the month before and his older brother’s-Oliver-  wife-Serena- lay comatose in a hospital bed from a car accident. Matt saw as they got closer it was Cassady Trevor who was forever off limits to Matt. All the Trevor sisters were. She would shut down Dave’s advances like nobody’s business. Cassady said hi and asked Matt what he was doing there and he said training at the fire academy nearby since he was taking over some of Oliver’s duties while he’s on a leave of absence. Than Cassady asked how Serena was and he said the same. Than Matt asked what she was doing there and she said a college roommate had gotten married today. Than Matt introduced Dave who was a fireman from Kansas City. Matt said he was leaving the morning and Cassady said she was renting a car and checking out some quilt shops to steal some new ideas to take back to her mother. Being a firefighter was what it meant to be a Wolfe. People tended not to take matt seriously most of the time. He did like women and having a good time. Generally speaking he could have any pretty thing he wanted as long as she wasn’t a Trevor. Oliver/Ollie asked Matt when he stopped at the hospital the next day  to chair the next Winter festival as he had agreed to do it back in the spring. Ollie had already asked the Chamber id his brother could take his place. Also Matt had done ninety percent of the work on the fireman's carnival last spring . The Chamber did say they would find a co-chair to help Matt.  Cassady and her sister Natalie shared an apartment near Talbot College. Natalie had a far more active social life than Cassady.  Cassady was the Trevor family worrywart. Than her mother told her after she got back home that she had volunteered her to co-chair for the  Chamber Of Commerce Winter Festival. Her mother added someone had to help matt Wolfe . lauren and Cassady were identical twins and when Cassady was at the bar after the wedding Lauren called and interrupted Dave’s flirtation with her and cassady git away from him. Cassady and Lauren had always had a weird sixth sense about what was going on with the other. Cassady had a natural gift for planning and organising and she did have a business degree. Matt had been attracted to Cassady and had a thing for her for a long time but he knew he could do nothing about it as she was a trevor. Matt and Cassady starting getting closer as while they worked together on the festival . than Matt suggested friends with benefits and Cassady was okay with that idea.
I really liked this book. I loved how Matt stepped up for Ollie . I loved Cassady and Matt together and how they interacted. I really liked that family really mattered to both Matt and Cassady. I enjoyed this plot. This did drag a little for me at times. I loved that the author brought in Matt- a main character- having ADHD and how they author handled it. I really liked you got to see cassady’s growth throughout the book.  I loved Matt was helping Cassady through some of her issues. I choked up at times while reading this book. I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this book and I recommend it..
I enjoyed the small town atmosphere of this book but the slow pace of this book not so delightful. The constant butting in from family members was extra annoying, these characters are adults and should be able to think and act for themselves however that’s not the case in this book. It was just a slow moving book and really hard storyline to get into without being annoyed.
A wonderful romance!  Love the main characters and their families.  Lots going on but with large families that's to be expected.  I really enjoyed the way the author let us into Matt's handling of ADHD.  It was very interesting and very realistic.  Will definitely be adding this author to my list of favorites.
I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher and voluntarily chose to review it.
I love stories about friends turning to love and Two of Hearts is such a sweet, lovely story!

Many thanks to NetGalley, the author, and the publisher for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
First of all, I LOVED the cover!

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I love the "friends with benefits" trope, how they start to develop feelings for each other, and then turn the relationship into something more. I liked how it was done in this book, it was heartfelt, and really good written. I especially liked the main characters, they felt so real and honest.
I recommend it!
Two of Hearts is a lovely book with a hero who has ADHD.  I enjoyed  reading about the relationships and how they grew.  Thus a  very sweet story and a quick read.
Two Of Hearts is a standalone in the St.Caroline Series. You don't have to read all the previous books to understand what goes on in this one.
I loved this story from the beginning, the way Matt's Cassidy's relationship developed throughout the book was really really interesting.
It was probably also the way it was written, and the two main characters' personality: Cassidy feels like she can't 'abandon' her family's business, Matt has never thought about doing something different beside being a firefighter, which has always been in Wolfe boys' blood since they were younger. In a way, the two of them have something in common, being tied to their family.
What really fascinated me in this book was Matt and, weird enough, his ADHD, which is somehow really present in the book. I have read other books with characters affected by ADHD but it has never had a huge role like it has in this book and I really liked it, not only because it's a disorder which really is ever-present in a person affected by it, but because it makes us more aware of what goes on in Matt's brain very often. It gives Matt's character lots of deepness. It broke my heart to read he thinks less of him compared to his brother, and I felt angry when Cassidy's mum tried to separate them, because she thinks less of them in terms of being a couple.
Cassidy was that kind of character that I can relate so much to. She is the 'low maintenance' child and in a way she felt obligated to help her family's business. She would love to travel, but she feels like she can't do it, always because of her family's business. She feels tied to home and yet she would love to go away and live a life far and far away from home. I loved the way she grows throughout the book. At the beginning she looked like a stiff ice queen, but then when we start to understand and get to know her we can see how far different she is. She is that woman who hasn't met love yet, she doesn't feel rushing either. I loved her attitude and her way of thinking. Her way of giving the bird to her mother's thought about getting closer to Matt.
Anyway, it was a cute and lighthearted read and it makes me think about how many people are so much brave to go on with their life and to open themselves to love even after losing so much. This book gives us the proof that even though life is short and everything can happen in a matter of seconds, love is worth it.

*Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Enjoyed. A fun friends to lovers novel. Highly enjoyable. I will definitely pick up more books by this author.
I loved watching the interplay of this couple and how they were so burdened by the expectations of others.  Watching them blossom into something special was encouraging and my patrons who love a good romance will devour this one.  I can't wait to add the rest of the series!
4.5 stars.
“Two of Hearts” is an enthralling story featuring a superbly well-written and well-characterized hero with ADHD.
The way Julia Gabriel shows the world from Matt Wolfe’s perspective, highlighting his difficulties with focusing and having a linear train of thought, is amazing.
The humor the author infuses in the narrative is great too, creating some hilarious moments where we are shown, in a rather matter-of-fact and often funny way, how a person with this condition can have trouble, for example, following a conversation or paying attention to details.
Matt Wolfe is a larger than life character; an incorrigible flirt, charming and a bit cocky, people (and himself) tend “not to take him seriously most of the time”. His relative lack of self-confidence or the way he deprecates himself coexist with the cockiness, creating an irresistible mix.
And the way “St. Caroline’s resident playboy and ladie’s man” is infatuated with Cassidy is endearing and makes him even more lovable. (His usual greeting of “Hey there, Cass” was adorable).
I also loved that Matt isn’t that tall, the slow build-up of the romance (yet, I found the reason for their non dating a bit feeble) and the fact that sex doesn’t come easily to Cassidy, breaking another stereotype in romance fiction and making the heroine much more human.
This story is a keeper, for sure, and its hero a refreshing detour from the usual wounded type.
I received an arc from NetGalley and this is my honest opinion. This was a heartfelt romance and I would definitely recommend this series.
Family friends who try having a casual relationship. Find they have deeper feelings. A quick good read.