Two of Hearts

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 07 Mar 2019

I love stories about friends turning to love and Two of Hearts is such a sweet, lovely story!

Many thanks to NetGalley, the author, and the publisher for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
First of all, I LOVED the cover!

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I love the "friends with benefits" trope, how they start to develop feelings for each other, and then turn the relationship into something more. I liked how it was done in this book, it was heartfelt, and really good written. I especially liked the main characters, they felt so real and honest.
I recommend it!
Two of Hearts is a lovely book with a hero who has ADHD.  I enjoyed  reading about the relationships and how they grew.  Thus a  very sweet story and a quick read.
Two Of Hearts is a standalone in the St.Caroline Series. You don't have to read all the previous books to understand what goes on in this one.
I loved this story from the beginning, the way Matt's Cassidy's relationship developed throughout the book was really really interesting.
It was probably also the way it was written, and the two main characters' personality: Cassidy feels like she can't 'abandon' her family's business, Matt has never thought about doing something different beside being a firefighter, which has always been in Wolfe boys' blood since they were younger. In a way, the two of them have something in common, being tied to their family.
What really fascinated me in this book was Matt and, weird enough, his ADHD, which is somehow really present in the book. I have read other books with characters affected by ADHD but it has never had a huge role like it has in this book and I really liked it, not only because it's a disorder which really is ever-present in a person affected by it, but because it makes us more aware of what goes on in Matt's brain very often. It gives Matt's character lots of deepness. It broke my heart to read he thinks less of him compared to his brother, and I felt angry when Cassidy's mum tried to separate them, because she thinks less of them in terms of being a couple.
Cassidy was that kind of character that I can relate so much to. She is the 'low maintenance' child and in a way she felt obligated to help her family's business. She would love to travel, but she feels like she can't do it, always because of her family's business. She feels tied to home and yet she would love to go away and live a life far and far away from home. I loved the way she grows throughout the book. At the beginning she looked like a stiff ice queen, but then when we start to understand and get to know her we can see how far different she is. She is that woman who hasn't met love yet, she doesn't feel rushing either. I loved her attitude and her way of thinking. Her way of giving the bird to her mother's thought about getting closer to Matt.
Anyway, it was a cute and lighthearted read and it makes me think about how many people are so much brave to go on with their life and to open themselves to love even after losing so much. This book gives us the proof that even though life is short and everything can happen in a matter of seconds, love is worth it.

*Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Enjoyed. A fun friends to lovers novel. Highly enjoyable. I will definitely pick up more books by this author.
I loved watching the interplay of this couple and how they were so burdened by the expectations of others.  Watching them blossom into something special was encouraging and my patrons who love a good romance will devour this one.  I can't wait to add the rest of the series!
4.5 stars.
“Two of Hearts” is an enthralling story featuring a superbly well-written and well-characterized hero with ADHD.
The way Julia Gabriel shows the world from Matt Wolfe’s perspective, highlighting his difficulties with focusing and having a linear train of thought, is amazing.
The humor the author infuses in the narrative is great too, creating some hilarious moments where we are shown, in a rather matter-of-fact and often funny way, how a person with this condition can have trouble, for example, following a conversation or paying attention to details.
Matt Wolfe is a larger than life character; an incorrigible flirt, charming and a bit cocky, people (and himself) tend “not to take him seriously most of the time”. His relative lack of self-confidence or the way he deprecates himself coexist with the cockiness, creating an irresistible mix.
And the way “St. Caroline’s resident playboy and ladie’s man” is infatuated with Cassidy is endearing and makes him even more lovable. (His usual greeting of “Hey there, Cass” was adorable).
I also loved that Matt isn’t that tall, the slow build-up of the romance (yet, I found the reason for their non dating a bit feeble) and the fact that sex doesn’t come easily to Cassidy, breaking another stereotype in romance fiction and making the heroine much more human.
This story is a keeper, for sure, and its hero a refreshing detour from the usual wounded type.
I received an arc from NetGalley and this is my honest opinion. This was a heartfelt romance and I would definitely recommend this series.
Family friends who try having a casual relationship. Find they have deeper feelings. A quick good read.