oh no

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 20 Mar 2019

This graphic novel is a collection of humorous comics about the daily adventures of a pink blob.
The comics were funny but the repetition of the “oh no” punchline got old quickly. It would have been better if the punchline appeared every two or three pages or so, instead of appearing in every single one.
If you want to read some comics from this author, check out his social media (my preferred one is instagram).
Thanks to the publishers for sharing this one. It was a lot of fun. My full review appears on Weekend Notes.

Meh just about sums it up. Some webcomics shouldn't be printed and this is probably one of them. It was instantly forgettable.
A cute running gag comic. I think people who enjoy comic strips would like this one most. Very clever and cute.
This book is a collection of “humorous strips”. Why did I leave quotes there? Because this book is the same joke over and over again. And by joke I mean a normal situation that’s mildly inconvenient followed by “oh no”.

There were lots of moments in which there wasn’t even a need to add the running gag, it was only there because the book needs it to be there or else the book itself wouldn’t make sense.

It’s needless to say that you should give this book a hard pass.

Rating: 2 stars
After seeing a handful of the single comics floating around the internet, I found myself wanting to read more. After seeing this collection pop up on NetGalley, I knew I had to get my hands on a copy. A very simple, very repetitive, and VERY funny comic strip. The simplicity, and repetitiveness make this book a perfect addition to your coffee table collection. I can certainly see this being a great gift for numerous occasions. I will definitely be recommending this collection!

A huge thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for sending me a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I truly appreciate it!
Most of these comics are hilariously relatable – but I think I've also seen the funnier ones on the Facebook / Instagram page. But I appreciate the simple but nuanced art style that kinda packs a lot of depth into seemingly one-dimensional comics.

Thanks to Andrews McMeel Publishing on Netgalley for the e-arc of this comic book!
It's so silly that it's funny.
As yeah I  ultimately laughed reading it , I'll definitely recommend it.
This was a lot of fun.  It is so simplistic but manages to say and get its point across every time.  It makes fun of the world and it’s self.  And it’s concept that every strip ends in “Oh No” works well.   Normally I wouldn’t have picked up something like this, but I am glad I did.  There were some strips by book friends are going to love.
Well, this isn't my cup of tea. Actually, I thnk that the author is just a troll with this book:

(not so) proof of my believe

There's s few strips that I enjoy, but mstly is relatable jokes that are way to simple to enjoy it.

A digital copy of this book was provided by NetGalley
I thought this was a cute read, not the best I’ve read but it was funny and adorable. Sometimes you need that.
Oh no by Alex Norris is a selection of comics. I found the comics to be repetitive and often boring. Not for me.
Alex Norris' Oh no collects some of the gag comics you may have seen pop up on your twitter feed about a pink blob whose life is never going to plan. It's consistent art-wise – there's only so inconsistent you could get when all of your characters are different coloured blobs – but the quality of the jokes varied for me. Some of them were quite meta, such calling out the fact that there is only one punchline in the entire comic, which mostly left me cold (you know how sometimes you see someone make a joke, but it feels like it's trying to pre-empt you critising them? That's what those felt like., but there were some that were quite relatable in their "oh no". I would DEFINITELY keep this "I have finished a book. Oh no." comic as a good summary of my life, is what I'm saying here.

My suggestion is to check out , and then you can decide whether a consistent punchline is worth you getting the book for! You won't get all the book's material – I think that there's supposed to be a lot of new stuff in here? But you can at least decide whether or not the sad pink blob is worth your time! I think this is another one that I'd probably get out of the library rather than buying for myself.

[This review is based on an ARC from Netgalley.]
Quite possibly the best book for a pessimist in your life who wants validation, this book just didn't quite do it for me.  I know, I know, it's pointed out really early that if you don't get a running gag, you just haven't experienced it enough times to make it funny...but I just couldn't keep going with it.  Pretty simplistic comments, again good for the right niche, I'm just not in that niche.
This was fun. The author makes it clear early on that there is only one joke in the book. Armed with that information, the reader can then flip through the book and explore all the ways that the joke can play out. This book was a nice little sorbet of a read, giving me exactly the break and light humor that I wanted.
Oh, no is what I said when I started reading this. There isn't really any jokes here. It's just a pink blob that makes observations and says "Oh no". It was really quite dumb.
oh no by Alex Norris is a free NetGalley e-comicbook that I read in early April.

Per the title, the pink blobby man is prone to responding ‘Oh no’ when speaking with other blobby figures and things (i.e. inanimate objects) about and in response to various topics, like love, personal wants and desires, and day to day activities.
This is a dream come true for me! I am a huge fan of Alex Norris and this book & his new comics were so much fun :) But I if you are already acquainted with his style and catchphrase 'oh no', you would enjoy it more. So my recommendation would be to check is Instagram to decide if this book is for you or not.
Simple, but impactful. I had fun reading this comic and I giggled quite a lot. And yes, the content was relatable. Oh no.
I remember first seeing these comics around the internet years ago, always enjoying them despite them being short, so when I saw this as an arc to request, I immediately had to do it.

And I'm happy to say it doesn't disappoint. Although you can say it's repetitive, it's still enjoyable and relatable. I had fun going through the different comics and saying, "Oh wow, that's me." That little blob became someone I could relate to and laugh with, even if some of the laughs were more self-deprecating (in a good way.)