Secrets of Willow House (Sandy Cove Book 1)

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 27 Mar 2019

Lovely cover that drew me to the book. The book was lovely. A feel good read perfect for this time of year lazing on holiday or in the garden. It was easy to read and well written. Great read
Thanks to NetGalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
A very good read and one I can highly recommend to others.
Thoroughly enjoyable.
I love every book set in Ireland. I can’t help it. This book is fantastic and so sweet and full of heart. It was amazing and I can’t wait to continue on in the series!!!
This is a contemporary romance that many women will be able to relate to.
The setting of this book made me even more enjoyable
I enjoyed this story that is book 1 in the Sandy Cove series.  It sounds like a perfect getaway for anyone including Maeve McKenna who is on the verge of a breakdown coping with her job as an interior designer. She decides to return home to Ireland and visit her Aunt Philomena Duffy who has recently lost her husband.  Together they decide to save the old sprawling mansion and bring it back to glory. As they work they discover the family secret that could change their lives forever.  This story has developed a great setting and possibilities for the next book in the series. Hopefully many more.  I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Secrets of Willow House was a charming type of read set in beautiful Ireland. It follows the story of Maeve, an interior designer in London. When the stresses of work and life begin taking a toll on Maeve and her health, she takes some much needed time off of work for a vacation. Maeve ends up visiting her Aunt Philomena in Willow House. It was very nostalgic and full of memories, as Maeve spent much time there growing up. Aunt Philomena is dealing with the loss of her husband, Joe.
Before long, Maeve finds herself wrapped up in a trail of secrets, twists, and surprises. There is also some romance in this story too. I don't want to say too much more because I don't want to giveaway the plot to any readers!
I really liked the setting of this story! It was my favorite part of this book. Not only did I love the idea of Willow House, but the book really brought Ireland to life on the pages. Definitely makes you want to visit as you read!
I finished this pretty quickly and overall enjoyed this story and how it had such an uplifting feel to it.
This book would be perfect for a happy and feel-good read for the beach or even a rainy day. It's a story of hope, love, and finding new purposes and directions in your life.
I really enjoyed the descriptions of a heroine suffering burnout and I enjoyed reading her recovery as she finds a second chance at love.

Many thanks to NetGalley, the author, and the publisher for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
Secrets of Willow House by author Susanne O’Leary was delightful! Maeve is a very successful interior designer who works long hours for a very demanding boss. She loves her job, so it doesn’t seem to be a problem until she hits burn-out. Maeve is suffering from exhaustion and needs a vacation. She decides to visit her sister in Ireland and then go to a childhood refuge in Sandy Cove. Willow House will be waiting for her along with her much loved Aunt Phil. He Uncle Joe died the previous year and Maeve knows it is time to go back and spend a couple of weeks with her grieving aunt. There is a bit of mystery thrown into the story along with some romance. Secrets of Willow House has the perfect mix of angst, mystery, love and family drama to make this a wonderful book.

Sweet novel about family ties and second chances at love and life.
This is such a charming book that is well written I absolutely fell in live with it from page one ! It is the perfect afternoon read with a glass of Iced Tea outside in your beach chair.
Secrets of Willow House is the first book in a new series by Susanne O’Leary. Interior designer Maeve McKenna is living and working in  Dublin as a top level designer in a busy design firm. She becomes exhausted and under doctors orders to get some rest.  Maeve goes to Sandy Cove Ireland on the coast to visit her Aunt Philomean where she spent time as a child.
As she stays and gets to know her widowed Aunt she try's to bring life back to her Aunt's life .  Maeve soon finds herself feeling happy again and loving her new life in Ireland She falls in love with the coast, helping her Aunt and the village people. .

This book has a multitude of magnificent designed location descriptions characters, excellent plot, and a  sweet story, that is heartwarming and kind to read.  I do highly recommend it. Thank you to Net Galley and to the publisher for the ARC. My opinion is my own.
What a pretty cover!! Refreshing setting too. It’s not often I pick up a book to find that it’s set in Ireland! Makes a nice change if I’m honest!

This is definitely a feel good, uplifting, empowering novel. Granted the storyline isn’t overly complex or romantically one of a kind, but the fact that it had that cosy type of warmth to it, made me enjoy it all the more.

I thought the concept of daydreams and a character reaching for the stars to have a life they have wanted for a long time, was brilliantly written. At a time where our own futures are rocky due to politics and such, I loved being able to live vicariously through the characters, namely Maeve, in this book.

A lovely, warming novel to cosy up in bed with.
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book, but I ended up thoroughly enjoying it.  I loved the main characters right away and wanted to keep reading to see what was going to happen to them.  It was a very light read but kept you wanting more. I look forward to more books in this series!
This book was a lovely chick lit kind of read, with an Irish twist, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Maeve is an interior designer in London and although she loves her job, she finds herself burnt out. Her aunt Phil lives in Willow House, a beautiful house that is past its prime, in a small village in Ireland. Maeve takes a break to visit her aunt and whilst she is there, a family secret comes to light. On top of that, Maeve has to figure out what her heart wants, which is never a simple matter.

I found that this novel just flowed, the way that good novels do. I enjoyed the descriptions of Ireland and the many bits of Irish that the book contained as well. I liked the main characters too and all in all, I spent a lovely couple of hours just relaxing and reading.

4.5 stars from me.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture.
Although this book was exactly what it promised to be, heartwarming and sweet, it was still lacking for me. I liked the premise of the story and loved the setting of Ireland but I got so bogged down in the overly detailed writing that I just couldn’t get past it and it made it difficult for me to read. I love quirky main characters and Maeve fits that, but her OCD tendencies were more annoying than quirky. I also didn’t like the love triangle angle of the story. I did like the supporting characters and the general plot line. I don’t think this book was a good fit for me but I think many others will really like it.
This past year or so has been the year I fell in love with light reading. Since majoring in English in college, I had developed this silly notion that light reading was somehow less than, and not for smart people. However, after long days teaching and dealing with “the real world” (another phrase I hate), light reading is just what makes me happy. This book was an example of that. It reminded me of my vacation to Ireland last year in this long stretch before spring break, and it put a smile on my face more than a few times. Here’s to doing you when you read! 🙌🏽 #youreadyou

PS- I think a lot of the denigration of light reading has to do with the misogyny behind denigrating “women’s fiction” and the romance genre 😤
Secrets of Willow House by Susanne O'Leary is the first book in the Sandy Cove series. This book is utterly delightful in every sense of the word. Be prepared to be swept up in this story and these characters. I ready to go to Sandy Cove, Ireland myself.  I recommend this book.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and the publisher.  Thank you.
I recieved this via Netgalley and give it my honest feed Back.
A fantastic read, from start to finish I was hooked in! Can not wait for the next one!
An uplifting novel full of friendship, secrets and twists of the heart. Sandy Cove really is the place to escape to. This novel is well written and flows beautifully, a joy to read!
Secrets of Willow House by Susanne O’Leary is a contemporary romance that unfortunately a lot of ladies may relate to. Who hasn’t felt a bit stressed and overworked in their lives? Who hasn’t let those relationships with various family slip away as there just doesn’t seem to be enough time for everything?

When Maeve begins to feel rundown and overworked she makes a trip to the doctor only to be told she needs a holiday now or her health may be in danger. Working in interior design Maeve has clients contacting her at all hours with demands and a boss that won’t turn any new business away so she’s not at all surprised with the news.

Perhaps it’s coincidence or maybe it’s fate but just as Maeve’s planning to travel back to I Ireland to rest and relax she gets a call from her aunt Philomena asking for help and knowing it’s been far too long she happily agrees. Maeve quickly finds herself feeling at home being where she grew up and what she and her aunt find surprise them both.

Secrets of Willow House was a charming little read that while I did not grow up in such a lovely setting I did relate  with Maeve being so stressed and needing to reconnect with family and this side of the story is just as charming as adding in a bit of romance. The lovely seaside Irish setting just made this one all the more relaxing and enjoyable to read too.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley.
I loved this story and am now ready to go visit the folks in Sandy Cove.  What a great place to spend your summers growing up.  Do you have a favorite Aunt or Uncle?  I did.  What a special relationship Maeve and Phil have.  How much fun would it be to visit with “The Old Birds”?  Those ladies are a hoot!  I loved the characters in this story and enjoyed learning their stories.  We had heartbreak, healing, growing, and decisions that had to be made.   I hope there is another story so I can keep with Maeve, Paschal, Phil, Oliver, “The Old Birds” and the rest of the Sandy Cove residents and friends.  I hope you enjoy this story as much as I did.  I received this book from NetGalley, but my opinion is my own.
Maeve is an up and coming overworked interior designer in London whose health has brought her in desperate need of some rest and relaxation.  Her Doctor orders her to take an immediate vacation warning her of dire consequences should she not.  While contemplating what type of vacation to take, she receives a call from her beloved recently widowed Aunt Phil in Sandy Cove off the coast of ireland to help her solve a mystery left behind by her late husband ,  Having grown up in ireland with summers spent in Sandy Cove, Maeve feels this is the perfect time for a visit.  What she finds about her return is more then she could have imagined.

This is a lovely romantic read for those who dream of a quieter pace of life.  I enjoyed the author's descriptions of Sandy Cove and the delightful characters of this community.  I rate this read 3.5/5 stars.

Thank you to #Bookouture and #Netgalley for the DIGITAL Advance Reader Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.