Isle of Savages

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

1 star

Oh, this book is too disjointed and I didn't care for any of the characters. Sorry, it is not for me.

I want to thank NetGalley and MuseItUp Publishing for forwarding to me a copy of this book for me to read and review.
Very rushed? Can't relate to the characters. The MC seems to find women to be lesser than men? I don't know, can't get into it.
Quick paced (a little too quick), we land right in the middle of this disjointed tale. We follow Mia, Keri, and Eric who have been washed up on a mysterious island following and ate attempted mutiny on their vessel. A ruthless  Cap’n and his ‘dog’ are in hot pursuit......will they catch them up? Something unseen is chasing all of them.
Unfortunately Briar writes with a misogynist attitude - ‘
you’ll be serving me because that’s how it works in primitive society. The man always comes first. Didn’t you pay attention in history class?’
Just one of the references in the book I could choose from.
I feel the characters were underdeveloped, lacking any depth, making it hard to attach a bond to them. I also didn’t understand the plot? This felt like a book that needed much more development. Sadly I DNF this book, and would not recommend.
Thank you to Netgalley, Briar, and muscletup Publishing for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
ISLE OF SAVAGES is a fast-paced adventure story filled with shipwrecks, savages, human traffickers and teenagers.  While it is action-packed, I felt like ISLE OF SAVAGES was closer to a screenplay than a novel.  The reader is dropped into the middle of the story, which is a good thing - it's exciting, but Briar doesn't do a good job of fleshing out the characters' backstories enough for us to care about them.  Without the backstory, the main characters, both good and bad, come across as wooden and a little cartoonish.  ISLE OF SAVAGES could be an excellent novel, but this reads more like a first draft with lots of room for progress.