Looking for Splasher

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Feb 2019

A simple kids book.  Decent story with Australian animals.  The pictures were ok, but didn't grab my attention.
Splasher, a Tasmanian devil, is missing. After playing hide and seek, his siblings can't find him. All the other Australian native animals go looking for him. They all go looking in their own habitats, where they would find their own food, which is not a big help in finding Splasher. Eventually he is found.

We enjoyed the story and learned a bit about native animals in Australia which was fun and interesting. I did explain to my grandson that the illustrations were made so the animals looked cute and that they did not really look like the ones in the book, which had me searching online to show both of them what the real animals looked like. We also talked about being lost and what they should do if they were, of course Graham informed me that Splasher wasn't lost, he was hiding and they just couldn't find him. This is a cute story that can be used to learn about animals in Australia as well as the whole idea of being lost. We liked it.
This is a cute story with beautiful illustrations that I think kids of all ages will enjoy. Thank you Trafford Publishing via NetGalley for the free copy of this book. This is my honest opinion.
A big thank you to NetGalley and Trafford Publishing for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. This is a children's book.  It's an ok story, it's different because it utilizes Australian animals.  The graphics  were just ok for me.  It was hard to tell if was a Tasmanian devil.  I give this a 2.5.  I was disappointed.
Cute pictures can not save a book.

And it does have cute pictures, and you would think it would have a cool story to go along with it.

Splasher, a Tasmanian devil, is missing, after playing hide and seek, so all the other Australian native animals go looking for him, though their logic is very, well, animalistic, as they look where they find their food.

I suppose this book is to teach us about different Australian animals and what food they eat. That is the only reason I can see for us to know about grubs and things.

It is just a boring book, with cute pictures.

And oh, yeah, they do find Splasher in the end.

THanks to Netgalley for making this book available for an honest review.
Kind of scary story for littles. Cautionary tale. Little tasmanian devil plays hide and seek with little brothers and sister. She gets sleepy and falls asleep really well hidden in a log. Scares her poor family and friends as they search for her. Maybe remind children not to hide too well???  intros many animals from Down under children may want to learn more about. Illustrations are nicely done and cute!
A simple story featuring a family of Tasmanian devils looking for their little sister who disappeared during a game of hide-and-seek. They ask a kookaburra bird for help, who in turn organizes a proper search party made of several other animals: an echidna, a wallaby, a platypus and a wombat. They all look for Splasher in places where they would normally find their favourite food. In this way, children are introduced to habitats and feeding habits of these animals. Naturally, there is a happy end, and Splasher is reunited with her family.
This story would help the little reader get to know basic information about native Tasmanian animals. Personally, I felt there were too many names of the characters to remember, but children may find the onomatopoeic aspect amusing and entertaining.
Thank you to NetGalley and Trafford Publishing for theARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
Didn't really like this one. I look a bit cheap with the generic illustrations on one side and a text page on the other. The story in itself was not entirely bad but still a bit below average. Not really worth it! Sorry...