Cover Image: No More Holding Back

No More Holding Back

I loved this book!  It is  honest and thoughtful as it addresses, the culture in the Christian church about women, and the challenges the face in the ministry.. A must read, full of encouragement for helping women love God with all their heart, soul,  mind, and strength.
I’ve been aware of Kat and Polished, the ministry she co-founded, for a couple years through friends who attended her alma mater, Dallas Theological Seminary. A blog post adapted from No More Holding Back “dang near had me standing on my chair waving my hanky.” Reading No More Holding Back in its entirety had me cheering and messaging those DTS friends. It also left me absurdly grateful for women who go to seminary, knowing that it will be an uphill battle, but choosing to follow the call on their lives. (If you know a woman in seminary, pray for her and let her know you’re doing it.) There are whole chunks of the book that had me wondering if Kat had been eavesdropping on conversations I’ve had with my friends about women in ministry and the obstacles we face, so I really appreciate the way Kat tackles the lies we’ve been told and told ourselves about our worth and our abilities.
No More Holding Back by Kat Armstrong is a must read for women of all ages. Ms Armstrong is a leader, a mother, a Bible teacher. When I first listened to her speak on a podcast years ago, I was struck by the way she explained your calling vs your vocation. I immediately looked for more from her but she did not have this book available at that time. Now she does! This is a book to read and pick up for all the women in your life. Ms Armstrong uses women from the Bible and explains what held them back and how God used them. It is a phenomenal, powerful book. Don't miss it! I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher with no obligations. These opinions are entirely my own.
No More Holding Back is bold call for Christian Women to live their God-given purpose, and live it unashamedly! Kat's words are honest and thoughtful, and a challenge to face head-on, some deeply embedded Christian ideals about women, their place in the world, and their place in ministry. Time will not be wasted diving into this book!
This is a good book. As is expected some chapters were excellent and others seemed to be too much of what has already been said in other books.  I appreciated her thoughts on women in the church and home today.
I received this book free from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.
I loved this book! This would be a good read in conjunction with some Sarah Bessey, Rachel Held Evans, Katelyn Beaty, or Barbara Brown Taylor. Speaking of which,  I need a shelf for nothing but these women (and a few more!) to pull from when I'm feeling down about the state of women in the [local] church. Very inspiring and a book to put in the hands of young women who feel called to more than being a pastor's wife.
Having never read anything from Kat Armstrong before, I was not sure what to expect. The title and book description intrigued me, though, and I'm glad I picked this one up. The first section of the book was my favorite. It focuses on five different lies or mindsets that hold women back. I really enjoyed this section, as it was both interesting and challenging. Kat writes from her own experiences but also weaves in stories from other women as well as Scripture. As soon as I finished reading, I found her on social media, I hope she'll continue writing books after this one releases.