The Middle Class

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

An interesting subject that has been well researched here. I enjoyed this very much.

Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This comprehensive, intelligent, detailed and meticulously researched study of the middle class makes for some pretty intense reading – which sometimes becomes some pretty dull reading. Not exactly a page-turner. But it’s an important work of sociology and history and is thus to be commended.
Thank you Thistle Publishing and Netgalley for this ARC.

I wanted to read this book to learn more about British Middle Class and life in general.  It was informative, enjoyable to read and really  interesting.
I was fascinated to learn about the history of the middle class, and this book certainly is comprehensive. The writing style is a little dry in places, and I found it hard to stay interested for more than a chapter or so at a time, but as a whole it has everything you need to know about the emergence of the middle class. I was expecting that once the book had caught up to the present day, it might have more of a 'Watching the English' sociology sort of flavour, but sadly not. Still, I'd recommend to those with an interest in the subject.
Insight into the middle class and their influence on society throughout time. It was an interesting narrative history and easy to read.
Not quite what I was expecting and yet quite interesting. As an American, much of the history detailed in this book was well beyond the broad strokes that I previously understood. Much more of a history volume tightly focused than a treatise of current affairs or predictions or solutions to the erosion of the middle class.
Enjoyed this fact filled entertains look at the British Middle class. The people their lives their habits highly recommend.#netgalley #thistlepublishing.
The author's painstaking research and attention to detail is obvious in the writing of this book.  There were many facts that I only discovered after reading this!