Seduced by the Enemy

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 05 Apr 2019

Olivia's family was torn apart because of Luca's father and brother. But Luca is determined to prove to Olivia that he is in no way like his father or his brother if she will give him a chance.  Will little motherless Christiana be the healing that they all need?
At first I couldn’t get into this book but I of course continued to read and found myself not wanting to put it down.
The characters especially the hero got on my nerves the first couple of chapters but then I found him to be strong and protective.
Once I got into to the book I did enjoy it and would give this author another read.
2.5 Stars
I love me some forbidden romance, enemies to lovers and opposites attract tropes and this blurb promised me all that with some steam and some drama. Not gonna lie, it totally delivered.

Luca and Olivia have explosive chemistry and I loved how Luca set out to prove to Olivia that he wasn't his father and he wasn't his brother (thank god!). He was a strong alpha male who always put the people he loved first. Whether is was little Christiana or Olivia. He definitely goes above and beyond to try to win Olivia over.

Olivia was a strong heroine, she has been knocked down again and again, with devastating losses but she had an inner strength that never let her give up. She was a bit stubborn but then she was an even match for Luca who however well meaning his intentions, missteps quiet a bit and had to learn the hard way from his mistakes.

Loved this author's writing style and overall Seduced by the Enemy was a good read. Jane and Antonio's story made it bittersweet but I loved the epilogue a few years down the road.
This book grew on me as I read more and more of it. At first I really wasn’t taken by Luca, the hero of the story, who comes across as an opinionated, self righteous bully in his first scene. Turns out there are reasons for his behaviour but it took me a while to forgive him. By that point I was into the story and curious to see how it would go.
Seduced By The Enemy is, obviously, an enemies to lovers story, but it’s also about trust, patience and the extremes people will go to for those they love. I liked Olivia, the heroine of the story, who really had to put up with a lot, including upending her peaceful life in Sydney to fly to Rome with her mother Marjorie, another lovely character, to meet and try to save the life of her niece Christiana, whose existence comes as a huge surprise to both the women.
With a web of lies surrounding Christiana’s existence, there is plenty in this plot to keep readers on their toes. While I thought it somewhat implausible at times, I did enjoy this story.
Both Luca and Olivia have lost their sibling’s and are trying to piece together the truth behind their relationship.  They may hate each other in the beginning but as they spend time together, sparks begin to fly.  Will they find out the truth?  Fast-paced read with an intriguing story and plenty of drama and emotion.  An entertaining read.
Even though the story of this book is obviously quite foreseeable and not always too deep, I enjoyed the author's writing style and the way she describes details. Still, in my opinion it is important to make sure passages in foreign languages are grammatically right, which was not always the case here. Generally it's a good book for a nice couple of hours, but not really much more.
Seduced by the Enemy by Alyssa J. Montgomery is the first book in the Billionaires and Babies Series.  This is the story of Olivia and Luca.
Olivia and Luca have hate at first site but that really is due to some misunderstandings and other who interfere with what they know.  But they are trying to work together after each loss their sibling and working out what relationship they did have..there is also a young innocent they want to protect.
This was a slow start for me but overall I enjoyed their story.
This story definitely takes you on a bit of a gut wrenching ride. There is plenty of push and pull in this story to satisfy all the romance readers that love a little angst. I'm on board that train myself. I'd only mention that giving us a bit more with the secondary characters, or even Chrstiana at that, would have given that little oomph to solidify the story. I'll admit I was expecting a little more drama out of this story. Regardless, it was a good read and I have no problem recommending that others give this story a go. It was definitely a page turner.
I’ve read two books by Alyssa J. Montgomery before, which I enjoyed. So when I saw ‘Seduced by the Enemy’ on Netgalley I just couldn’t resist and requested to read it.  Especially when I saw the ‘Billionaires and Babies’ part. It definitely sounded interesting and I was excited to start reading.

In ‘Seduced by the Enemy’ we meet Olivia and Luca. Olivia’s life has been pretty damn hard the last view years. The sister she loved deeply dies soon after her baby died in childbirth. And after Olivia’s father heard the news he died of a heart attack. This can all be blamed to Luca’s father. Luca is a Italian billionaire and represents everything Olivia hates.  But they both have misunderstandings about each other that need to be sorted and slowly on they start to realize not everything is the way it seemed.

Well, what can I say.. this book wasn’t for me. The characters where nice enough, and I loved the whole concept of this story but there was just to much that didn’t work for me. For starters I thought the whole backstory was way too complicated and a little to unbelievable for me. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong for Olivia and it was just too much.

The romance between Olivia and Luca was nice enough. But I just didn’t like Olivia’s character all that much, and there where several things about her character that irritated me endlessly. Especially the fact she hated Luca so much one minute, and then she suddenly loved him. And there where just so many misunderstanding between Luca and Olivia that I just didn’t get their connection at all.

The writing overall was good. And although I didn’t really get the romance and I thought some parts of this book where just too much, I found myself wanting to keep on reading so I would know how the story ended. But still, in the end this book was just not for me.
I chose this book primarily for the cover and title since I was unfamiliar with the author. After reading some early unflattering reviews, I almost decided not to read it, but since I prefer to make my own opinions, I started it anyway. I'll admit that Olivia was not really likable at first and took a while to grow on me. Even at the end, I wouldn't say I was very connected to her. Luca, on the other hand, was very sexy and caring and made up for Olivia's deficits. I would have liked more of Christiana. She needed more development and a more defined personality.  Luca's friends, Max and Nick, and his father also lacked development or real involvement in the story. Don't get me wrong, I found the story to be a nice escape read, but I would have liked a bit more depth to the characters and some actual drama/danger rather than the vague unsubstantiated threat of it. It was a solid 3.75 stars.

I received an ARC from Net Galley.
DNF @25%

To be honest, I really was so looking forward to getting approved for this book because the blurb was interesting to me. Sadly, that's just about it. No offense but it seems that this is one of the worst book starters. The never ending arguments, recall of what actually happened between Jane and Antonio that took more than 20% is just wayyyy TOO MUCH. I can't take it anymore. Imagine, I still haven't met Christiana? Because the plot just keeps going around in circles.

I'm sorry, I really tried but I am done.
a bit slow in the beginning to help me get into the story but enjoyable after that. great characters and intrigue.
Nice read, but not enough chemistry. It's good, but nothing exceptional. It lacked of something. It's a 3stars anyway. Thank you for this copy Netgalley!
3.5 Stars. I just couldn’t get into this particular brand of drama. Characters didn’t have the amount of chemistry I look for in a book and it made it harder to read than usual. Great premise but not my favorite read.
Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This was an over the top, dramatic romance novel. About 20% of the book was spent arguing over what really happened to Olivia's sister and her Italian lover. Constant arguing with Luca, the lovers brother, who needs Olivia to donate a bone marrow to a niece she thought was dead. Barely any chemistry between the two protagonist and an uninspiring plot.
This is the first book I've read by this author and while Luca and Olivia's journey to be together was good, I struggled to connect with these characters for some reason.  It wasn't a long book, but I felt that the plot dragged at times -- too many misunderstandings.  I did love Luca's character and I would have enjoyed more interaction with little Christiana since the entire premise really revolved around her.  This was a 3.5 star read for me.  I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC for NetGalley.
I could not finish this one.  I don't abandon books easily, but I found this one to be very boring and unengaging.  I couldn't get into the storyline.
Amazing story from Alyssa. How alive the characters are as though i'm living through the story. Incredible work from Alyssa.
Loved this!  This was a quick read with great characters!  Seduced by the Enemy is the first Alyssa J. Montgomery book I've read and I thought it was good! Just enough angst to keep me interested....with a hot Italian guy :)
The first in Alyssa J. Montgomery new series featuring best friends, Luca, Max and Nick based in Italy, focuses on intense drama, lack of communication, and the frenzied coming together of reconciliation in the happily ever after.
Luca and Olivia are sworn enemies due to a devastating family connection and their distrust of each other precedes their relationship throughout the story. If you like your romance steeped in wordy dramatic flights of fantasy and love soaked words of unification, prepare yourself for a ride through the miasma of a three-point romance.