Blood Bond Saga Part 1

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

hello and thank you for letting me read this book Ms. Hardt. im not much of a vampire person but this book had me at the begining from start to finish .. GREAT BOOK . I sure will be reading more from Ms. Hardt she can write her butt off thank you again for letting me read this.
It wasn't my cup of tea at all. But i read til the end. Will post longer review in the upcoming days

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me an ARC in exchange for an honest review*
A spooky and steamy mix. Dante has been released after being kept in bondage for ten years. He runs into Erin and there is instant attraction. He is trying to fight the attraction while he comes to grip with his new normal but there is no stopping it. An intriguing start to this wonderful series.
Well, this book was ok for me. I had a hard time really liking Erin and Dante. Dante goes through a terrible trauma and has a hard time with his emotions, but he is a little wishy washy to me. Erin also can't seem to get a handle of her feelings. It does have a good storyline though and I really like a good vampire book.
Wow what a way to start a vampire series. This book was shot but worth the read. It very suspenseful and mysterious. I can’t wait to find out who “Her” is and what happened to Dante’s father and uncle. There’s still so much mystery, along with hot steamy passion coming from Dante and Erin. I can’t wait to read the next book.
Rating: 4/5
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Review:

Blood Bond is the first installment in the Blood Bond Saga, written by Helen Hardt. The book follows a tormented vampire and an ER nurse, who have a rather odd encounter in the blood bank at a hospital. At first glance, both Erin and Dante feel a pull towards each other that neither can explain. It starts off mysterious and new, from Dante's point of view before switching to Erin just as they meet each other. The story continues to switch between the two main characters giving the reader a wonderful perspective into both of their lives and the struggles they share with each other.

Because the book is a saga I found that there wasn’t enough of a character arch or a really detailed plot line, but the first book did a wonderful job of using it’s cliff hanger and the tension build up to intrigue me enough (and frustrates me enough) that I need to read the rest of the saga!

I think this book is a great late night summer read. Quick paced, easy to read and the characters are instantly likable. An all around great paranormal romance story about an ER nurse and a vampire.
I wanted to love this book. The description really drew me in. However, once I started, all I wanted to do was stop. It read more like a movie script than a novella. The dialogue went back in forth and there was little description or world building.  I liked Dante. He seemed like a very interesting character if we had gotten more background. This series is divided into 14 books. I feel like it is very dragged out. We had no background on our heroine Erin. She had no personality at all.  I feel like this could be an amazing book if it was written better. The premise and the way vampires are depicted gives it a lot of potential. However, I probably will not be continuing the series.
I received this book as an eARC from the publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest review.

This was pretty steamy but I am so disappointed that it cut off right before the real steamy stuff! I don't think I'm going to continue the series, honestly I'd prefer to read this entire story in a single book.
Dante Gabriel is starving. What he craves is red gold human blood. After being held captive as a blood slave to a female vampire for years, he has finally escaped. Unchained at last, he follows his nose to the nearest blood bank to sate his hunger.When I started reading I couldn't put it down. Helen Hardt is magnifysent and amazing writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book.
My Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (3.5)
Content Rating:18+
Genre: Paranormal/Vampire Romance

Blood Bond: 1 does a reasonably good job of introducing the reader to the Blood Bond Saga Series and all the main characters. But, I felt that this book was more of a prologue.  Looking at the subsequent books, I now realize this is a serial series.
 Blood Bond is the first book that I have read by Helen Hardt.  Although it was easy to read, I did feel that the writing fell short, and there was a lot of repetition in the dialogue.  The story was engaging and did keep me reading.
Dante, our alluring, gorgeous vampire, has escaped after being held captive for ten years by a female vampire. Dante makes his way to a hospital blood bank where Erin, an ER nurse, catches him vandalizing the blood bank. Dante and Erin do have a certain amount of chemistry. Unfortunately, I felt that their attraction was rushed; I am not a huge fan of insta-love.
 Reader beware, this first part does end in a bit of a cliffhanger. I am planning on reading the next installment in this series. Unchained: Blood Bond: Volume 1 includes parts 1, 2, & 3. And as luck would have it is now free on Amazon.
*** I kindly received this galley by way of NetGalley/publisher/author. I was not contacted, asked, or required to leave a review. I received no compensation, financial or otherwise. I have voluntarily read this book, and this review is my honest opinion. ***
This paranormal romance series will hook you from the first chapter! I absolutely loved all the characters. It had me on the edge the entire novel and had me looking for more once it ended! I’m diving into the rest of the series now! Available on KU!
I received a copy of Blood Bond Saga Part 1 by Helen Hardt from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Overall, this novel missed the mark for me. I felt that the plot should have been interesting given the story's summary, but the plot wasn't evenly paced and the main characters' chemistry was just not believable. Plus the male main character, Dante, gave me whiplash with his "I want you, but no, I can't/shouldn't/don't!" back and forth. Dude, pick an emotion and stick with it like a grown up. This just struck me as a flat novel altogether.

I'd give Blood Bond Saga Part 1 by Helen Hardt 2.5 stars.
The idea of writing from two points of view isn't new, but it's gotten increasingly more popular. I felt whipped around in Blood Bond. Plus the "nurse" was presented like an all knowing swami of hospital jobs. In reality she wouldn't have done but a quarter of what she was an expert at.
I have been completely sucked into this story. Pun unintended. There is some excellent world building going on and I love the characters. And what a cliffhanger! I cannot wait to keep reading!
Thank you Netgalley and Waterhouse Press for the free copy. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I don't remember when was the last time I read a paranormal romance. And after reading this, I had to ask myself why did I stop reading that genre...

This story has everything that i like about paranormal romance; vampire, blood lust, mystery, and of course smart heroine.

And Helen Hardt is very, very clever to stop the book just when things is about to get hot and heavy between the two leads.

Because this is still the first book, and a short one too, the storyline is still pretty much hazy. But i have no doubt it will continue to get more interesting as the puzzles are slowly revealed.
I requested a copy of this book via NetGalley. Im always down to read a vampire series. Although Ive read this author before, I hadn't known of this series of hers and wanted to give it a shot. Finished it within about 2 hours, as the entire book is only 117pages. Which was very disappointing.  It made certain aspects of the story feel rushed.  Just not that into it and wont be reading any of the others.
As I hadn’t read a book with vampires for a while, I decided to give the Blood Bond Saga a go, especially when I saw there was a prequel novella. I think a prequel novella usually gives you just enough to make the decision whether to read on into the series.
The cover is red, representing the blood vampires consume, and has a couple on the cover whom I would presume are Dante and Erin the two main characters in the novella.

In the prologue we immediately meet Dante, who is being held against his will by a woman calling her self the ‘Vampire Queen’. Though she keeps Dante ‘comfortable’, it is her version of comfortable as he is tied up and not allowed to leave. He is fed, and given plenty of water to replenish his blood supply. When the Queen visits him she drinks his blood, hinting at it being very powerful and precious.

Dante, manages to escape, or maybe he was allowed to escape he just can’t seem to remember clearly how he got out, but he is thankful he is out. He is so ashamed at being overpowered and held against his will subjected to tortured and other acts he doesn’t wish to remember. On his release or escape Dante is naturally hungry for blood, he ends up in a hospital emergency room blood bank where he meets Erin. Dante is immediately drawn to her, wanting her physically and wanting her blood too. He describes how her blood calls to him, and that she has an addictive, unique scent he basically cannot get enough of. Dante needs to find his family, though he is unsure if there will be any of them still living in the area as he is unsure how long he been held captive. When Dante moves into his Grandfather’s house, they reveal he has been gone ten years and that those that went searching for him never returned. Dante is confused and his emotions and desires are all over the place. His grandfather tries to tell him he still has so much to learn as he was still at such a young age when he went missing.
His grandfather, Bill, asks Dante to tell him what was done to him whilst he was missing, but Dante feels too ashamed to retell anyone, let alone his strong pure bred vampire Grandfather. Bill allows him time to settle in but assures Dante there is nothing he can say that will change how he see’s him. That he seriously needs to talk about it. Bill also explains to Dante that he has yet to learn control and advises him to stay away from relationships, that he needs to open up about what happened to him whilst he was held captive. The trouble is Dante just can’t seem to stay away from Erin, and if he can’t have her yet, then nobody will have her either!

One of my favourite characters other than Dante and Erin, was Steve who is a hospital orderly, who is very bright, cheery and a great gossip, knowing everyone’s business and secrets. The character I loved to hate was Dr Bonnaville, or rather Dr Bitchville as she is called behind her back in the ER. I’ll be honest I have my suspicions about her, I think maybe she could be a vampire, or at least someone who knows about the supernatural beings in the area.

I did enjoy the novella. It got a little steamy and perhaps graphic wording but it fit with the plot and wasn’t so explicit that it put you off reading the book. I enjoyed the history of the Gabriel family parts and as for the romance, well I am already pairing characters off. Perhaps Erin’s brother Jay & Dante’s sister Emilia that’s presuming she isn’t in a relationship, I kind of get a hunch she could be pregnant too! I would also possibly pair Lucy, Erin’s friend in the ER with Dante’s cousin, and vampire River. There are so many ways this book series could progress, I mean there’s the woman who held Dante captive and made him call her the ‘Vampire Queen’. Why did she want Dante? Does she have anyone else hostage? Who is she?

So, to sum up the book did become a little slow paced for my taste in a couple of places, then I was a little surprised about how descriptively steamy things got lol but by the end I was hooked and would like to read more. I felt like this was a good introduction to the characters, and revealed some of their back stories. I have been left with SO many question, theories and thoughts!!
Heart pounding first novel that quenches your taste buds and has you lingering for more. Blood Bond Saga #1 by Helen Hardt has written a wonderful novel with enticing characters, scenes and blood thirsty moments that has the reader flipping the pages fast and leaves you excited for the next installment. I am eager and intrigued for the next haunting novel and to witness what will happen with Dante and Erin; these paranormal characters and their developments in Blood Bond Saga #2.
Wow I loved this read the intensity, the boldness, the uniqueness of this read is fantastic! I had been really wanting to read a good paranormal romance but sometimes they are hard to find when there are so many corny ones out there! but this one sure hit the spot! it makes you wish you could find your very own vampire! I cant wait to read the 2nd part! I highly recommend this book its great through every page!
An interesting start. I've never read a Helen Hardt book so I wasn't sure what to expect. I really enjoyed trying to figure out the who's and the what's especially between Dante and Erin. I'll be interested in picking up the rest of the saga and getting some answers.