Blood Bond Saga Part 1

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 18 Sep 2019

A great start to a great series. Not sure what I was expecting but I really enjoyed it. I love this author. She hasn't disappointed me yet!
This was a great start to a new series. I was hesitant because it was a vampire novel but I am so glad I read it, anyway. I particularly liked the pacing of the story and that Dante and Erin were able to find each other and form a bond pretty quickly. However, the story was rather short and the sudden and abrupt ending was something of a disappointment and didn't really work for me.

All in all, I thought Blood Bond Saga Part 1 was a good book. The writing was smooth and uncomplicated; the plot  simple yet not too heavily saturated with romance. Definitely a worthwhile read and I liked it enough to continue with the series.

I received a complimentary digital copy of this novel, at my own request, from Waterhouse Press via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
"Humans don't realize they each possess their own scent beyond perspiration and pheromones, a fragrance that coms from their very life force - their blood."

the characters in the book, Dante and Erin, meet in a unique scene and circumstance. A.K.A. the asshole steals blood from the blood bank at the hospital she works at. However, she covers for him, and apparently he just decides not to attack her when he gets caught by her. And of course, this book just has to have this sort of soul-mate like the connection that just attracts those two. And what do you know, fate might as well take in the place, them meeting and just "coincidentally" bump into each other...even if there I an entire world out there and billions of people.

So technically, typical shit.

However, I bumped up the rating by a star because of Dante. Dante has a personality of a dark and mysterious, gorgeous yet rugged look to him. So what I'm saying is that I am a sucker for surly asshole guys.

Anyway, if youre really into romance and this seems like your type of book, I definitely reommend.
Blood Bond Saga Part 1 by Helen Hardt 4.5 Stars!
I loved getting back to a good, tough, sexy, Vampire book!  It’s well written, interesting, exciting, with great characters.  This is the first time I’ve read this author’s work and I quite enjoyed this vampire short story.  I’m looking forward to reading the rest of this series to see where it goes and what other species come about.
This book contains adult content and includes frequent adult language and explicit and frank sex scene talk.  Don't read this book if hot love scenes and adult language offend you.
Happy Reading♥️
Wow, this was such an awesome story.... or beginning of one. I enjoy all the clear detail in her writing. This so far is a slight twist from your normal vampire story and I’m hooked.
An excellent start to an interesting Vampire series.  There are 18 parts to be read in this series and after reading the first part I am very excited to continue with part 2.

The characters are quite indepth and the chemistry between Dante and Erin is pretty much explosive from the beginning of the story.

As an 18 year old Vampire, Dante and his cousin River go partying into a part of New Orleans that they have been warned not to go to.  Their drinks are spiked and River returns home but Dante does not.  He spends the next ten years being held prisoner by a "supposed" Vampire Queen and when he finally escapes he soon realises that at 28 years of age, he has missed the Vampire traditions of coming of age and learning how to control himself.

When he is caught in the Blood Department of a Hospital by Erin, he feels their blood bond and even though he wants her more than anything he has ever wanted, he knows until he can control himself around her that he cannot have her.

I know I am going to be powering through this series, Helen Hardt is once again giving us a fantastic new series that we can literally get our teeth into, no pun intended.

Thanks to Netgalley, Waterhouse Press and Helen Hardt for the opportunity to read and give an honest review.
This book drew me in from the very beginning. The sensual feeling i had reading this kept me up all night binging this read. I love the unforeseen romance mixed with suspense. It was perfect!
Wow, this starts off with a bang and leaves you wanting more!!!

I loved this introduction to this series and love the intense connection between Dante and Erin. It's a quick, short read and leaves you hanging and thirsting for more.

**Received copy through Netgalley**
I'm kinda out of the vampire phase, but I'm glad I got this book from #netgalley. This is my first book from Helen Hardt and I greatly enjoyed it. Erin and Dante meet when Dante is stealing blood from the blood bank at the hospital where Erin works at. He doesn't hurt her though when she finds him and in turn, she covers for him when questioned. They have instant chemistry and a connection that they just don't initially understand. Dante is attracted to the smell of her blood. Her scent keeps drawing him to her. He is having trouble controlling his urges because he's been away for some years against his will and now he's having trouble adjusting to the world again. This book definitely draws you in with its little twists and turns. Going to be buying part two as soon as I can!

“I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book provided to me by the publisher through Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
Thank you to Waterhouse Press and Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I really did want to love this book because I am a huge fan of the vampire genre and a lover of paranormal romance, so I was ready to love this.
Unfortunately, the author relied heavily on the insta-attraction trope and within short hours of having met, the main characters were ready to dive into bed together. The reason this doesn't work, in this instance specifically, is because Erin, the ER nurse, first meets the vampire, Dante, after he's basically vandalized the blood bank; there's blood everywhere and he himself is covered in blood and wearing a homeless man's stolen clothes, yet she takes him home (I can only assume it's because he's easy on the eyes and because there's this inexplicable connection between them) and moments later confesses that for some unknown reason she trusts him. Then she proceeds to lie to her brother, a cop, providing Dante an alibi. I'm just not convinced that one's libido, even a raging one, would lead a person to lose all logic and good sense. Accordingly, these first chapters did not bode well for the rest of the plot, such as it was.
There really wasn't much of a plot, only captivity flashbacks (the reader has no idea how Dante escaped his captor and nor does Dante explain his ten-year absence to his family) and a series of anticlimactic encounters between Erin and Dante in which he rejects her again and again (just as things are heating up) for her own safety as he doesn't trust himself not to hurt her. It becomes repetitive and boring after a while. To be honest, I forced myself to finish this book. If indeed there was sexual tension and good chemistry between these characters, I didn't notice it, and that's not for want of trying. As I said, I wanted to love this.
The book drags, short as it is, and finally ends on a very unsatisfying cliffhanger. I don't mind cliffhangers but this one and the characters themselves don't inspire me to continue the series.
Had I paid for this book, I would have felt cheated and very disappointed. I do however commend the author for putting her own spin on the vampire lore: her vampires aren't immortal and are able to eat normal food if blood is scarce, though they cannot survive without blood for long. I prefer my vampires immortal and a little more traditional, but I do appreciate the author's creativity.
I selected this novel because of the author never thinking I would like a vampire series. However, I was drawn into the unique world of vampires and humans and read the entire series in one week!
Blood Bond is a great start to the Blood Bond Saga, my only complaint is that I wish it would have been longer. Loved this author's modern day tale about Vampires. Dante and Erin's story is off to a great start and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
This was a quick read, the first in an episodic series. I really liked the hero, the vampire Dante, who has been held in captivity for ten years since he was a teenager. We get glimpses into what happened to him during that time, but we don't find out who the mystery woman is who kept him prisoner, or how he escaped. I liked his vulnerability, the raw anger and confusion he displays as he tries to process what has happened to him, and the heartbreaking scenes when he reunites with his family.
When he meets Erin, a human nurse, they both feel an immediate, undeniable pull to the other which causes them to act irrationally and out of character. There is a constant back-and-forth as they are drawn together by their mutual attraction and then Dante leaves for fear of not being able to control himself and drinking her blood. This happens countless times, so the whole plot feels like it's going around in circles. Combined with the fact that we are left with more questions than answers by the end, the book was somewhat confusing and dissatisfying. It might be different if you read the next few installments right away, but as a standalone it's quite disappointing.
I am also not a fan of the undeniable attraction trope which leaves the characters unable to make rational decisions, or decisions at all really, because they are complete driven by an inexplicable instinct. I prefer romances in which people fall in love with one another for who they are and not because some supernatural force decides it has to be, but that is purely personal preference and I know a ton of people who love the fated mates trope. 2.5 stars.
You would have to be crazy to not fall hard for Dante and admire Erin. Helen is a master at drawing you into these amazing stories. My new favorite book boyfriend is definitely Dante. I cant wait to read the other books to find out out how their story ends. The sexy scenes definitely made me blush in that good way. I dont want to give away the story for you but if you love supernatural books, vampire books you will love this series.
hello and thank you for letting me read this book Ms. Hardt. im not much of a vampire person but this book had me at the begining from start to finish .. GREAT BOOK . I sure will be reading more from Ms. Hardt she can write her butt off thank you again for letting me read this.
It wasn't my cup of tea at all. But i read til the end. Will post longer review in the upcoming days

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me an ARC in exchange for an honest review*
A spooky and steamy mix. Dante has been released after being kept in bondage for ten years. He runs into Erin and there is instant attraction. He is trying to fight the attraction while he comes to grip with his new normal but there is no stopping it. An intriguing start to this wonderful series.
Well, this book was ok for me. I had a hard time really liking Erin and Dante. Dante goes through a terrible trauma and has a hard time with his emotions, but he is a little wishy washy to me. Erin also can't seem to get a handle of her feelings. It does have a good storyline though and I really like a good vampire book.
Wow what a way to start a vampire series. This book was shot but worth the read. It very suspenseful and mysterious. I can’t wait to find out who “Her” is and what happened to Dante’s father and uncle. There’s still so much mystery, along with hot steamy passion coming from Dante and Erin. I can’t wait to read the next book.
Rating: 4/5
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Review:

Blood Bond is the first installment in the Blood Bond Saga, written by Helen Hardt. The book follows a tormented vampire and an ER nurse, who have a rather odd encounter in the blood bank at a hospital. At first glance, both Erin and Dante feel a pull towards each other that neither can explain. It starts off mysterious and new, from Dante's point of view before switching to Erin just as they meet each other. The story continues to switch between the two main characters giving the reader a wonderful perspective into both of their lives and the struggles they share with each other.

Because the book is a saga I found that there wasn’t enough of a character arch or a really detailed plot line, but the first book did a wonderful job of using it’s cliff hanger and the tension build up to intrigue me enough (and frustrates me enough) that I need to read the rest of the saga!

I think this book is a great late night summer read. Quick paced, easy to read and the characters are instantly likable. An all around great paranormal romance story about an ER nurse and a vampire.