Cover Image: To the Lions

To the Lions

Immigration and naturalization issues are at the forefront in this epic new thriller brought to you by Holly Watt.
The idea that a journalist who overhears a conversations and lands the story of a lifetime will alter or change the course of events set forth for those fleeing is a whole new twist.
As the refugees flee the story takes on danger when a suicide by a wealthy man hampers her efforts for much needed and vital information.
Powerful, corrupt, wealthy individuals are at the heart of the novel while those seeking the land of opportunity and freedom collide.
Thank you to Holly, the publisher, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.

Casey Benedict, a star reporter at the Post, has infiltrated the lives and exposed the lies of countless politicians and power players. Using her network of contacts, and her ability to slip into whatever identity suits the situation, Casey is always on the search for the next big story, no matter how much danger this might place her in, or what the cost might be, emotionally.

Tipped off by an overheard conversation at an exclusive London nightclub, she begins to investigate the apparent suicide of a wealthy young British man whose death has left his fiancée and family devastated. The young man's death, however, is only the tipping point of a much more sinister and dangerous scandal involving the world's most powerful leaders and magnates--men who are gathering in northern Africa for an extreme and secret hunt.

With fellow reporter Miranda and combat veteran Ed by her side, Casey's determined hunt for the truth will take her from the glitz of St. Tropez to the deserts of Libya and on to the very darkest corners of the human mind. An international thriller featuring a female journalist who stumbles upon a dark conspiracy, and her determination to follow the clues, no matter how far that takes her

This appears to be a debut novel by Holly Watt who according to Google is an investigative journalist, who worked on MPs Expenses and the Panama Papers. She has written for the Sunday Times, the Telegraph and the Guardian and currently lives in London. Interesting lady!

The book is well crafted: it is not too dry as some political novels are and the story is compelling enough to keep you up late reading it. If you like British political novels this is an excellent pick for you as it is well written and keeps your attention right to the very last page..

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by Millenials on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🦁🦁🦁🦁
Thank you to the publisher for sending me this title.
The main character of this story is a reporter.  That's good enough for me since I haven't read many books with reporter as the main character.  This is a thriller that takes you all over the world.  Therefore, if you're a person who would like to travel with literature, this is a perfect book for you.