Wherever She Goes

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 25 Jun 2019

Thank you to NetGalley, Kelley Armstrong and St. Martin’s Press for the free e-book in exchange for an honest review.

Aubrey reports a kidnapping and is told by the officer that there isn’t crime that is reported as quickly as a missing child. So why hasn’t the mother reported her child missing? Aubrey knows what she saw and heard; the little boy was taken against his will. Everyone starts to questions her sanity and Aubrey starts to hear the whispers about her being a former stay-at-home mom who doesn’t even have full custody of her child, so there is something wrong with her obviously? They don’t understand that she left them because of her past and she can’t be the wife or mother she should be until she leaves it all behind. She is going to have to rescue the boy on her own since not one person believes her.

I am a huge Armstrong fan, I have read most of what she has written and I was just a teenager when I started her Woman of the Underworld series and realized the power that women have. This book was no different; Aubrey is a strong and capable woman who just wants to be taken seriously. I loved her character and how different she is from all the other parents and how easily she let go of her family for their own good. I loved that Aubrey was able to get information before the police and really got herself into the investigation. I whipped right through this one because it only gets more interesting with every turn of the page! I love how Paul becomes more and more of an important character and how they have such a perfect relationship. I don’t want to give anything away but this book is a perfect mix of mystery, thriller and family drama that everyone should give it a try!

Out June 25th!
Author Kelley Armstrong (Otherworld series) brings us a decidedly non-fantasy suspense/thriller. This is an interesting book with some plot twists-some predictable, some not, with a thrilling yet realistic cast of characters. The antagonist is somewhat flat and predictable but the anti-heroine is likable and imperfect in a good way. The ending is solid-not perfect, but plausible. an enjoyable read.
This story is about Aubrey, a suburban mom going through a divorce who has been living a secret life. When she witnesses a kidnapping and no one believes her, she uses her skills from her life before to track the boy down. But does he exist? Or did she witness something different entirely.

This book was pretty good, and was a nice, interesting thriller. It was pretty predictable and had an ending unusual compared to most of the thrillers that I read. It was a solid thriller, kept you guessing, and I love that Aubrey is such a strong, independent female character! She is pretty badass and that makes the book even better.
Another Awesome Armstrong! Question! Who is Aubrey Finch?  Yes she is a soon to be ex-wife, a mother, part time librarian, and a women with a maze of secrets in her past.  All this being said; She comes across as a peculiar personality enlisting scowls and reluctance to believe her from others. Nevertheless; She has skills to take matters into her own hands when Police refuse to believe she has witnessed a young boy's kidnapping. Lots to keep the pages turning and the reader ready to slip off their seats.  "A copy of this book was provided by St. Martin's Press via Netgalley with no requirements for a review.  Comments here are my honest opinion."  NEVER GO WRONG PICKING UP AN ARMSTRONG novel - -HUGE FAN!
Just when I started to think that I just wasn't into Wherever She Goes by Kelley Armstrong, the book got really good and I couldn't put it down.  I truly enjoyed this story and will not hesitate to read books by this author again in the (very near) future!
That’s what the officer tells single mother Aubrey Finch after she reports a kidnapping. So why hasn’t anyone reported the little boy missing? Aubrey knows what she saw: a boy being taken against his will from the park. It doesn’t matter that the mother can’t be found. It doesn’t matter if no one reported it. Aubrey knows he’s missing.

Instead, people question her sanity. Aubrey hears the whispers. She’s a former stay-at-home mom who doesn’t have primary custody of her daughter, so there must be something wrong with her, right? Others may not understand her decision to walk away from her safe life at home, but years of hiding her past – even from the people she loves – were taking their toll, and Aubrey knows she can’t be the mother or wife she envisions until she learns to leave her secrets behind.

When the police refuse to believe her, she realizes that rescuing the boy is up to her alone. But after all the secrets, how far is she willing to go? Even to protect a child.

A very smart, well written story! I absolutely loved Aubrey, she's such a sweet character that made sure everyone is taken care of. All around great mystery book.

Thank you #NetGalley for the ARC of Wherever She Goes by Kelley Armstrong
Pub Date: 25 Jun 2019
I read this great thriller of a book in one day as I couldn't put it down! Aubrey and her husband are recently separated and she has her daughter Charlotte on the weekends. While at the park, Aubrey and Charlotte hang out with a young mom and her son. When Aubrey is running in the park another day, she sees the young boy being kidnapped. She goes to the police but they don't believe her and think she is an attention seeker. As Aubrey tries to solve the mystery, we are taken on a thrilling ride! I loved Aubrey! She is a character that cares for everyone sometimes at her own expense. I received an advanced readers copy and all opinions are my own.
I really enjoyed this book, full of suspense as Bree tries to find the little boy that nobody believes is missing. I loved how everything turns out in the end. It's a really great read and I would definitely recommend it.
She knows what she saw: a woman is dead and that woman's child is missing..  She's done a deep search and found out who and maybe why.  But the police aren't listening.  How can she get someone to listen to her without giving up her criminal past?  This story is full of revelations as Bree digs to find the truth while trying to hide her truth from her ex and co-workers.
I have given this 4 stars.  For a "normal" book, this is a high recommendation.    For a Kelley Armstrong book, this is low.

Kelly can be counted on to give me a world to escape in.  In this book, I didn't find the world building, or the twists or the total immersion.

That being said, it was a very good book.    I loved the story, and I loved the characters.   The main character was so strong in some ways, and so afraid in other ways.

This is the story about a kidnapping of a child.   Or is it?  It's also a mystery, and a story of growth.

The main character witnessed a possible kidnapping of a child.  She reports it to the police, but they don't believe her.      She then goes on to investigate it.    Through the book, I kept thinking how she was much stronger than I am, and a much better person.  Would I go to the same extremes?  I kept putting myself in her place.

I kept turning the pages, and wanted to know what happened next.   Was the child kidnapped?   What would happen if the child was found?  Could she fix her marriage?  Would she lose custody of her child?

Thanks for the advance copy from net galley.  This did not influence my opinion.
A well written well plotted murder mystery. The main character is smart well drawn  and resourceful .
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for letting me review this book
Thank you Netgalley for the ARC of this book.I have never read this author before so I had no idea what to expect. Aubrey was a good lead character - I liked that she was smart and resourceful. There is so much going on,this book will keep you interested in finding out what's going on. The only bad thing was my pet peeve is kids talking baby talk. UGH.
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and of course the author for this digital ARC in exchange for my unbiased review.
This book is a twisted psychological thriller and while I did enjoy the story I found it did lose me a third of the way through.

I will look forward to reading more from this author!

Join me on instergram @booksandemma
Join me on my blog, The Twist and Turn Book Blog https://booksandemma.wixsite.com/blog
A very well written domestic mystery. Aubrey is in the park with her daughter and she witnesses a kidnapping of a little boy. When she goes to report the incident to the police, after a few days no one has reported a missing child. Aubrey becomes obsessed with the mystery and dives in headfirst. There is also a secondary story of Aubrey , Her past life, and recent separation from her husband. I enjoy this novel very much and would be interested in reading more books from this Author.  Well develop characters, and a  storyline they kept me interested throughout the book. Thank you for my advanced copy, I will recommend this book to friends and family.
Kelly Armstrong never disappoints! Her series novels are some of my favorite and I find that I like her stand alone novels just as much - full of suspense, well paced with interesting and dynamic characters and she knows how to tell a great story. Really enjoyed this one.

I received an advanced reader copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Aubrey Finch has spent years running away from her past when she was a computer hacker and a thief. She has a lawyer husband and a beautiful little girl she adores. One day, at the park, she sees another young mother and a little boy. Later that week, she sees the little boy abducted from the playground. When she reports this to the police, no one believes her, so Aubrey decides she needs to call on her rusty skills to find the kidnapped boy. Then she finds out the mother she met on the playground has been murdered. Aubrey gets in over her head with the Russian mafia as she investigates. Not quite as edge-of-the-seat pacing as I expected, but an entertaining read, as always with Kelley Armstrong.
I know this book is listed as a stand alone but I certainly hope this cast of characters comes back to life in another excellent series by Kelley Armstrong.  Her stories all have a unique setting and story line.  She pulls characters from all segments of life to bring a really good story to the readers.  It is not unusual for me to read her books in one day.  They are my treat to myself and always enjoyable.
A young woman who is working through problems in her marriage that she feels she has caused also witnesses what she thinks is a child being kidnapped.  When she tries to report the crime to the police, they tell her there is no report of a missing child...but she knows what she saw.  As she works to clear up this mystery, she finds a much larger story with much scarier consequences.
If you have never read a Kelley Armstrong book, I really feel sorry for you.  Start with this one then pick a series and start reading those.  I promise, you will love them!
This is a gripping tale of secrets. Definitely 5 stars. Couldn't put it down, read in one day!  Will be recommending to everyone. Thank you for the chance to read
Really enjoyed this. Good characterisation and plot - it does stumble in the middle and slow a lot, but it’s a great read. Definitely will make me look out for more by the author.
The main character in this book is a housewife, mother, librarian, and recently separated from her husband, who has custody of their daughter by mutual agreement. She also has a past life that she has kept secret, a burglar, a computer tech, who can hack her way through most anything. She’s not to be messed with! Great character. The story revolves around her seeing something she shouldn’t have, and being the person she is, she can’t stay out of it, and wow does it escalate at a very rapid pace. You won’t put this down until the end.