The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 20 May 2019

As other reviewers have said, this book is truly special and will pull at your heart strings!  I loved it and can’t wait to read more from this author.
Thanks to the author, publisher and Netgalley for a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Admans' THE LITTLE VINTAGE CAROUSEL BY THE SEA is reminiscent of the movie, How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days. This is a delightful and heart-warming story but my library does not collect digital-born titles from independent presses.
I really enjoyed this book. It was sweet, captivating and exactly what I expected and wanted to read when I picked up. I loved it and will read more from the author!
There was a touch of movie magic about this book for me as Ness tracked down the stranger on the train, Train Man. I loved the references to Carousel and there is a little frisson of Sliding Doors lurking in there too. This is a real feelgood read with some lovely secondary characters to bring a smile to your face. One of those books which you are sorry to end.

Thanks to Netgalley for a copy of the book.
Thanks to NetGalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
A very good read and one I can highly recommend to others.
I could not put this down.
Thoroughly enjoyable with an amazing cast of characters that you cannot help but engage with.
This is such a great read for summer! It’s so special and sweet! I literally loved every second of it and highly recommend you check it out!!
As far as I’m concerned, this wonderful author cannot write a poor book. The Little Wedding Island? Amazing!! It’s A Wonderful Night? Incredible!! The Chateau of Happily-Ever-Afters? Brilliant!! The Little Vintage Carousel?? Beats all of them, four times over!!

Ness and Nathan are definitely my favourite characters of the month. Hell, make that that my year so far. Their sense of humour had me laughing out loud and smiling throughout the whole book. Their chemistry is instant from the first few pages, and just intensifies through the book, page by page. Admans has a writing style that makes you feel like you’re with friends and grips you instantly. I found myself lost within in the pages, and hours had passed by.

Ness is such a great character. She makes excuses for everything, but after meeting Nathan she’s saying yes to everything she would never say yes to. I love her jokes, how nerdy she can be, how she bounces off Daphne, and how to connects with other characters. I love how she becomes happier on every page. It shines through the whole book. I really connected with her. I felt her pain, her love, her embarrassment of her mum.

Nathan’s awkward rambling made me love him even more. I can easily connect with nervous rambling. His jokes, insecurities, and his misplaced ‘chat up lines’ make him an even more lovable character. His history isn’t clear to begin with, but once we’ve learnt more about him, I liked him more and more.

The story of the carousel fits perfectly into the book. I loved that we got this little mystery to work out, and that we got a solved one eventually. The various stories all intrigued me, and the final one was definitely the best. However heartbreaking it actually was.

Put them together and we get a perfect combination. Add in the wonderful setting of Pearlholme, the fabulous residents, the addition of Ness’s parents (her mum is hilarious!!), you get what I call a Perfect Book.

If you hadn’t of guessed, I love this book. The writing style, the characters and their chemistry, the jokes, the romance, the setting, the carousel. Everything. Jaimie Admans had written another spectacular love story. It has also made me want to find the film that is mentioned a lot throughout as well, I hope it lives up to what Ness has made it to be…
I was hooked on this book from the cover.   As a carousel liver and collector of miniature merry go rounds, I loved the cover and the blurb.  Oh how I loved this book! I laughed and cried and loved every page of this sweet, funny romance.  I loved the light mystery woven into the story and I highly recommend this book
The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea by Jaimie Admans is a captivating, funny, sobre and wonderful piece to read. There is no way I can explain how much I enjoyed and how grateful I am to the author, Jaimie Admans, for writing it..
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for the opportunity to read this book in return for a review based on my honest opinion.

I cannot tell you how much I loved this book! I laughed, I cried, I laughed again.  This is a wonderful romantic comedy with a little mystery along with a possible ghost thrown in.  I ended up having to tell my hubby the story because I kept laughing out loud while reading, he thought it sounded like a great idea for a rom-com movie.

I really enjoyed it, our main character, Vanessa has been making eye contact (with a stranger, gasp!) while on the train to a job she hates as a fact checker for a women’s magazine, One day he drops his phone while getting off the train and she scrambles to get it and tries to find him in the crowd to no avail. While telling her BFF about it at work, they get into the phone and are trying to discover what they can about the mystery man. The mystery man (aka train man) calls his phone that night and he just knows that it is her that has it, they have a fantastic conversation, which sets the pace for their relationship and he offhandedly asks her to join him where he is restoring a vintage carousel by the sea, she laughs it off although all she can think of after that is going. She is telling her bff the continuation of the story the next day. her boss overhears and decides she needs to go to Pearlholme and make this a story for the magazine. She jumps at the chance but maybe not for the reason she thinks. From the first moment they see one another, there is a hilarious bout of mishaps and almost kisses, (and lots of ice cream).  Of course no story is complete without drama and the reveal of why she is there is untimely and sends everything in the wrong direction, but of course, it’s a love story, so the ending is sweet and funny and just as it should have been.

I have already bookmarked more of the authors books to read.  This was a wonderful summer weekend road trip read and it left me smiling long after I finished it.
Oh I just fell in love with this book.
Definitely looking forward to more from this author. Just a breath of fresh air. Beautiful love story. Loved the characters!! I can’t say it enough I just loved, loved, loved this book!!!
Great atmosphere as well.
Highly recommend. Thank you again Netgalley.
What a beautiful love story! But also what a complicated love story! What a mess Ness is in thanks to her job and her boss! I loved this story from first to last line! It's the first time I see a story talking about Carousel restoration and this makes this book very unique. I loved everything from the "love at first sight, but I don't know yet I am in love" thing to the lovely atmosphere that is around the lovely village Ness arrives in while looking for the lovely guy she has seen in the train in London and who dropped by accident his smartphone. Lovely story! I recommend it!
This was a delightful feel-good story, with a good set of characters. The book had just the right touch of wit and humour for my taste and the setting was perfect. "The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea" would be a fantastic Summer read if romance is your preferred genre.

I received a complimentary digital copy of this novel, at my own request, from HQ Digital via NetGalley. This review is my own unbiased opinion.
This is definitely my favorite 2019 reads so far!

Hi Miss Jaimie Admans, count me as one of your fans!

I never expected to fall in love with a book, the main character, and the love interest! OMG!

I reread the story a lot and I cannot still stop from smiling. I love the mystery man in the train concept, the exchange of numbers and texts, the exploration of the Pearlholme, the sweet and caring people in the area and the origin of the carousel.

The love story is not a fast flow, there is an attraction that develops into getting to know each other and eventually lead to having real feelings to each other. The sweetness and moments of Ness and Nathan make me giggle, it was not spontaneous which is awesome. No need for sex scenes or too much kissing.

I really hope that there will be an available hardcopy because I will buy one!
I loved loved loved this book, such a wonderful brightening story. The characters were just perfect. I look forward to reading more from this author.
What a lovely feel good book. A mysterious stranger on a train. A spark of attraction. Finally brought together in an idyllic location. Throw I an emotional backstory, an intriguing mystery and a cast of hilarious characters. I loved everything about this book and really hope there might be a sequel. I do love this author's style of writing. Cover is gorgeous too.
What a sweet little confection of a book! The perfect summer read.

Many thanks to NetGalley, the author, and the publisher for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
A perfect summer read
It is joyful, fun and sweet.  This book is just pure joy

Well worth a read
Just a perfect little romance, with the right touch of wit and a mysterious story within the story. I really enjoyed all the feels while reading this over a hot spring weekend.
The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea is the perfect summer read! I smiled all the way through reading it. It was joyful, funny, sweet and absolutely infectious in its happiness!
Seriously... It's pure joy distilled into a couple hundred pages.

Ness is a fact-checker working for a London based magazine. She lives in a horrible flat, hates her commute, dislikes her boss and dreams of something different while being stuck in the mundane day-to-day of her life. She has a smile-thing/major crush going on with an attractive stranger she sees semi-regularly on the tube and one day he drops his phone which she picks up and tries to return to him but doesn't get a chance before he's lost in a crowd.
This sets the scene for a madcap scheme with her annoying boss and pregnant BFF (who works at the magazine) to write a series of articles as Ness tries to track down 'train man'.

Of course, Ness finds train man - who happens to restore carousels - and sets off to return his phone to him (with her boss's approval) in a sleepy seaside village in Yorkshire where he is restoring a mystery carousel.

You can imagine how it all unfolds...
An amazing guy, who is intensely private, falls in love with his train girl only to find out she's in the town under not entirely honest circumstances...
And that's why this isn't a 5 star read, I'm afraid.
All Ness had to do was tell Nate what was going on and everything would have been fine, but she didn't. She lied to him... A lie of omission, perhaps, but still a lie, and the mini-drama that unfolded felt like it was added just for drama's sake diminishing the shine of this book like a storm cloud on a sunny day.
It doesn't ruin the book though.
I loved Nate and Ness, they were perfect for each other. The setting was beautiful, the mystery surrounding the old carousel was captivating and I laughed out loud so many times... A little unnecessary drama can't destroy that.
That's why I whole-heartedly recommend this book if you're looking for a happy pick me up or something to read while chilling in the sunshine.