Cover Image: The God Dare

The God Dare

Have you ever wondered if God had a plan for you?
Or do you struggle with the obstacles of self and life that have hindered you from stepping into fully living them?
Author, Kate Battistelli shares honestly from her own heart and journey and graciously welcomes us to join her as she reveals the discoveries she's had along the way...personal and biblical discoveries that have challenged and inspired me on my own journey to bravely believe and move.

“The whole point of The God Dare is to believe in the impossible, walk by faith and not by sight, and take God at His word in complete trust."
~ Kate Battistelli

This is one dare you need not hesitate to take!

Be Inspired Y'all!
"Abraham was willing and prepared to do anything for God. What about you?"

This book really challenged me, in a good way. Oftentimes, I feel that I am just stuck in my little corner of the world, working hard at my job and being a mama, yet not making much of a difference in this world. When I think of someone following their God dare, I think of people in the Bible such as Moses or Ruth, or current day missionaries, authors, and others who are fulfilling their purpose in a big and noticeable way. However, Kate Batistelli's words encouraged me to realize that we all have a purpose, and God dares to follow, right where we are. Our main God dare should be to live like Jesus, wherever and whatever God has us doing in our lives.

I enjoyed how each chapter ended with scriptures to think about, God Dare Secrets (main points of each chapter), and discussion questions. This is a book that would be nice to go through with a small group.

Some quotes that stuck out to me included:

"If He calls you to it, He will equip you to do it."

"You can be bruised and brave at the same time."

"Faith only becomes real when it's tested."

"As I've said before, God's economy is never wasteful and He never squanders the life training He gives us. He will use everything you've gone through when you trust Him to lead."

"God will use ordinary humans to do extraordinary exploits."

"God is sovereign and He reveals Himself when He takes us through trials."

"I think sometimes God will break you in order to remake you."

I would recommend this book for anyone who needs some encouragement and maybe a friendly kick in rear to move forward in trusting God and following God's plan for their lives.
I struggled through this book. So many others gave such glowing reviews so I am saddened I did not feel the same way.

The author's personal stories were heart touching. The scripture depth was good. I just could not agree to the main concept of the God dare...when it comes about and how it is put into practice.

Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to read an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. All opinions are my own.
This book is full of wisdom and truth.  The author shares the truth of how God uses those of us who are broken yet obedient. She shares her journey in life and encourages others to step outside the box.
So many of us are dreaming and not doing.  We either are following God’s plan for our lives or drifting along wondering what our propose is.
We all are created for a purpose and though most times we think our desires are to big or that we aren’t worthy this book dispels those lies
I love the scriptures and questions at the end of each chapter. It is a book that could easily be used as a Bible study.
Get this book! Read it slowly and take it in.  It might just change your direction.
I received an advanced copy and My own opinion is that I highly recommend it.
The God Dare gave me hope and helped me recognize the God Dares I have already taken, but also the need to continuously be willing to do whatever the Lord calls me to do. Essentially, the God Dare is God calling us to do and be whatever He calls us to do and be! I loved all the Bible stories and their modern connections to us in the 21st Century. Kate’s sharing of her God Dares, her doubts and fears, anxieties, and mistakes in the past made the book easy to relate to. I liked the one- liners such as “choose to be chosen” and “possess your possible” and “God sees us according to our destiny not our history.”
	The summaries at the end of each chapter were helpful as were the discussion questions located there too. The book gave me hope, brought me to tears at times, and reminded me of the years of healing the Lord has already done in my life. It also made me realize that He has more in store for me despite my age and the limits I put on myself. I think this book will benefit a new Christian as well as an experienced Christian. Hopefully, people who are not believers (yet) will pick up this book and recognize the need for including God in the lives they are living independently from Him. It truly made me pray for those who don’t have a relationship with Jesus, because there is no worthy dare to take without taking the God Dare. This is a book that one could read over and over again, and get more out of it each time. Kate is a gifted encourager whose honesty, compassion, and wisdom come through on the pages of The God Dare.
Kate Battistelli’s book left me asking myself “What is God asking me to do?” I could tell that this book was written with such passion. Now I have to decide if I am wanting to follow my “God Dare.” This is a MUST read.
I received an advanced reader copy from the publisher.
When I read these words, I knew this book was worth exploring.
"I’m believing that if you’re reading this book, you’re hungry for His will, for purpose, for destiny. What do we all desire? Significance. Living a life that matters. Leaving behind a legacy leading others to the truth. Look at your dreams. They’re good and righteous, I’m sure. But maybe, just maybe, He has a different path in mind for you, precious one. Maybe your God Dare doesn’t look like you think it should. Don’t forget, He created you before the foundation of the world, and He knows exactly where He wants to take you. It might look different than you think."

And I was right. No matter where you are in life. Whether your in your twenties, or sixties or somewhere in between, Katie's words ring true. In writing about her God Dares, Katie's experiences, examples, and questions, in chapter after chapter, brings wisdom to us all.  And maybe in reading Katie's words, you'll trust the path, He has chosen for you.
(Even though, I received an unedited ebook from NetGalley, this review is strictly my own opinion.)
I've been wrestling with the best way to describe Kate Battistelli's book. It's made a huge difference in my view of live as a believer.

I work in a little shop in our local mall. One of our crafters makes designer cups, and she's been making color changing ones. We have a special light we can shine on the cup to show our customers the unique design.

The cups are gorgeous and one of a kind, but when the light shines it becomes something even more spectacular.

That's what The God Date does. Battistelli takes familiar passages of Scripture and shines a unique light on the verses, giving the Reader a spectacular view of how God dates is to do the unthinkable, unusual, and impossible.

I highly recommend this book!
If you’re stuck in complacency, unmoved by God’s calling on your life, then Kate Battistelli’s "The God Dare" will light a fire under you—not with a match but with a blowtorch. It’s a spiritual I.V. for the faint of heart, with rich, contemporary storytelling about the age-old courage and obedience of biblical heroes. Add in Battistelli’s transparent testimonials from her own path to meaning, and you have an engaging, thought-provoking, and challenging resource for personal growth or group study.

Thank you to NetGalley and Shiloh Run Press for the electronic advanced reader copy.
Excellent book which encourages the reader to think of ways to share God and His love with others. We are chosen by Him and He has a unique plan for each of us. This book is great for discussion groups or to ready by yourself. I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.
Great collection of reminders from the Bible of those who were flawed, yet obedient to the call that God placed upon their lives. I think the target audience for this book seems to be women, as author Kate Battistelli continuously alludes to her own struggles throughout many of the chapters, citing an abortion that later led to infertility and she also speaks about her personal battle with prescription drug abuse, although this is certainly a book that anyone could read and draw inspiration from.

The author was very candid and open about her own story and the book was very scripturally grounded and included numerous verses in each chapter that corresponded to the overall message of the importance of obedience to God. With each chapter concluding with a collection of "God Dare Secrets," and a list of discussion questions, the book is tailor-made for small group studies.
The God Dare is about believing and trusting God that He will do the impossible in our lives if we listen to His still small voice, whether the voice is telling you to do seemingly insignificant things or undeniably big things. Kate candidly shares her own experiences and brings up God’s promises in each of these experiences by showcasing how some characters in the Bible took God Dares and made an impact on the generations to come. As Kate says in her book, “the biggest God Dare of all is… to live like Jesus.”  This is something many Christians can attest to and strive to do. But how? Kate painstakingly shows how we may live like Jesus by relating to God Dares of Joseph, Esther, Abraham, and many others recorded in the Bible. What separates Kate’s book from other similar books is her ability to resurrect Bible characters as if we have just experienced with them and how their experiences can be applied to Kate’s and our own.

I have to admit that I did not enjoy the first few chapters, mainly because I didn’t want to read many of the stories found in the Bible. Little did I know how these stories reaffirmed God’s neverending grace and love for me personally. By half-way through, the love that the Lord bestows on us became so vivid and real to me. This is because it comes from Kate, who has experienced many of life's ups and downs, including the unimaginable pain of abortion. I shed tears of joy sensing God's profound and everlasting love. I got pumped realizing my God Dare. I got chills imagining the people impacted everywhere because each of us, after reading this book, has pledged to take our own God Dare seriously.

This book is a gem; it ignites a fire in you that you never thought you had to pursue God’s will and to be obedient in accomplishing your own God Dare, the impossible, alongside Him. It also gives a solid foundation of the biblical understanding of the importance of our decisions every day. After all, our lives are not insignificant or minuscule in God’s economy, and that He will use our experiences, both good and bad, for good. We need to pay attention to His call to our God Dare.
Note: I received an advanced reader copy from the publisher.
In The God Dare by Kate Battistelli, the author gets very real about faith; rubber meets the road real. Do you have it or don’t you? Is it real or is it just for show? How much are you willing to do to prove your faith?

Battistelli states that we are each here on purpose and for a purpose, though we might not yet know what that purpose is. She believes that God will present each of us with specifically chosen opportunities to be used by Him. Throughout the book, she shows through personal and Biblical stories, multiple examples when people through the ages were presented with a choice by God, and the outcome of those choices when they chose to put their lives, and all their faith and trust in God and His promises and answered the call.

God offers each person opportunities to be chosen. It is up to the individual how to respond. God can use anyone’s life for His purpose, no matter who they are, or what their past has been. Knowing that God will equip you with what you need to accomplish His call, that He knows and loves you like no other, that His vision and plan for you far outreaches anything you could hope for yourself; yet also knowing that you may never understand what you are being called to do, that it may not match your own plans, that it may involve all facing unknown dangers, untold risks, and even death, do you have the faith to answer the call, to trust in the Lord and say “Yes, Lord, send me. Use me”? Do you have the courage to step into the unknown on faith? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

This book offers wisdom, encouragement, and much to think about. Easily readable and very “meaty” at the same time, it would make an excellent Bible study. Five stars from me for the author’s way of getting her message across, bringing it to life, and bringing readers a deeper understanding of God.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Shiloh Run Press for allowing me to read an ARC of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. All opinions are my own. The book is scheduled for publication 6/1/19.
Kate Battistelli brings God back into the mix, which is what so many "self-help" books lack.  Despite our best efforts to be fearless, empowered and successful, apart from God our efforts fall short.  Kate illustrates how, with the help of God and being in His will, we can thrive.
I was aware of Kate Battistelli through a writing group that we are both in called Hope Writers.  I also knew that her daughter is the Christian singer Francesca Battistelli.  So when I saw this book was available on NetGalley to preview I was eager to read it.  Once I began the book I was even more intrigued because Kate and her husband are also trained musicians and she was a successful Broadway performer early in her life.  I am also a trained singer, soloist and theater actress, but at the local amateur level, so her insights into that aspect of her life were especially interesting for me.

The God Dare is about helping the reader understand and believe that God designed each person for a purpose at this time and in this place.  Since my life verse is Romans 8:28, and I totally accept  the sovereignty of God, her premise was very reasonable.  Each chapter includes aspects of Kate's life and a reflection about various Biblical persons and how they confronted their "God dares".  Each chapter also has summaries of the topics in the chapter called Spiritual Secrets and several discussion questions.

This book would be a good read for a small group Bible study.  I received an advanced copy from the publisher on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This book would make a great bible study. When God calls you to do something, sometimes you have to step out of your comfort zone. I really enjoyed this book. Thank you Barbour Publishing via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book. This is my honest opinion.
I love everything about this book! I love the simplicity and the depth, the passion and the peace.  I am challenged and encouraged.  I hope that everyone picks up this book because I believe they will be touched by it as I have been.
Why can't we rate books higher than 5-star?

Kate Battistelli has reached into the bible, her past and real life to produce ''The God Dare.''

This book is forwarded by her daughter, Francesca Battistelli, who is also mentioned several times in the book. (At various ages in life.)

The approach to this book is something I had never considered before. ''God Dare'' has inspired me to start a small group at my church to explore the topic of just what exactly a ''God Dare'' is.

Scripturally backing her concept of ''God Dares'', Kate gives both examples from her life and the Bible. Using well recognised biblical heroes as; Moses, Ruth, Esther, Abraham and even Mary she explains things I never realised before picking up this book!

''God Dare'' is a must for Christians of all ages and in all walks of faith. Everyone can benefit from the wisdom inside the pages.

And if you're not a  Christian, but you're interested in learning more...or even searching for something, this is the book you need to read.

Thank you NetGalley for this book!

Also, where can my church preorder this book for the small group? We need about 30 copies!