A Perfect Lie

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 21 May 2019

One person's destiny is determined by so many others. Hailey has been told what to do her whole life & everything seems perfect. Her father was set to become President but didn't. When Hailey's friend is missing she wants to help find her. The past needs to be looked at to help with the present. I enjoyed this book a lot.
3 1/2 Stars
Hailey Anne Monroe, future first daughter and one of America's favorite sweethearts. She's well groomed, has the right friends and the right education, but there's something missing for Hailey...parts of her memory. She knows she blames herself, she knows her father blames her, but what led to the blame is hazy. Up until now Hailey has done all she can to remain out of the spotlight and be the perfect daughter, but an opportunity to live a little comes and it tips everything off its axis again. When Hailey's friend goes missing it's up to her to locate her missing memories, no matter the cost.

I guess this is a case of it's not you, it's me. I have so many friends who enjoyed this book, it just wasn't my personal favorite from LRJ. I felt like Hailey was a little flat for me, her backbone appeared only at the end and it felt like things just happened. I needed the suspense to feel realistic, to feel like it was something she was fighting against and fearful of, rather than just floating through. Plus, the explanations for some of the events just didn't feel real, it made the book feel like well...completely fictional, rather than being a story that could actually happen. It made it difficult for me to picture, for me to feel in character. I think had the plot been more believable and the pace been a bit faster I would've been more of a fan of it.

While A Perfect Lie was a miss for me, I will remain a one-click fan of Lisa Renee Jones.
Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for allowing me to read A Perfect Lie in exchange for my honest review.

This was a nice easy read.  The storyline kept me engrossed, but I felt some of it was repetitive.  The ending wasn't a huge shocker you could see what was coming.  Overall it was an enjoyable book.
You know what I like about a book of this genre? a mixture of suspense, interesting twists, lies, intrigues and emotions.

Guess what? "A Perfect Lie" has all that and a little more! Hailey is amazing, the flashbacks were very well written and managed to make me so curious that I could not stop reading!

A great book, I tell everyone! Come on, buy it !!
Thanks to NetGalley for the ReadNow option. I really enjoyed this LRJ book, mystery thriller suits her very well. Hailey was the perfect h in every way. When she had to be, she was the perfect model daughter and yet deep inside she stayed true to her passions and wants for the future.  I anticipated the plot but that twist at the end did get me and I loved it.
In this story you meet Hailey Monroe, an artist and daughter to the almost President of the United States. She is caught up in political intrigue, mystery and lies. Now that she knows the truth and everyone is gone she can tell her story. This was a neat little suspense and mind twist. An enjoyable read that I recommend.

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and am leaving a review.
"I've learned to see the glass as half full, not half empty, but most of the time it's still filled with blood."
This book was one of the first I was approved for on Netgalley. To be honest, I requested it because while in my preferred "mystery and thriller" genre I'm not usually a fan of books with a theme of "politics". But the cover was mysterious, and I thought, heck I am embarking on this new journey might as well try some new stuff. And I figured I'd be denied.

While there is some "political" themes, this is for sure not a political book. A Perfect Lie follows the daughter of a presidential candidate who after the death of her best friend, begins to have her life crash around her. She doesn't know what is truth and what is a lie anymore. Her father cares more about his presidential campaign then his daughters well being.

I love Lisa Renee Jones writing style! I think this is one of the books I read the quickest and a lot of that was due to Ms. Jones' writing style. She keeps you engaged, and I really enjoyed that the story was being told by Hailey Anne Monroe. I also really enjoyed the twists and turns the story took. Just when I thought I had it figured out something else would happen.

Thank you to to Lisa Renne Jones, Julie Patra Publishing/Weapenry, and Netgalley for the advanced copy for my Kindle.
This one wasn't for me.  I keep trying to love the author's writing style but sadly it keeps falling short.  dialogue felt relative and story seemed dragged out. I couldn't get fully engaged with the characters or plot.
One of my new favorite books! This author has such a way with words the pages flew by in no time! I can’t wait to see the next work by this author! This was such a joy to read!
"A Perfect Lie"delights with crackling dialogue, true-to-life characters, an intensely paced plot. Completely
  entrancing read !
Loved reading the awesome, suspense story.  Hailey's dad is running for President of the US and expects Hailey to fall in line.  Read the highly recommended, wonderfully written, engaging and captivating, and a must read!
I reviewed a copy of a book through NetGalley.
I love Lisa Renee Jones and all of her books. This book was a whirl wind of mystery, twist and turns, and lots of suspense. You never knew what was going to happen next and most of the time you never knew what was happening at all. She keeps you guessing and sitting on the edge of your seat the whole time. Unfortunately, the end was anti-climactic and all the mystery was easily explained away. Even though the bad guys are eventually caught and we are able to see justice done somethings missing. The build up was huge but the ending fall a little flat. Will this stop my love for her books, NOPE! I love her books and while I wasn't happy with the ending I still loved the rest of the book!
A Perfect Lie is a very well written book, full of suspense, lies, twists and turns, that will make you bite your nails off.
The flashbacks catch your attention since the beginning, and the secrets will drive you crazy!
Hailey's story was very intriguing and kept me guessing (or trying to) what happened all the time.
Great book,  just the way I like it.
I really wanted to love this book but am left feeling disappointed. The story line started out great and I was immediately invested. While not quite a page turner, I definitely was engrossed. However, the dialogue quickly turned repetitive and I found myself skimming a lot. Before I knew it, the story wrapped in what felt like a very hurried ending. Characters that had been introduced as possibly important seemed cast aside or forgotten altogether. This book had potential, but sadly fell short for me in the end.
THE PERFECT LIE by Lisa Renee Jones is very different from any I have read before. There is the narrative from the main character as well as the story that you follow. I loved every page of it.
Secrets. Lies. A man. There's always a man. And there's always a truth to be told.

Hailey Anne Monroe is twenty-eight years old, an artist, who found her muse on the canvas because she wasn’t allowed to have friends or even keep a journal. She is the daughter of Thomas Frank Monroe, the man who was a half-percentage point from becoming President of the United States. If you were able to ask him, he’d probably tell you that Hailey was the half point that kept him from the presidency. Unfortunately, you can’t ask him, and he can’t tell you. He’s dead. They’re all dead and now Haley can finally speak.

A Perfect Lie is a mystery/thriller with political undertones resembling that of House of Cards, in that it uses the seedy, backstabbing nature of politics to paint a picture from the inside. It gives the reader a raw, and eye-opening portrayal of what it is like to live in the public eye, to be constantly under a microscope, and to have your every move scrutinized by, not only the public, but your own family as well.

Lisa Renee Jones does an amazing job of giving you the feeling of a ‘fly on the wall’ in the world of politics, and providing human insight into the shadiness, and underhandedness of what it may be like to be in the family of a political figure.

I empathized with the main character and her inability to be able to trust even the closest of people in her life; to never know if they were truly there for her, or just a parasite leaching off her to further their own political agenda.

I found myself hoping for her happiness, and feeling protective of her as she stumbled through the seemingly never-ending sequence of events in her life. Who could she trust? Who should she trust?

Through surprises and shocking endings, I followed the author’s tale. I was left with a handful of questions at the end, making me wonder if she intentionally left unanswered questions, and is she planning a sequel that will tie this story up with a nice bow. I’m really hoping Jones is planning to continue Haley’s story. It all ended a little too suddenly for me.

Thank you NetGalley, Lisa Renee Jones, and Julie Patra Publishing for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my unbiased review.
4.25 stars.
Secrets and Lies.
A romantic suspense and standalone that was intriguing, plausible with just the perfect amount of mindfu*kery to captivate and enthrall the reader.
I absolutely loved this book with it's many twists and turns.

Part political thriller and part psychological drama, this has to be one of my favorite reads by this author possibly only secondary to her Lilah Love series (a must read duet with more books in the works for 2019).
It alternates between past and current events through a series of flashbacks that give us an insight into Hailey’s state of mind throughout the ongoing story.

Some doors are better left shut. Ironically though, when a door is shut, it is pure human nature to want to open it, even if we need a crowbar to make it happen.
Hailey doesn't flinch about opening that door, she wants answers

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
This book was so good.  I loved the protagonist!  It was full of suspense but there weren't twists at every turn.  You never wonder who the bad guy is because it's known from the beginning and it still works.  the ending did surprise me and I wish Hailey had ended up with someone else but that's just a shipper opinion and not that important of plot point.  I loved how the chapters started out with her giving vague details of what happened.  Overall can't wait to read something else from this author.

I was given a free arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.  Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher.
Talk about a page turner!
I loved it. Even if it starts off slow it picks up its pace and the reader wants to keep reading until we know what happens.
I loved all the twists and turns that came along with the solid plot. Absolutely riveting read
Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader – ☆☆☆☆
M/F Psychological Thriller
Triggers: Murder

Hailey Monroe has lived her life being groomed to be the first daughter. Her father, if you can really even call him that, is a narcissistic idiot who is unlikeable. When Hailey has bouts of blackouts, she's not quite sure what to make of them. But she presses on and pretends that her life is going as planned.

As Hailey's life spins more and more out of her control and more and more into the power and control game that her father likes to play, Hailey learns some hard truths about herself and her dad. But it's when Hailey's best friend is abducted and thought to be dead that things really start to unravel for Hailey. What is happening to her memory? Who is trying to get to her?

Hailey's life is a series of snippets that we are reading. It jumps from past to present and while I normally don't really like these types of books, this one was fairly successful. It was good to see what was and what is, in order to understand the paranoia and worry that Hailey is going through. And while there are a few men in the story, this is not a romance.

It's a book about finding your own happiness in the face of great obstacles. And without giving too much away, I was slightly disappointed in a few incidents towards the end. It left me wanting so much more. But it was a good thriller where you wanted to get to the end and figure out what was happening just as much as Hailey wanted to know.

Veronica – ☆☆☆
This is a psychological thriller full of twists and turns. I really like the way the story is laid out. The start of each chapter has Hailey speaking to us, followed by a trip to the events of the past to tell us the story.

I was easily sucked into Hailey’s world of politics and privilege. I didn’t know who to trust, but I trusted Hailey because she was the one telling the story. The mystery of who did what and why had me eagerly turning the pages. But after the halfway point there is a change in the story. A change of location and a change of pace that had me thinking there weren’t enough pages left for this story to unfold. Disappointingly, I felt like the last portion of the story was rushed and the event skipped over. Even so, still engaged.

As soon as I got to the end of A Perfect Lie I wanted to go back and read it again. Partly because I felt the last chapter was supposed to be some big reveal and no matter how many times I read it, I feel like I missed something, something important. Overall though, I really enjoyed reading A Perfect Lie and if you like twisty stories, I think you’ll enjoy this one, I did.