Cover Image: Work It, Girl: Oprah Winfrey

Work It, Girl: Oprah Winfrey

This is one of two books in what I expect will be a series, of how women who seem to have it all, now, started out. How they overcame all that life threw at them, and went on to rule. The other book is about J.K Rowling. This one, about Oprah, falls the same path.

Also the same, are the illustrations, which are fantastic, done with cut paper.

This is a good way to introduce young readers to biographies that are about contemporary people.

Thanks to Netgalley for making this book available for an honest review.
A good book with unique pictures.  Lots of detailed information about an inspirational woman!  I like that this book goes in depth - definitely meant for upper elementary aged children and up.
A book about a woman who changed the way for females everywhere. This is a great book for young people, the information is in depth but very easy to understand. This was a great read and as an adult even I enjoyed it.
A sweet and charming little book about one of the most important figures of recent history. I can't wait for little girls to read these books and realise just how incredible women can be and that they can be anything they want to be.
I particularly liked this book as it is written with a good depth of detail which is ideal for upper KS2 classes. The chaptered format makes it a longer, more engaging read and the papercut style of illustrations are visually attractive too.
Another in the series of influential, strong and powerful women. A great inspiration and her story will encourage many others. A great book for teaching kids about the wonderful women we have that inspire us and help change the world

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Another stunning edition and biography. Oprah is an inspiration and this book brings her difficult and important life to the next generation:
The message is clear, the illustrations stunning and a must read for any young one in your life.