Handle with Care

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Aug 2019

Ex marine Evan finds himself working for his family’s moving company. Little did he know it would provide as much excitement as his previous job.  He first meets Kenzie while she is wielding a knife and falls for her. Kenzie is single handedly raising her teenage brother, trying to keep him out of trouble.  She has no time for romance. Until Evan comes along.

I hadn’t read the previous books in this series. I really enjoyed the banter.
It's not a secret that I'm a huge fan of Marie Harte and I always look forward to her new books, especially in a series that I really enjoy!

Handle with Care is the third book in the Veteran Movers series and this is Evan's story.  I thoroughly enjoyed this read but have to admit it's not my favourite of the three to date.

Evan Griffith is a truly great guy. Loyal, caring and thoughtful he's always there for friends and family. He's suffered heartbreak in the past so isn't looking for a relationship (much to his mothers vexation!), that's until he meets Kenzie Sykes during on of the Vets on the Go! moving jobs.

Kenzie was a good character but god's, she drove me round the twist..... I actually wanted to shout at Evan to move on and find someone worthy of him as she was so hot and cold with him. I got that she'd been hurt in the past and that she worried about the impact on her brother Daniel if she was in a relationship, but lordy, it was like she couldn't see what a good guy Evan was and seemed unwilling to take a chance in him and get on with her life for too long.

This pair were perfect for each other and it was good to see Kenzie finally moving past her fears. I loved reading about Evan and Daniel's growing friendship. The boy was clever, too clever for his own good at times, and Evan was a really good influence on the teen.

As always, it's great to catch up with favourite characters from previous books and find out more about characters who I'm hoping are gonna tell their own tale - Smith especially!!!  I really did enjoy the read, it had humour, heat, fun and feels but I hate to admit that at times I found it a little slow and Kenzie really did play on my nerves more than a little.

I'm giving Handle with Care 4*.
I wanted to love this story, I truly did because in the past I have loved this author’s work immensely and while the first book in this series was a bit of a miss for me, the second book was better, this one falls somewhere in the middle. As I read this book, I kept thinking that this author’s normal voice is missing from this series. While the stories are okay, they are lacking the sweetness, the intensity between the hero and heroine, and for the most part the fun that I’ve come to expect.

Kenzie along with her two best friends run a graphic design firm. Kenzie has been her brother’s guardian since her parents died when she was 18 and her brother was 2. They are a team, a package deal and her fiancé left her when she put her brother first, because of that experience she’s been jaded against dating and men in general, not only because she doesn’t want the heartbreak, she’s worried what it will do to Daniel.  Then Evan shows up to move her friend and all bets are off, she is instantly attracted and the feeling is mutual.

One thing Evan realizes as he’s filling in as a mover while his cousin recovers from an injury is people can be crazy. When he encounters a teenager who steals his phone, the teenager’s “mom” who is wielding a knife but who grabs his attention in so many ways, and her crazy friends he begins to see that moving people can be entertaining and a bit crazy. Working for an accounting firm for years was stressful, almost as stressful as being a Marine, but he likes working using his body more physically and getting to know the people who work for the company he’s a partner in.

I really loved Evan and his even temperament; he’s a good son, cousin, and friend. I especially loved watching him try and get through his co-worker and suspected cousin Smith’s skin. I enjoyed seeing him fall easily into a big brother/pseudo dad role with Daniel and the mutual respect between them. While it was obvious he was a bit stressed about what was going on with his mom as it all came out, he took it in stride and was more concerned about her happiness than anything. As for his relationship with Kenzie…this is where I had some issues. I felt he went above and beyond and she was always pushing him way because of what happened to her in the past. For a long time she didn’t judge him on his merits and honestly, he was too nice about that; he should have been angry, he should have put his foot down so his passiveness in that area bugged me. I wanted her to be as good to him as he was to her and sadly that didn’t happen until very late in this book which wasn’t enough for me.

I did love how Evan had a relationship with Daniel outside of his relationship with Kenzie, to me that should have shown her even if something were to happen between them he wasn’t going to abandon the bond he had with Daniel, but she didn’t see that.

While I did enjoy the story, I felt it lacked a certain sparkle to make it exceptional. It was a good story, but I needed more time with them truly together, not sneaking around. While there is nothing wrong with this series, it just isn’t memorable like Ms. Harte’s previous series which for me as a reader is disappointing.
This wasn't my favorite by Marie Harte, but it was still a great story. Evan was a sweet guy with the patience of a saint. And Kenzie was a strong character (not a weak and annoying female).
Definitely have to read the rest of the series.
Evan is such a sweet guy, he is always helping others and yet, if it wasn't for the side characters he would appear on the boring side. He never dates let alone sleeps around, but his past isn't rainbows. Kenzie is crazy and so much fun, her and her two best friends are a blast to read about.

The first time Evan saw Kenzie he felt something and it was enjoyable. And then throw her brother in the mix messing with her, oh my goodness was that so so funny. I love Daniel. And I love that he enjoys Evan and they get along well. Kenzie isn't sure she can date again after her ex and since she is raising Daniel it really affects her, but sometimes you just can't help how you feel.

This is the first book I have read in this series, and I did not feel even the slightest bit lost, but I do want to get to know the other guys. I loved them and I love Kenzie's friends and Daniel. This book was hard to put down as it really kept my attention throughout the book. The characters have a lot of depth and their friends/family give us more insight into them as well. Told in dual POV, it really sucks you in and you fall in love with these characters.
I didn’t know this was part of a series but even then I enjoyed the characters and the story. I don't necessarily want to go back for the ones that I missed, but I will read this series going forward.
Marie Harte hits it out of the park as always!  Her combination of humor with steamy romance and a solid storyling is suberb!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED this book. Evan and Kenzie make a wonderful couple, and I thouroughly enjoyed the banter between them. A great third book in a fun trilogy.
Seamless.

Easy to jump into. I fell in love with the characters. Both of these characters had pasts and broken hearts.

I loved seeing them come together. And the other characters. The family and friends. I am not going to say more about it. But they were hilarious. A bit of comedy, sizzling chemistry, friendship.
Love these characters, super cute storyline, I’d love to read about the other characters too. I love a story where you want to be in their circle of friends — doesn’t hurt that all the guys are hot and built! Brother and sister duo meets guy who seems open to the package deal but there is so much baggage on both sides. Will it work out? Read to find out!
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

This is the 3rd book of the series. It was far more laid back than the others but it brought such a sweet story line.
Evan was definitely the guy. Caring, sexy and charming. He met Kenzie and her wild friends while helping moving out her best friend. Add in Kenzie's younger brother who stole his phone and Evan's life would never be the same. It was a great read and I enjoyed the story.
I received this from Netgalley for an honest review. I gave this book a 2/5 stars. I had a feeling I would either love this one or hate it and sadly I just didn't like it. I felt as though the love interest was boring and just not my favorite and that the main character was kind of annoying at times. Overall I didn't care for either of them.
I have voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this title given to me via NetGalley. This was just a wonderful book to read and it was just easy to lose yourself in the story. I can’t wait to read more from this author.
I really tried to like this book. I really did. I had quite a few issues with this one.
It was suuuuuuper long and for no reason, because it was loaded with so much filler content that didn’t push the story forward or aid in character development.
Some of the side characters were alright, but most were unbearably over the top. To the point wehete they weren’t at all funny, just annoying.

Okay, some positives. The hero was a really great guy who took care of those he loved. I liked seeing a softer side to a lead male character.
The heroine was alright, though there was nothing that really had me connecting to her.
And that’s what it boils down to, I just didn’t feel the connection between them, therefore I just didn’t care one way or the other about the story.

I strongly dislike writing negative reviews, but I can’t say I liked something when I didn’t.
2.5 Stars / 1 Steam Fan

I went into this hoping that it would be better than the other book that I read in the series, well I was wrong! Once again I had the feeling that I needed to read the first book in the series to understand some of the dynamics but at the same time the lack of focus on Evan and Kenzie really threw me out of the story. I never felt connected to either characters and just wanted the story to be over.

This specific video review will be included in the September 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
I've read the previous books in this series and have enjoyed them all. I was excited to finally read the accountant cousin's HEA. Like the other books, the author's writing chops shine through. The dialogue is witty and the characters' personalities are clearly defined. Yet, this one just didn't click for me and is my least favorite of the bunch. It began with a slow start for me and while good, didn't blow me away.

If you're the sort of reader who likes to finish out a series, reading this one is a no-brainer. If not, I'd recommend reading the Kindle sample first. If you like it, you'll probably like the book.

HANDLE WITH CARE by Marie Harte is a wonderful contemporary romance!  Great read for a stay at home afternoon.  Marie Harte is definitely an author I look forward to reading.  You can always count on a good story!
Handle With Care finished the Veteran's Movers series well. Marie Harte's superb character profiles are what make this series come alive.  handle with care could stand alone, but the secondary characters that people the series are so interesting and engaging, that most readers will find themselves going back for the rest of the books.  It's a solid gentle romance with a predictable happily ever after, but sometimes that is exactly what I'm looking for in a romance.
3.5
I received my copy through NetGalley under no obligation.
Love, loved, loved this book. I'm enjoyed all the books in this series, but this might be my favorite. Kenzie and her "family" are a hoot and Evan almost seems to good to be true. While Evan seemed to fall in love with Kenzie quickly, it was just his way and seemed natural. I loved how he included Kenzie's brother in his life/love. This side characters brought fun and laughter to this sexy romance.
I've seen this author's name around -- book stores, libraries -- and managed to grab a copy from NetGalley. However, I didn't quite figure I was coming mid-way into a series with characters already established, despite saying it's a standalone.

It was so jam packed at the beginning, I actually ditched this to read another romance and a non-fiction book. I reluctantly picked back up on this one as I waited over the weekend to get a "real" book at the library after the weekend slump, but once I got to Chapter 4 (yup, I ditched this book ~Chapter 2 'cuz it was that weird and painful), I managed to finally get through the learning hump and finally finish this book.

Here's what contributed to this being a just ok read for me:

I suspect all the characters by this author are meant to be quirky and neurotic. I could see this being a bit annoying for some readers. This author also loves layering on the dialogue. There were plenty of times where I skipped over lines or wanted to skip because the patter was getting to be too much. And speaking of "too much," I felt this story could've been shorter than it was. The conflict was stretched out and I would've liked to see things more tightened up.