One Fine Cowboy

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Aug 2019

Beautifully written, heartwarming, sexy, fun and engaging romantic journey that had me glued to my e-reader from beginning to end.... really enjoyed all the fun interesting charters, witty banter and undeniable passion. Excellent reading experience!
ONE FINE COWBOY is an engaging story that will have you grinding your teeth, laughing out loud, and wondering at the cluelessness of the male of the species. Yep, all of that in one story. Just a note: this story was originally published in 2010, now I didn’t read it back then so I’ve no clue if anything has changed. Just an FYI to check your bookshelves ‘cos I hate to rebuy a book I already have and assume that you feel the same way.

It took me a while to warm up to Charlie, for me she seems to have a chip on her shoulder that could rival a boulder. She has certain ideas and she’s not going to change any of them easily. Nate is not so much taciturn, in my opinion, but shy and done wrong by a woman who is still yanking his chain so I get why he’s the silent type now. True he doesn’t communicate more than he absolutely has to, but when he speaks it’s worth the wait.

ONE FINE COWBOY gives us a villainess to loathe and that is probably an understatement. It is extremely easy to hate Nate’s ex, and I don’t normally use “hate” in a review. But a woman who would heartlessly do the things she does, yeah loathe and hate are good words to describe her.

I’ve enjoyed this series, and I’ll definitely pick up the rest. If you love a good romance with seemingly opposites finding their way to a happy ending then you’ll enjoy this story and series. I’d not hesitate to recommend ONE FINE COWBOY, and I had a blast in this world once again.

*I received an e-ARC of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley. That does not change what I think of this story. It is my choice to leave a review giving my personal opinion about this book.*
One Fine Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy was an excellent story.  I love this author and she never disappoints her readers.  I enjoyed the interaction between Nate and Charlie.  They were both so different but in the end that did not seem to matter.  I loved all the secondary characters through out the book.  This book was great and I recommend it.  I am looking forward to reading more from Joanne Kennedy.
I received an advanced copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
Good city girl/country boy romance. Charlie is a psychology grad student from New Jersey. She has a Plan for her life - finish school, get a good job, then look at the possibility of a relationship. She's not especially happy to be sent to the wilds of Wyoming to do a research project on “assessing the parallels between the training techniques of Western livestock managers and the nonverbal cues with which humans communicate their wants and needs.” That means dealing with cowboys, whom she considers the lowest of the low. As a card-carrying member of PETA, she believes them animal abusers of the worst kind. But she has no choice, and off she goes, only to have her car break down miles from the ranch house. Lucky for her, she's rescued by the "horse whisperer" himself. But there's quite a shock waiting for her.

Nate is surprised to have this city girl show up for a seminar that he has no idea he's giving. It's all he can do these days to stay focused on making ends meet so that he doesn't lose the ranch he loves. It turns out that his ex-girlfriend sent out flyers advertising the seminar, took deposits, and then took off with the money, plus everything in their checking and savings accounts. Nate is flat broke and isn't sure he can come up with the money to feed the incoming "students," much less refund their deposits.

The first meeting between Charlie and Nate was interesting. She's got a pretty big chip on her shoulder about men in general and cowboys in particular, and she is free with her opinions on both. Nate was blindsided by the whole seminar thing and isn't particularly welcoming. The sparks fly between them when she jumps to conclusions about his training methods. She'd like nothing more than to leave, but with her car out of commission and no chance of a refund on the seminar, she's stuck there. Charlie's rough edges soften a bit when she meets some of the horses, and her love of animals comes to the fore. I loved the scene with Junior and how quickly she connected with him, and Nate's surprise that it happened at all.

I liked the development of their relationship. It is very much an opposites attract at first. Charlie is outgoing and blunt, and about as independent as could be. Nate is quiet, shy, and more than a bit grumpy thanks to circumstances. The attraction between them is strong, but both try to fight it. Charlie has her plans and doesn't intend to let anything distract her. Nate is just trying to keep it all together. Charlie feels bad for Nate, especially when the other three students arrive, and finds herself wanting to help him. The more time they spend together, the more they find they have in common. The attraction also burns hotter each day. I felt a little sorry for Nate as he frequently found himself tongue-tied around Charlie, though his looks were far more eloquent. He ultimately won me over when his daughter Sam arrived, and his evident love for her showed a different side to him. I also liked seeing him in his element with the horses, and his ability to make his students understand. It was obvious that Nate was falling hard for Charlie. Though he dreams of something bigger between them, he doesn't believe it could happen. Charlie falls just as hard but pushes him away even harder. She has her plans and fights her desire to change them.

Things get complicated when Nate's ex arrives back on the ranch. Sandi is a piece of work and knows exactly how to manipulate Nate to get what she wants. I got very frustrated with Nate and the way he let her bully him into doing what she wanted. Charlie saw Sandi for what she was. I ached for Nate when Sandi started in on her demands and threats and wanted him to push back. It took an intervention from Charlie and fellow student Doris for Nate to see what was happening and find his backbone. I did like the final solution, and the epilogue was great.

The secondary characters of the other three students were great. Doris was an older lady, a rancher who was still interested in learning more about horses. She is practical, a bit blunt, and ends up almost like a mother figure to Charlie and Nate. She had very definite matchmaking tendencies, and it was fun to see her try to nudge the two together. Phaedra is the goth teenager with some serious daddy issues. She isn't all that happy to be there at first, and there are some pretty difficult scenes as she settles in. I liked how she and Charlie connected and the difference that Charlie made in her outlook. The last arrival was Phaedra's dad, a movie star who hasn't seen her in ten years. Taylor turned out to be a nicer guy than I expected, with more behind his issues than first suspected. He was more down-to-earth than I expected and I liked his growing friendship with Nate.
A very interesting and lovely story. It was so touching and so comical at the same time.  What a great writer.
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

I really had  a hard time liking Charlie at the beginning, she overreacted, kind of judgmental, and totally stuck on the plan that her mother outlined for her and there was NO deviating from that PLAN.  Nate was mu;ch more likable but at times, I just wanted him to quit being so agreeable and fight back.  Great evil ex-girlfriend for the plot and lovable sidekicks to help them as they had a long road to get to their HEA.

At times, I was not sure if they were going to get past their problems to find a compromise.  As the story progressed, I did like that Charlie was there to help Nate and Sam but she did tend to get distracted and angry and let Sandi push her buttons.

Nice how they wrapped up the book and things worked out for all of them, even Sandi.
The story centers around Nate Shawcross and Charlie Banks.
Nate is a rancher who works with wild horses. His girlfriend left and took his money, and someone close to him. He’s not only struggling with the ranch but figuring out what he’ll be doing next. Charlie, a psychology grad student has signed up for a workshop with “the horse whisperer”.  But surprise , surprise, there is no workshop, the ex-girlfriend was the one that set it up, and took the money. Add to that the fact that the ranch is barely livable.
Charlie plans to leave , finish her degree and find a purpose in her work, but she’s drawn to Nate and as more individuals show up for the workshop, she ends up helping Nate with the guests. That is until the ex comes back making demands.
The plot was ok, and I am sorry to say that I never warmed up to either character. Not a bad story, but nothing special.
I was entrusted a copy of this book by Netgalley. The opinions expressed are solely my own.
One Fine Cowboy is fun and entertaining from the first page to the last.  There are plenty of laughs, drama, excitement, and romance to enjoy in this story including sexy cowboys, horses, nosy friends, an overbearing mother, a bitter ex, and plenty of chemistry.  The story started a little slow and I struggled to really like Charlie but overall with all the added extras in the storyline it was a good read.

*I received an ARC through NetGalley and I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
This cowboy romance was actually a really fun ride! I enjoyed the chemistry between Nate and Charlie a lot. They really fell into that opposites attract roll perfectly. Their chemistry was electric from the beginning. The angle of Sandi running off with all of Nate's money ended up being quite interesting. This book kept me guessing, and it had some good steam to it as well.
The Wrangler Butt jokes were pretty fun also! 😉
I really enjoy reading Cowboy romances and One Fine Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy was a really enjoyable read for me. I just loved "horse whisperer" hero Nate Shawcross. I had to warm up to heroine Charlie Banks but then I really liked her. The storyline in this book was smooth and easy to read. This was a fun book to read.
Charlie is from up North. she is looking for a Wyoming ranch when she has a flat tire.She is rescued by a cowboy Nate . Charlie is a psych student and doing research on the ranch horse whispering.I liked Charlie despite the no meat eating ,agaisnt horse back riding ideals.The cowboy is surprised by his ex’s horse lessons idea and wasn’t expecting Charlie or the others.I liked Nate’s easy going nature better then charlie.when Nate’s ex left she cleared out the accounts and now he is at risk of loading the ranch.with Charlie’s car in shop her instructor is wanting the deposit back before she leaves so she is stuck with Nate with stalemate in their relationship. I liked the chemistry between Charlie and Nate
One Fine Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy is a steamy western romance that is sure to take your breath away. The second book in the Acquainted with the Night series with rough, tough and devastatingly sexy cowboys and the woman who manage to catch their eye and steal their hearts.  One Fine Cowboy is well written that if you close your eyes you can see the sunset and feel the wind on your cheeks. The characters are vividly realistic and relatable making  you fall in love with them when you first meet.  One Fine Cowboy is a well written, easy to read and enjoyable romance,
An okay read.   Charlie irritated me for about 95% of the book. I found myself skimming through the middle part of the book.  I did enjoy the resolution of the story.
Author: Joanne Kennedy
Genre: Western / Romance
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: 27th August 2019
Rating: 2/5 stars ✨

**I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thanks goes out to the author and publicity team for the copy and this in no way affects my opinion of the book.**

One Fine Cowboy is the newest instalment from Joanne Kennedy. It’s a forced proximity romance set in wyoming and following the story of Charlie, a post grad student from the city and a lone cowboy named Nate. After a hoax advertisement gets Charlie sent by her university to a Ranch in the middle of Wyoming, she winds up stuck with no car, no money and the company of a handsome rancher who just wanted to be left alone. Sparks fly, as they will do, and it’s got all the makings of an adorable contemporary western romance.

But.....

Sadly, I just couldn’t get into the story. I kept reading on and on and hoping it would just fall into place for me once I got further in but it was in vain. By the end I felt like I’d wasted the last 48hrs of my life forcing myself through a book I just wasn’t enjoying. At all. The characters seemed ... odd at best. Nate being a semi decent character until you realise he isn’t withdrawn and damaged like his personality suggests so what’s up with his weird attitude? And Charlie.... well, I don’t even know where to begin. She didn’t seem to fit the book at all.

I think the plot had great strength but the characters just really let the book down and ruined the story and enjoyment for me.
Sooo I the title is correct One fine cowboy, but the female character total brat, totally annoying, I couldn't anymore I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but she got more annoying and I could not see what Nate would have been attracted to her besides physically and since his ex was just as horrible or more so I was unhappy that he had apparently had not learned his lesson so he lost some points with me there. The story could have gone so much better if these woman behaved better. Not a horrid story, just the woman.
ONE FINE COWBOY by Joanne Kennedy is a fun, contemporary small town romance.  A single Dad and a big city graduate student discover each other.  I couldn't put this book down!  I found myself laughing out loud while reading this story!
3 1/2 Star Review.....

One Fine Cowboy is the second book in Joanne Kennedy’s Acquainted with the Night series and was a well written, easy to read and enjoyable romance. I liked the character development and the plot was interesting without being over the top. It did start out a little slow, but kept me intrigued enough to want to finish. I’ll definitely continue this series and look forward to what’s to come.
It was really hard at first for me to get into this book. I could not stand the female character she made my skin crawl and was just so annoying. Meanwhile there was totally likable male who I just couldn’t see with this obnoxious woman. I really considered putting it down for a bit. But I hate to not finish a book so I pushed on through and was so glad to find the female ease up and become a bit more likable in the end to where I could agree with the relationship.

The interesting thing about the book was the extremely irritating female characters that you can’t stand, it’s not often that that’s the case. Both Nate’s ex and Charlie have some severe hang ups that annoyed me endlessly but it was nice to have a change in the typical and to have such strong emotions about a character.

I loved the setting, the ranch seemed like such a welcoming place and the side characters added a whole lot of interest that kept me reading even through my annoyance.
Good contemporary western romance! I loved the setting for this book. Charlie and Nate were fun to get to know and see them fall for each other. Nice chemistry. I would recommend!
Ms. Kennedy did too good a job of making me hate the villain, Nate's ex girlfriend. Over and over again she reaffirms that she is the wrong person for Nate. Which just proves how perfect Charlie is for him and the ranch.