Cover Image: Love on Lexington Avenue

Love on Lexington Avenue

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to read/review this book due to other commitments.  I will certainly update this review if/when I have the chance to read the book.  Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy.
This books has one of the best beginnings I've read in a while. We see three women running away from a funeral to meet in Central Park. The only thing they have in common is that they were lied to by their husband/boyfriends, and now they have to grieve and move on from his lies.
What could've been an incredibly depressing book turns into hope for another chance at happiness and finding your own feet when your future turns out differently than expected. I mostly loved the friendships in this book but the cute contractor with a dog was a close second! I wouldn't say this is enemies to lovers but it is definitely antagonistic in the beginning which adds something different that your typical hate to love romance novel.
**4.5 Stars**

A gruff and grumpy hero jaded to love and a widow who is still dealing with the complicated aftermath of her crappy husband’s death, both stuck together through a home renovation project in NYC?? Um. Yes please. I’ve read almost every single book Lauren Layne has ever written and she still manages to surprise me with her fun plots and relatable characters.

The first book in this series didn’t really work for me, so I was a little hesitant diving into book two, but I shouldn’t have worried for a second. This is one of my new favorite Lauren Layne books, and that’s saying a lot because many of her books are on my favorite contemporary romance reads list.

Claire and Scott were both complex, interesting and fun to read about as individuals, but together, they were explosive! The banter made me laugh out loud and root for them to finally get together. I enjoyed that the obstacles between them were more than just the “do I like her, do I not”. They both knew they liked each other, once they got over their sniping, but they still had other obstacles to overcome other than mutual chemistry.

As with most LL books, she does a great job of getting me to relate to characters I have absolutely nothing in common with. Their lives, careers, and personalities were so different than my own, but I felt like I knew them and enjoyed living in their crazy and glamorous NYC lives. I especially enjoyed following Claire as she retook ownership of her life and worked to establish her life after the death of her husband.

I can’t say Scott’s occasionally hypocritical attitude always hit me quite the right way, but he absolutely made up for it by the end. Plus, Claire threw him for a loop! He was just a little slow on the uptake.

Overall, this book was exactly what I needed. It’s light and fun and easy to read in a day or two. I can’t wait to read the last book in this series, although I really don’t want to leave this fun world Layne has created!

**I received an ARC of this book in order to provide an honest review**
I enjoyed Passion on Park Avenue so much that I could not wait to get into Clare's story.

In an effort to move on from the death of philandering husband, Clare decides to renovate the home they shared.             Scott comes recommended from the fiance of her one of her husband's girlfriends, who is now one of her best friends.  Scott is use to major projects, skyscrapers, offices, etc.  Clare's project is a nice change for him.

While the two develop a relationship, it is clear that it may not be permanent.

Although I didn't enjoy this nearly as much as the first book in the series, I liked Clare's story. From the beginning of the book, it felt like she might be the weakest of the trio, but she didn't faltered when things with Scott broke down.  I enjoyed her development.

Overall, it was a good read. I continue to enjoy this series.
Oh man I loved this book! Such a perfect rom com. Yes it was predictable but it was so sweet and I was super invested in these characters. Can't wait to read the rest in this series.
The best part about this book was the banter between Claire and Scott. But I was not a fan of Claire not having a job, or any purpose in life, and could not relate to her whatsoever.
This book was just what I needed to lighten up my mood.  I love this series.  I love that even though these are romance novels, that the premise is friendship and girl power.  Woman who are seeing each other through a really dark time.

I would have liked more steamy scenes.  This second book in the series was lacking a bit of heat.

I can't wait for the third!
Thank you netgalley and publisher for the early copy.

I decided to put down this series and won't be returning to it.
For some reason I wasn’t excited for Claire’s book and so I kept putting it off and putting it off. The third book just released so I decided that I should just go ahead and take the plunge. Clearly my instincts were off this time because I ended up really liking Claire.

I enjoyed the sexual attraction disguised as annoyance and dislike that Claire and Scott had going on. This was a slow burn kind of romance that I really can get into. I just love the build-up. The will they or won’t they? Even know we all know they totally will!

Both Claire and Scott’s baggage from their exes created a dynamic between them that was both believable and understandable. My favorite thing outside of the romance between them was seeing Claire find herself little by little with the help of her friends and Scott, even if he was pushy about certain things with her. She definitely needed that push.

I’m excited to read Audrey and Clarke’s story next!
Special thanks to Lauren Layne, Gallery Books & Lisa Filipe for providing our copy in exchange for an honest & fair review.

As soon as I finished reading Passion on Park Avenue, I ran to download Love on Lexington to the Kindle. I want each of these women to get her HEA & I can't wait to hear how Claire's story ends. I can't wait to continue with the Central park Pact series.

It's important to note that I think each of these books can be read as a standalone, but why? Each novel in this series is less than 300 pages. Every book is so enjoyable & focuses on each of the women. Trust me, you'll want to hear from all of them!

Love on Lexington focuses on recently widowed, Claire. While remodeling her place, she really delves into some of the heartache caused by her deceased spouse. That's one thing I love about this series. The covers are so cute & the friendships are so special. Yet, each book dives into some heavy subject matter without making the narrative too solemn.

I really liked Love on Lexington! The romance is sweet, tender & believable. Can't wait to move on to Marriage on Madison.
I am obsessed with the ladies this series is about. If you haven't read book one yet, I highly recommend you do, but you don't have to in order to get into this book. This book gives you plenty of the backstory in order for you to fall for these ladies.

Claire, Audrey and Naomi all meet at Claire's husband's funeral. They find out he was actually dating all three of them and they form an unlikely bond and friendship. I love them so much!!!

In this book we're about a year after the husband's death and Claire is ready to move on with her life. I loved that this book was about her taking charge of her life and finding her purpose again.

The book has a sexy/sweet/slightly snarky combination that I've come to associate with Lauren Layne. Her books are just super fun to read and highly bingeable.

The love interest in this story is Scott and I loved him so much. He's a grumpy contractor with commitment issues and an adorable dog. Scott and his dog worm their way into Claire's life while he renovates her home.

I loved that she found things that she'd never found appealing before, appealing in him and the way that he gave her what she wanted and needed and gave her room to figure out what that was.

This was a super fun read and I'm excited for Audrey's book!
This I give a solid 4 and I’m super stoked for Audrey’s HEA now!

I don’t know if it was because I was already familiar with the world and characters or because I just liked/related to Claire better than I did Naomi - but I enjoyed Love on Lexington Avenue more than Passion on Park Avenue almost immediately. From the way that Claire wanted to find herself again and the way that it affected her choices, to the stage in life that she’s in - it was just really easy for me to get into her headspace and I consumed this story like it was air. I’m a fan of gruff heroes and not only do we get that with Scott, we also discover (with Claire) that he is far more (and better) than meets the eye. Seeing them both deal and overcome betrayal and learn to move on is a completely cathartic experience. I just wish we got a little more heat. I also know that that’s going to bug me when I get to Audrey’s book, especially since we’ve been prepping for this coupling since book one. I’m still so ready for it :) 4 outo f 5 wine glasses.
This book was so cute! Grabbed the other two in the series instantly! Love that it’s a simple love story and is sweet and predictable- exactly what I love about romance!
I love this author.
She knows how to write the perfect combination of romance, humor and a woman finding herself.

So when I saw that this book, I immediately requested.

And I adored it.
Honestly if you like light romantic comedies this author is definitely for you.
I received an advance digital copy of this book from the author, publisher and Netgalley.com. Thanks to all for the opportunity to read and review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.

This book is, in a word, adorable. A quick, fun read about finding love where you least expect it.

5 out of 5 stars. Recommend reading for snowy days.
Love on Lexington Avenue is the second book in the Central Park Pact series by Lauren Layne. The series is focused on three women who found at a man's funeral that we all involved with him at the same time. The heroine of this book was his wife.

I know that the book is supposed to be more about Claire rediscovering who she is, but did she have to date and kiss other men for the first 2/3 of the book? Besides the "Click Lit" the book is also categorized as romance and it ain't romance if the "hero" of the novel is helping her dress for a date with another man. Honestly, Claire should have focused more on the kind of person she wanted to be. Or find a profession. She was living from her husband's paycheck and then his insurance and she didn't really have a life before the story began. She was plainer than vanilla. No hobbies, no friends, nothing. We didn't even know what her favorite color was because she got a weird obsession with pink until she had a confrontation with Scott. Claire's character was not a favorite of mine. I disliked her a lot and she was not the kind of person I would want in my life. I appreciate that this book is about her growth as a character, but I am still not 100% sold on her. Scott had as much development as her in a shorter time.
***ARC Provided by the Piblisher via NetGalley***

4.5 Stars

This was my favorite book in the series. I loved Claire and I loved the dynamic she had with Scott. I loved watching her come into herself, to learn what did and didn't matter, and to figure out who she is, after the marriage and because of what happened.

Of all of the women, she is the one that Brayden could have broken the most, and she is the one who was betrayed by him, and the one who married him. Yes, Audrey and Naomi were also betrayed, but Brayden hadn't made promises, taken vows, with either of them...so, it's different, I think.

So, watching her find her way to be with Scott, to fall in love with him and to open herself up to love (and strawberry lemonade) was a lot of fun. It was also very affirming. This book was believable because I honestly believe that Claire, and anyone in that situation, would be able to come back from something like this...but it would take determination, and willingness, and friends.

The book, like the rest of the series, is fade to black, although there was some light description of some of their sexual encounters so that made this one feel a little different than the others, although this was not why I liked this one the most. Really.

I enjoyed and recommend this title.
On the day of Brayden Hayes’ funeral, three women who knew him intimately meet in Central Park: the wife, the mistress, and the girlfriend. They didn’t know of each other before his death, but form a strong bond post-mortem. The result? A pact that they will protect each other from any more womanizers. In Book Two of the Central Park Pact series, we get to know Claire Hayes, the widow. A year after her husband’s death, she takes a hard look at her life and realizes that it’s boring vanilla. So, the first step towards adding color and vitality is to renovate her dated brownstone and purge it of every reminder of her late husband. Scott Turner, a sexy, gruff, ill-mannered contractor, is doing his friend a favor, agreeing to meet with Claire. When he sees the challenge in front of him and a woman who intrigues him, he takes the job. It’s a refreshing change from his typical corporate and high-end hotels jobs, even if he has to tolerate a spoiled, damaged debutante. As he transforms the house and she makes over herself, their skittishness and sniping morph into respect and then undeniable chemistry laced with a healthy dose of witty, snarky banter. Layne is a queen of contemporary, sexy, steamy romances set in New York City. She injects just enough conflict and tension to keep us guessing, but the bumpy road to HEA is so worth the trip. Stay tuned for Book Three in which Audrey, “the girlfriend”, may finally realize that her Prince Charming is right under her nose.

I received a complimentary ARC of this book from Gallery Books through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Opinions expressed are completely my own.
Claire finally meets her match after the horrible debacle of her marriage. Scott is pretty rough around the edges and is exactly what Claire needs.
I was so happy to see Claire get her HEA after everything she went through in her marriage.
Great series!
Love on Lexington Avenue was a cute and swoony read. Claire is still reeling from her husbands death, his betrayal and recognizing and dealing with the fact that she didn't truly love him. In her efforts to start over she hires Scott to do some significant renovations on her home.

Scott is a bit surly, but I liked that about him. I loved all of the renovation chatter between them and it made me itch to do things around my own house. Scott isn't interested in love either, but definitely interested in scratching an itch with Claire.

One of the highlights of this series is the friendship group of Claire, Audrey and Naomi. I always love a good series that highlights friendships. The three of them continue to grow into their new friendship and it's one of my more enjoyable parts of this series.

While I love the series I do wish there were more sexytimes, as in her other books. But if that's not your jam, then this book definitely is.