Cover Image: The Amish Cookie Club

The Amish Cookie Club

I had a hard time putting this book down! Sarah has written such a captivating story and I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you netgalley, the publisher,  and Sarah Price for allowing me to read The Amish Cookie Club for my honest opinion. This was a story of such great tragedy, lasting friendship, hard work, overcoming misunderstandings, and finding live where you least expect it. Wonderful story for a read read.
Oh my goodness this book was fun!  Every other Friday, Edna Esh and three of her childhood friends meet to bake sugar cookies for their respective church districts on worship Sunday. It’s a time to give to the Plain community—and give support to each other as they share their joys and fears . . .
Each of these ladies have children and those book focuses on one daughter, Myrna. She is a very outspoken, headstrong young lady.  Because of that she continuously loses jobs and has no prospects of a man in her future. But alas.......the ladies of the  Cookie Club have a plan. These ladies are hilarious and the book is a delight to read.
#TheAmishCookieClub #NetGalley
This is the first book by Sarah Price that I have read.  I am now a fan.    I love reading books about the Amish.  Loved the twist of this book and I really enjoyed the main characters.  I will definitely be reading more books by this author!!
Every other Friday, Edna Esh and three of her childhood friends meet to bake sugar cookies for their respective church districts on worship Sunday. It’s a time to give to the Plain community—and give support to each other as they share their joys and fears . Edna’s friend, Verna Bontrager, has a problem. Her outspoken twenty-year-old daughter, Myrna, has been fired from her job. Again. Myrna’s family really needs her to chip in, but she’s clearly unsuited to customer service—not to mention that her sharp tongue scares away any boy who might come courting. But Edna has an idea—and his name is Ezekiel Riehl. A widower with four young children, Ezekiel needs help. His house and his brood are a mess; his demeanor is gruff. It’s no surprise Myrna takes an immediate dislike to him. Yet she has no choice but to take on the challenge—and soon she starts to create order out of chaos. In fact, the kids begin to depend on Myrna—and so does Ezekiel. The truth is, she’s fallen in love with him. But if he’s to prove he’s not looking for a marriage of convenience, he’ll have to convince her of what’s in his heart . . .

MY REVIEW:
The Amish Cookie Club is a romance novel, but includes recipes at the end of the book. I love when books have these as I usually will try them all. I'm definitely trying Edna's Cinnamon Rolls, yummy.

So, the novel is about Edna and her three friends and how they meet twice a month to bake cookies. When they come together they not only bake, but they discuss their lives and family. Along the way Myrna, Verna's daughter goes to work for a widower with four children. Is there love in the air by the end of the book? You will have to just read the novel. But, I can tell you it is worth your time. I just loved this book and highly recommend it.

This book was provided to me for free in exchange for my honest opinion.
Enjoyed this book. Kept me interested all the way through. Would recommend to a fellow reader.  Love the cover.
For Cookie Lovers and others
Best-selling author (e.g., ECPA Christian Fiction Bestseller, Amazon Top 100 Author) Sarah Price's book "The Amish Cookie Club" published by Kensington Books is the first one in a series with the same name. Edna Esh and her three friends, Verna, Wilma, and Mary, meet at least twice a month although they belong to different Amish church districts. The Friday meetings are used to bake cookies for the church meetings. The socializing and the discussion about the challenges of and with their children are included. They do not want to be called a club.
Verna's daughter, Myrna Bontrager, cannot hold on to a job because she is too outspoken. Then she starts to work for the widower Ezekiel Riehl and his four children. How will he, who does not want to marry again, react to her? Will he be able to only admire her? Will the experiences of his past and the abounding rumors about him influence his life forever?
This was the third book by Sarah Price which I read and again I was not disappointed. The book is full of emotions and challenges (e.g., the wagging tongues in the Amish community). It is good, wholesome, and clean and presents believable characters. There is wisdom to be learned from the women and a good novel to read for relaxation. Furthermore, it includes cookie recipes for the treats that Edna and her friends are creating. I highly recommend the novel and I am looking forward to read the other books in the series, the following being about Bethany, the daughter of another friend of Edna.
The complimentary copy of this book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley free of charge. I was under no obligation to offer a positive review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
#TheAmishCookieClub	#NetGalley
Great book by Sarah Price.  I love reading about the life and times of the Amish and Sarah can put my right in the middle of the Amish world with her writings.
An Amish Cookie Club turns into cookie therapy session.

A group of Amish women who enjoy baking cookies for their Amish community to raise money for benevolent needs of their community also see to the needs of their daughters. Verna has her hands full with her outspoken daughter Myrna. She has lost several jobs because of her candor and even working for her own father in his hardware store can be frustrating for both father and daughter. Myrna is not only outspoken she loves to organize and loves to organize others including her father.

An opportunity arises when a job opening comes available to help a windowed man with 4 small children to care for in a neighboring community. Myrna has mixed emotions as she doesn't know what to make of Ezekiel. From his mannerisms and his quiet demeanor, she is not sure what kind of man he is. The death of his wife has made the Amish rumor mill. Was he responsible for the death of his wife by not seeking medical help.

With all these apprehensions, Myrna takes the position with the understanding that it is for a short period of time until Ezekiel can find someone else more suited. Myrna has no experience with little children however, upon her first week she has discovered that she is well suited for the job and her feeling for the children and Ezekiel grow to a protective nature.

A romance that is developed as the characters mature and learn to trust. Both Myrna and Ezekiel have a battle of faith that is different but lead to the other in a sweet story of love, loyalty and family.

A Special Thank you to Kensington Books and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest revie
The Amish Cookie Club is a cute Amish romance novel.  I enjoyed the four main characters who gather together every other week at Edna Esh’s to bake cookies for their respective church districts to be enjoyed after the worship meal.  Their children are grown up, but they are still causing problems for the women.  Edna suggests that they come up with a plan for each child starting with Myrna Bontrager, Verna’s daughter.  Myrna is outspoken with certain ideas and a whiz at organizing.  Unfortunately, her employers have not appreciated her skills including her own father.    When Edna hears that Ezekiel Riehl needs someone to take care of his home and kids, it seems like the perfect place for Myrna.  And a mother can always hope that romance might blossom.  I liked Myrna with her zest for organization and planning.  She certainly has her hands full with four children to watch, a house to clean, laundry, gardening, canning, and cooking (wears me out just thinking about all the chores).  Cookies are a recurrent theme throughout the book and the ladies soon find themselves making more cookies after being cornered by the bishop’s wife.    There are recipes at the end too!  My favorite lines from The Amish Cookie Club is “. . .we can’t change the past.  Only try to do better tomorrow.”  I enjoyed reading the engaging The Amish Cookie Club.  It is a light-hearted story that will have you laughing and craving cookies.
“The Amish Cookie Club” tells the story of a group of Amish women who meet often to bake cookies for the dinners after worship services. In addition to baking, they work together to solve problems. I really appreciated that the women were middle aged, rather than cute youngsters who are just courting.

In this novel, the women work to help Myrna, one of their grown up daughters, to find a job. Myrna is definitely no wilting lily! It was refreshing to read about someone who is outspoken and a real character. I hope this novel presents a new breed of the Amish novels that show strong women who have careers and characteristics in their own right, rather than being shadows of their strong male partners.

I received this book from the publisher and from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
The Amish Cookie Club by Sarah Price is a fun read that will bring a smile to your face. The story centers around four friends, older women who grew up together and meet every few weeks to make cookies together, thus earning them the name of the cookie club. They spend a lot of time discussing their grown children and what the future may hold for them. When Verna, one of the ladies, tells them her daughter has lost yet another job due to being too outspoken, they set out to find her the perfect job. They discover a widower with four children who desperately needs help. Thinking it may even lead to romance, they jump at the chance. Reluctantly, her daughter, Myrna, takes the position. As Myrna works alongside Zeke and his children, the ladies of the cookie club just may get their wish. Love does seem to be blooming. However, there are some rumors and unanswered questions that will have to be settled first. Will they be able to work through it all? The ladies of the cookie club hope sure hope so! You will have to read the book to see for yourself what happens though! I really enjoyed this story. I found myself smiling and hoping for answers that would lead to a happy ending! I received a free copy of this tale from NetGalley for my honest opinion. All opinions are my own!
Edna and her friends gather to back cookies every other week.  They share their lives good and bad during this time.   Verna Bontrager has a problem in the form of her daughter Myrna.  Due to her outspoken nature, Myrna cannot keep a job nor can she find a suitor.  However, with the help of her friends, they may have found a solution in Ezekiel Riehl.  He may just be the answer in more ways then one.  Keeping his house and kids have been a challenge since his wife died.  Myrna may just be able to bring order to chaos.  When they begin to depend on each other, will they be able to get past their differences?

I love how this book brings the lives of our characters together.  Each woman is facing different times of their lives. They learn to lean on one another to get through.  It is both funny and enjoyable.  I highly recommend this series.

I received a copy from Netgalley.  A positive review was not required.
This was such an enjoyable story.  I absolutely loved all the characters in this book.  The three Amish mothers who make up the “Amish Cookie Club” are charming.  I especially loved the main character, Myrna.  She  is a lovable, caring, single young Amish lady who is very unreserved and plain-spoken in her dealings with others.  She’s not self-centered or mean, she’s just supremely confident that she can look at any person or situation and offer needed improvements.  Needless to say, Myrna finds herself in hot water more than she should, and she’s been fired from every job she’s tried.  The mothers of the Amish Cookie Club decide that Myrna needs a complete change of pace.  They’ve found Myrna a job for keeping house for Ezekiel, a widower with four children.  Myrna feels confident that she can reorganize and restore how the household runs.  Taking care of four children, however, complicates things more than she thought, and she finds herself unexpectedly drawn to Ezekiel.

There’s quite a bit of fun in this story, as the Amish mothers try to direct the lives of their children, and also watching Myrna and Ezekiel learn how to deal with each other.  I’m already looking forward to reading the rest of this series, as these mothers have more of their children’s lives to manage.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
This is a well written, clean Amish romance that I enjoyed reading. The story hops around between the older set of ladies and one of the ladies' daughters. The young lady, Myrna, has a difficult time keeping a job, until she is hired to help a widower with his children. Their friendship blossoms into love and, although they have misconceptions about each other, they work through them. Beautiful story!
Sarah Price can give out Amish Romance books like they are candy. I am addicted to every single book she comes out with. The Amish Cookie Club was no different it warmed my heart and made me melt into a puddle of mush!
Every time I begin a book by masterful author, Sarah Price, I get shivers of delight down my spine and feel like a kid in a candy store—or in this case I suppose I should say a bakery. lol 'The Amish Cookie Club' is a fun read guaranteed to bring a smile or two, some laughing out loud, tearing up, and definitely cause a few sweet cravings along the way!

The "club" includes long-time friends who not only bind together to bake for their church districts, but to lend support to one another as problems arise with their grown children. And as with each book by Ms. Price I glean some of life's lessons along the way—the harm of gossip and holding grudges, not jumping to conclusions, and the importance of talking things out instead of letting them fester...to name a few. A delightful read that will captivate readers of all ages, I highly recommend 'The Amish Cookie Club'!

I received a complimentary copy of this novel from NetGalley and was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.
A fun book full of emotions and lessons. I always say the book I just finished is my favorite by Sarah Price but this one truly is. I would not have thought that when I first started reading, The Amish Cookie Club. I struggled liking Myrna and wanted to reach in and yell at her to GROW UP. I found her so childish but oh what a wonderful change she made when she started working for Ezekiel. Price did a most excellent job in showing us how it is true if you don't focus on yourself and your unhappiness and turn the focus on others you will find you are happier and more fulfilled.

You will not want to put the book down once you start and it reads so flawlessly you will possibly finish in one day. Just beware you will be sad to leave the cookie club so soon and the next installment is not due until later this year.

Recipes are included and I already want to bake the famous sugar cookies.

I received a complimentary copy from Kensington through NetGalley. Any and all opinions expressed in the above review are entirely my own.
The Amish Cookie Club by Sarah Price is a great, easy to read book. I loved the setting and the characters were all   likeable and realistic.
You get an honest view into the Amish and their lifestyle. Throw in an outspoken young lady that adds not only real life but humor. Some of Myrna's comments had me laughing out loud.
The story will have you craving a cookie or two!
I am anxiously waiting for book two.
I was given an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.
The Amish Cookie Club is my first book I've read by Author Sarah Price. I enjoyed this book and I thought the author did an awesome job in her writing. The novel has a thorough plot with realistic characters. This book is Book One in The Amish Cookie Club Series. I highly recommend reading this book and I'm looking forward to Book Two.

I received a copy from NetGalley, but was not required to review it. This review is one hundred percent my opinion.