Cover Image: Pirate’s Pleasure

Pirate’s Pleasure

Taking risks and making money is something that Harmony specializes in.  She does it so incredibly well that she has garnered the eye of her boss who also happens to be one of the most eligible bachelors in Savannah.  But she has no time to dwell on that though as her private life and drive for her charity has her crossing some lines in order to further the cause.  Some things are not quiet what they seem and she finds herself smack dab in the middle of whole lot of danger and trouble.
Life isn't always exciting when one is a 250 year old pirate doubling as an owner of a high profile investment firm.  Then again, that is exactly how John Smyth likes it.  It keeps his mind sharp and his heart free of any mortal dangers.  When the offer comes up to hunt down a relic though, he feels pure excitement as his true self begins to shimmer to the top.  In his quest to get things going with his immortal crew as soon as possible, he learns that said artifact is a lot closer than he ever realized.  It is so close that it involves the very captivating employee he has down the hall that he was just about to entrust his company to.  Soon, it is a tough job of getting her to turn over the relic while keeping her safe from old foes and retaining his very old heart.  However, what is life though without a little bit of risk.
Pirate's Pleasure is the third book in Lisa Kessler's Sentinel's of Savannah series.  This was the first one I that had the pleasure of reading.  The perk to that is now while waiting for the next one I get to go back and read the first two!  I has such a field day with this book.  I loved not only this story but the premise of the entire series.  You really identify with Harmony's desire to do nothing but help other people with very little regard to herself.  Her relationship with her brother is also very feel good and you completely get it all.  She doesn't want to rely on anyone but her self after some tough life lessons.  The Sea Dog's boat swain is essentially still doing the same job and you understand his sense of order and stability.  You not only feel his struggle to open himself to her but also to come to terms with his immortality and her lack there of.  They are well formed and you can't help but love them together.  The supporting characters in this series are awesome.  I can't wait to see what comes next.  There are plenty of threads to pick up.  There was love, action, adventure and perfect amount of passion.  I am incredibly excited to join into this series and author!  I HIGHLY recommend this book!  I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
John Smyth is the boatswain of the Sea Dog.  A ship that is a copy of the old pirate ship from hundreds of years ago.  The special thing about the ship is that the crew are all the original ones who are now immortal because they drank from the holy grail. They have all hidden the truth with various disguises over the years,  but stay together and still sail when they can.

Harmony Andrews works in the finance world,  trying to make money for her customers, her boss and herself.  She also has a side job as a thief.  The old box she has just stolen will help her raise a lot of money to help people with.

There are a lot of magical artefacts that could be dangerous in the wrong hands.  Our pirates are the obvious ones to see that doesn't happen.  That is going to bring a lot of excitement and danger into our heroine's life.

This is part of a series that is best read in order because of the relationships between the pirates.  I have read and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them.
Your secret has to be kept safe. John Smyth might be a very rich handsome man but he will never know true happiness. He has lived so much longer than any normal human being after drinking from the holy grail. Yes, it gave him & his men immortality but that comes with a price. He needs someone that he can trust and his broker Harmony seems to fit the bill but she is just too reckless at times. He hopes that she will be able to look after his company while he is away but everything changes when he is shown a picture. He doesn't know what Harmony is up to but it isn't good. Harmony knows that she can find a buyer for the relic it is just a box with greek writing on it and she hasn't been able to open it. She needs the money towards treatment and other equipment that could save two people's lives. But Harmony has stolen Pandora's box and now the government wants it back and John knows that things can go terribly wrong. He wants to protect Harmony as he has really fallen for her but she could be his downfall. Can he trust her with everything? Harmony believes what John tells her but she still needs to go through with the deal it is a lot of money but will things go the way that she plans? Will Harmony take what John is offering or will she walk away? Will good triumph over evil or will the box win the day? A good read really enjoyed it. Who doesn't love sexy pirates that save the day? I was lucky enough to receive a copy via Netgalley & the publishing house in exchange for my honest review.
Another fun book in the series.  The characters are getting more interesting as we see them go on one adventure after another. This one sees John Symth fall for his wild and free spirited broker, turned thief. Harmony is part of the secret internet hackers' group, Digi Robins, and she has gotten in over her head with Pandora’s Box. John and Harmony set out to trick the Serpent Society into accepting a forgery, Agent Bale tries to save a descendant from poor choices, and love wins another pirate over.  I enjoyed their story and look forward to more.
John is a two hundred and fifty year old pirate. He owns an investment company and Harmony has worked there for five years. Harmony also stills old relics and sells them to help sick people without insurance. When John and his crew is tasked to get Pandora’s box, they realize it’s been stolen. John is surprised to find out Harmony and her fellow thieves are the ones who stole it. He must get her to turn it over before she sells it to the wrong person. Now she has pirates, the government, and a secret society trying to take it from her.
John never believed he would lose his heart to a mortal. But will he give their love a chance or will he lose the only woman he has ever loved?
Awesome story with pirates. Action and sex. A little suspense and humor. Harmony is strong and independent, John is straight laced until Harmony.
* Voluntarily read and reviewed this for NetGalley *
Immortal pirates...loved it. We get John and Harmony. John, our immortal pirate, is smitten with a modern day pirate who has gotten her hands on Pandora's box, which is, of course, real since John is immortal after drinking from the Holy Grail. There's a lot of mythology and fun in this story. Two pirates and trusting... how can that go wrong? What an adventure for these two to find their HEA. Great heat between the characters.
Sped right through this one. Excellent weekend read.
*Book provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review*
Oh my I want to move to Savannah and find me some of her Pirates.
John Smyth and crew find themselves back working for Department 13. A secretive  branch of the U.S. government. Looking and locking away paranormal objects.
  Now Pandora's Box has been stolen..
  Little does John know, a young woman working for his Investment Company is the one who stole it.
Harmony Andrews steals things and sells them on the web and donates the money earned to people with medical bills that they cannot afford to pay.
 She has no idea what the box is, or what can be unleashed if it is opened.
 Join the crew on their next adventure in Savannah.. can't wait for the next one.
Four and a half
Well this the third book about immortal pirates features John the man who knows a thing or two about making and keeping money. He runs a successful investment business but is about to be very surprised by what his employee Harmony gets up to when not working at the office. John obviously has secrets of his own but Harmony has stolen Pandoras box ! Yes that mythical artefact is as real and dangerous as ever it was and John has been asked to find the thief but she's a lot closer than he thought .
I'm really enjoying these stories about the crew who drank from the Holy Grail . They each have their own quirks and identities and initially I found John to be quite cool and detached. Harmony whilst meaning well is way out of her depth as she tries to help those less fortunate and I found her perhaps a little too trusting. What I really enjoyed were the periphery characters who added so much to the overall storyline and I'm very much looking forward to learning more. For now though it's all about John and Harmony as they set sail towards their own happy ever after !
This voluntary take is of a copy I requested from Netgalley and my thoughts and comments are honest and I believe fair
This is book 3 of the Sentinels of Savannah series and I would absolutely read the books before it so you understand everything that is happening in this book. This one is about John Smyth and Harmony Andrews. John has been in charge of his crew's money for more time than he can remember. And when he and his crew are tasked with finding and recovering Pandora's Box, he thinks to leave Harmony in charge of his company. Never realizing that she was the one who took the box to begin with in order to auction it and donate the money. Now they are thrown together and must not only return the box but work through what they may mean to each other.

I absolutely loved this installment! John has lived a long time and is definitely set in his ways. But Harmony smashes his habits to pieces and makes him feel alive again. But with him being immortal and her being mortal, they have a lot that must be worked out. I loved every minute of this book! From the main characters growing and realizing that they truly need each other to the agent finally becoming more human and down to earth to me. Now I really need to have a story for the captain because he has me beyond curious!! Loved it!
John Smyth has survived mutinous pirate crews, wars, and the passage of centuries by keeping his life as he did his ships, organized and well stocked. When I started reading I couldn't put it down.Lisa Kessler is magnifysent and amazing writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book
Full review to be published online in late April or early May.

PIRATE'S PLEASURE is the third book in Lisa Kessler's new 'Sentinals of Savannah' fantasy series. I had not realized this was not the beginning of the series when I requested it; but after enjoying the author's 'Moon' series,  decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did, this was an enjoyable pirate fantasy tale about a centuries old immortal pirate and a modern day fully human investment broker. While the series does build somewhat on the previous books; it was not so much that I couldn't easily pick up on the back plot. I will go back and read the first two books. Recommended  read.