Cover Image: Jesus in Me

Jesus in Me

3⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Jesus in Me” is my first book by Anne Graham Lotz. It’s just over 300 pages and I feel like it would be a good “book club” book for a small group at church. A lot of things can be discussed, while helping each other obtain a deeper understanding of the Holy Spirit.
In the book AGL talks mostly about the Holy Spirit, explaining term such as ; help mate, advocate and intercessor. Always following up with scripture to state the example.
I really enjoyed chapter 21 because AGL talked about holiness and the church today. I found a lot of what she said to be true in my experience.
Throughout the book she continually shared spiritual, personal and scriptural examples. She was very honest about her life and I thought that very brave of her to share some terrible things that happened to her.
It felt like she was sharing her testimony, which I suppose she was and that was encouraging.
Lastly,  AGL gives a spiritual checklist along with a spiritual gift assessment which may be be helpful for some people.
The one thing I was concerned about was that some might finish this and feel the need to become legalistic. AGL talked about a lot of things to do and I hope we always do everything out of great love for God.
Again, I enjoyed this and I know I grew because of it. I do recommend this book.
This was a NETGALLEY gift from the publisher and all opinions are my own. Thank you for reading my honest review.
Anne is a great teacher.  She writes as if she is talking to an old friend.  She is extremely knowledgeable and presents her information in an easily understandable way.  I highly recommend "Jesus in Me'.
I love Anne Graham Lotz.  She has such a beautiful writing style and she really grabs your attention.  This is not a book you want to read in a hour or two.  This book makes the reader dig deeper into the book.

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and  Waterbrook & has Multnomah for my honest review.
Jesus in Me
Experiencing the Holy Spirit as a Constant Companion
by Anne Graham Lotz

WaterBrook & Multnomah

Multnomah
Christian , Religion & Spirituality
Pub Date 01 Oct 2019

I am reviewing a copy of Jesus in Me through WaterBrook & Multonomah and Netgalley:

Anne Graham Lotz draws on her deep Biblical knowledge well as her personal journey which includes the loss of loved ones, a sons diagnosis with cancer as well as her own diagnosis of Cancer.  Lotz reminds us that the Holy Spirit is not a magic genie, a flame of fire, or a vague feeling. He is a Person who prays for us, guides us in our relationships and decisions, and a person who comforts us in pain, and stays by our side side at all times.  In this book Lotz explores seven key aspects of the Holy Spirit that will revolutionize how you understand and relate to this vital third Person in the Trinity.

This book will help us to better love and rely on the person of the Holy Spirit, and therefore embrace how much he loves us through his presence as well as his power.

Jesus in Me is written in a way that is easy to understand, therefore easy to grasp.  It is written in a way that will allow even younger readers to understand.

Lotz points out that America is in need of revival, Authentic revival.  Not simply a tent meeting or a series of services to save the lost, but a spiritual awakening that will compel God’s people to repent of our sin, return to the cross, and recommit ourselves to living lives that reflect His purity.

I give Jesus in Me five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
I love reading Anne Graham Lotz. Jesus in me was no different. I appreciated the fact that she did her research in the scriptures to back up what she was writing.
A powerful, uplifting and inspiring read.  Every time I read something by Anne Graham Lotz I learn and grow in my faith journey.  She is a wonderful teacher and speaks from her heart in such a relatable manner that always inspires.  In this book I learned so much about the person she is as she shared personal stories of hardships and tragedies.   I admire her strength as a person and her deep, strong faith in God.   Now I have a much better understanding of the Holy Spirit that is with me every moment of my life.
Reading "Jesus in Me" by Anne Graham Lotz helped me during a hard season of my life while I was caring for my precious dad during his last days on this earth.  It was a hard and a sweet time, as one of his hospice's nurses said to me, "we get to go on your dad's final Journey to Jesus with him". As I read this book, I knew that the Holy Spirit was the One who was strengthening me and comforting me and dad through each day.
Anne shared through her own personal experiences and life challenges how she was able to have joy in her heart with the Holy Spirit as her constant Companion and Guide.  She challenges us to be prepared before the crisis comes and the only way to be prepared is to have Jesus living inside of us and for us to prepare our hearts daily in His Word and in prayer.  She also guides us through many scriptures that teach us all about the Holy Spirit and how He works in us.
I thank NetGalley for allowing me to read and review this excellent book that I highly recommend.  These opinions are my own.
Excellent book. Anne gives encouragement, reminding us that no matter what the problems are we may go through, Jesus always is with us. Based in scripture and prayer, The  basis of our help through the Holy Spirit to guide us and lift us up every day of our life. I definitely recommend this book. Anne is always spot on as she shares,  basing her life through Gods Word In any struggle - Gods love never fails.
Every time I pick up Jesus In Me and begin reading, I feel the Holy Spirit’s presence. Anne is a wonderful Bible teacher and story teller. This book is full of Biblical truths and insight from Anne’s life written in a way that everyone can understand. Anne is sincere and loving, but she doesn’t skip over the truth about sin and God’s opinion of it. I have learned so much from her over the years, and I have learned even more from reading Jesus In Me. Get out your highlighter and pen. It’s so good you’ll want to take notes. Thank you Anne for your dedication to teach others about the Holy Spirit!
This is an excellent book by Anne Graham Lotz! I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting to learn more about The Holy Spirit and how He reveals Jesus in/to the heart of a believer.
I read Anne’s book, “Jesus In Me” towards the end of last year. In it, she writes about experiencing the Holy Spirit as our constant companion. Anne writes that her prayer is that as her book is read, the reader “will discover Him by personal experience as your constant companion and that the discovery will lead you to love Him more.”

She writes, “I am learning to love and enjoy the companionship of the dear Holy Spirit, who is Jesus within me, every moment of every day. Praise God, I don’t have to understand Him in order to experience and enjoy his presence.”

Something I like about Anne’s book is that she shares from her personal life experience to illustrate a teaching point she is making about the Holy Spirit. Anne writes Biblical truth which is easy to understand. Reading this book also increased my desire to know and love God more. To really know the Holy Spirit and walk in step with him, listen to his voice, follow where he leads and experience his power and presence in my life.

In her book, Anne covers the subject of the person, the role and purpose of the Holy Spirit, enjoying his presence in our lives, relying on his power, living by his precepts, reflecting his purity, and trusting in his providence.

As I read I was challenged to allow the Holy Spirit access to every area of my life and not just a part. To surrender to him so I can be filled and keep being filled by him.

Anne writes how we all want a purpose to live for and it is the Holy Spirit who gives us the desire to live for a purpose greater than ourselves. He is the one who gives us the desire to follow and love God and to bring him glory.

At the end of the book are several appendices. I tend to flip through this section in books, but I found these were a great addition to the book and were so helpful. If you choose to read this book I encourage you not to skim over this section. In the appendices, Anne explains how to hear the Holy Spirit’s whispers when you read your Bible, how to be filled with the Holy Spirit, self-examination of personal sin and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

I recommend this book to anyone who feels perhaps they have neglected or misunderstood the Holy Spirit and his significance as a key member of the Trinity, a member who is no less and no more important than any of the others.
Excellent Book! "Jesus in Me by Anne Graham Lotz  came at a time in my life that I needed to read and hear the message given in the book. Words of encouragement, wisdom and was a lifeline thrown out to me. Pointed me to certain scriptures and counseled me on how to make critical decisions in my life. It has given me a better understand of our Comforter and Anne Graham Lott backs up her thoughts with Scripture. You see a personal side to her as admits guilt over decisions and hurt in her own life. I will refer back to this book many times in the days ahead. I love this quote from the book, "“Talk to your Counselor. Pour out your heart. Be honest. Transparent. Lean hard on the One who is Jesus in you.”
I find myself going back and re-reading it already.
Another wonderful book by Anne.  Her books are so well written and I always learn so much .  Thank you NetGalley for bring such wonderful authors to us.
I was recently given an advance copy of Anne Graham Lotz’s new book “Jesus in Me” to read and review. Mrs. Lotz masterfully and skillfully presents an in-depth look at the role of the Spirit in the Christian’s life, reminding us that the Holy Spirit is actually Jesus, in each of us, interceding on our behalf. In my own life, my communion with God had grown lukewarm and the Holy Spirit revealed hidden sin and areas of weakness and neglect that I needed to repent of to restore my relationship with Him. I was especially moved by Mrs. Lotz’s transparency in sharing examples of her own personal life, her struggles, heartaches and need for Jesus...just like me. Great book to reference again and again and I’m hoping to see a companion Bible Study!
Jesus in Me is my first book by Anne Graham Lotz.  I had heard her speak -not live- so I knew to expect a very thorough Bible study.
It took me a while to get into the book, but in part 2, I felt that things started picking up a bit and I began to enjoy the book more.

I appreciate Graham Lotz's honesty throughout the book, sharing weak points in her life and how the Holy Spirit worked in her. That honesty makes the theory in the  book a lot more relatable, even though some of the stories she shares are very sad. Anne Graham Lotz is not a woman who has led a charmed life.

The whole book is very good, but the chapters I most enjoyed reading were the final ones.  The conclusion, "Jesus the Unwavering Focus of the Holy Spirit" is a wonderful trip through the history of mankind and how Jesus was involved all along. Sometimes he appeared in his pre-incarnate form (sometimes called the Angel of The Lord).  I was moved when she pointed out that the first person to whom the Angel of The Lord appeared was not Abraham or one of his descendants. Not a man, not a free person, but to Hagar, an Egyptian, a pregnant woman, a poor slave, with no rights of her own (location 3034).  I'd never realized that!
At the end of this chapter she encourages every reader to read the Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to guide him or her into all truth.
Appendix D, Gifts of the Spirit, is very helpful.

I'm glad I read this book and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone interested in studying the Holy Spirit.

Thanks to WaterBrook & Multnomah and Netgalley for the digital reviewer's copy.
Jesus in Me is a powerful book on the Holy Spirit, written by Anne Graham Lotz who is a well-established author in Christianity. This is not just an informational book on the study of the Holy Spirit but it explains the possibility and power of experiencing a personal relationship with the Spirit of God. The author shares from her heart about her personal experience of the Holy Spirit as a constant companion. She begins the book by making sure the reader understands that the Holy Spirit is a living person and not an 'it' and that He is not an optional extra in her life but a divine necessity. He is the third person of the Triune Godhead who goes by many different names which the author goes into depth to discuss the personal and practical implications of each. Lotz uses examples from scripture and personal experiences and her intention seems to be to help the reader to recognize the presence and companionship of the Spirit of God. The book is divided into 7 parts. Several of the parts are Loving the Person of the Holy Spirit, Embracing the Purpose of the Holy Spirit, and Reflecting the Purity of the Holy Spirit. Often at the end of the chapters, there is a short section of thoughtful questions and practical suggestions intended to apply the chapter's content to the reader's life. There are so many 'take away' thoughts to ponder and nuggets of wisdom in the book. A couple of ideas resonated with me. Lotz shared that the Holy Spirit had changed her attitude from that of being a victim to recognizing that she is on a mission as His ambassador. Another idea is that the Holy Spirit works in us to make us holy so that we may reflect the holiness of God. One of the final understandings about the Holy Spirit that Lotz shared is that throughout the scriptures the Holy Spirit's focus is on Jesus. Through creation, through the centuries of the lives of God's people and the prophets, through the cradle and the cross and ultimately through the crown, the Holy Spirit makes known that Jesus reigns supreme. Jesus in Me is a wonderful book for believers whether they are new in their faith or have walked with the Lord for many years. It is a great book not only for one's library but also to give as a gift to friends and family.
I received a complimentary copy of the book from Multnomah Publishing and was not required to write a review. The opinions are my own.
This is a  wonderful book.  If you ever wonder about the Holy Spirit; doesn't matter if your a new Christian or a seasoned one, this book can help you understand how He can be a huge part of your life.

It's not a textbook-like read, this is a book where the author shares about how the Holy Spirit was there for her in her time of need.  An excellent read for everyone!
This Book Spoke to My Heart
Thanks to Anne's person-to person writing style, JESUS IN ME is an essential, yet easy-to -read and understandable book for anyone seeking a deeper relationship with Jesus. It is packed with Biblical insight, personal stories, and thought-provoking questions to engage and involve the reader. If you want to do more than just read the book, appendices offer helpful guidelines for practical application and personal Bible study.  After the first chapter or two, I started looking up the scripture references included in "Notes" at the back of the book, and applying her 3-question study method outlined in Appendix A.
Jesus in Me - Anne Graham Lotz

Anne Graham Lotz is a classic writer of Biblical Truth.  Jesus in Me is a study of the Holy Spirit and His importance in our daily lives.  Anne has taken an often misunderstood member of the Trinity and explained in detail the position of the Holy Spirit in her own life.

Ms.  Lotz experienced the sudden loss of her husband, the loss of her father, Billy Graham and a cancer diagnosis all in the period of a matter of months.  The Holy Spirit is her constant companion, as He is yours, advocate, guide and encouragement.

She has done an excellent job weaving in the Biblical basis for the study of the Holy Spirit with her own personal journey as she writes book. She sets a pattern for us to take seriously and act upon making life more fulfilled, strengthened and engaged with God.

I highly recommend this book for all ages.
Jesus in Me by Anne Graham Lotz is an absolute wonder to read! I felt so much reading each and every page, I'm now rereading it. I recommend any and all to read this wonderful book, thank you Anne Graham Lotz!