Cover Image: Jesus in Me

Jesus in Me

Annie Graham Lotz wrote a truly inspirational book that delves into the Holy Spirit and how to cultivate a relationship. Her message is packed with personal stories,  scripture passages and steps to open up your life to the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I have already shared my experience of this book with several people. This book stirred a lot of emotion and opened up new desires within me. It calls for a deep dive into yourself and taking time for personal reflection while strengthening your relationship with the trinity while strongly focusing on the Holy Spirit. Highly recommend.
Anne Graham Lotz’s book JESUS IN ME is a treasure trove of insightful teaching.  Using biblical references and personal experiences, she leads the reader to deep understanding of the person of the Holy Spirit and his impact in the lives of Christians.  This is not another dry theological book on doctrine.  Instead, it is extremely practical , personal and pertinent.  Anne’s personal revelations resonate truth, underscoring the validity of the teachings; her vulnerability in sharing intimate experiences endear her to the reader.  I am amazed with the simplicity of her writing coupled with the depth of the text.

The premise of the book is experiencing the Holy Spirit as a constant companion.  This idea is broken down into seven sections which teach about the various roles of the Holy Spirit and how he practically functions in these roles.  Practical examples are given illustrating the concept.  The personal stories are a highlight and sets this book apart from others that address the subject.  The person of the Holy Spirit is explained by detailing his names and how each name represents a role he plays in our lives:  comforter, advocate, counselor, helper, intercessor, strengthener, and standby.  The presence, power, purpose, and precepts  of the Holy Spirit are addressed in other sections.

Another noteworthy part of this book is the appendixes, Four appendixes offer quick references to practical study aides: learning how to hear  he Holy Spirit during Bible reading, learning how to be filled with the Holy Spirit, discovering your gifts from the Holy Spirit, and a self assessment.  Practical indeed!  ,

I can’t emphasize enough how each aspect of these teaching are so interesting and informative, a credit to Anne Lotz’s plethora of personal experiences and those of others!   Highly recommended!
What a powerful book written by a true, powerhouse in Christian literature.  Anne Graham Lotz has a way to take the Word of God and articulate it in ways that we can all relate to.  A book that makes you want to be better and makes you ask yourself if others are truly seeing Jesus in Me?
I loved this one by Anne Graham Lotz! Anne is the daughter of ,who many called America’s preacher, Rev Billy Graham. And she reminds us, in this book she so wonderfully writes, that if we have Jesus in us, we are not alone. We are Never Alone! She tells us how God has always been with her, through her mother’s death, her husband’s death, and her father’s death, and now through the cancer she faces. She keeps reminding us that Jesus is in us through the Holy Spirit and she tells us how the Holy Spirit works within and prays for us when we can’t pray or speak the words. This is a wonderful book! Very well written! Thank you to #NetGalley and the publishers, Crown Publishing Group, and the author, Anne Graham Lotz, for the opportunity to read and review, #JesusInMe with my honest thoughts and opinions.
I enjoy Anne Graham Lotz her insights are thoughtful  and easy to understand  and apply. Her years of wisdom come through in all of her writings.
This book is amazing. It made me so much more aware of the person of the Holy Spirit and the importance of his presence in my life.  Jesus is with me always.
In "Jesus in Me", Anne Graham Lotz's indepth biblical knowledge and her personal journey through cancer — explains that the Holy Spirit is a Person who prays for us, guides us in our personal relationships and life-changing decisions, comforts us in in our heartbreaking pain, and never leaves us, not even for a second. Anne explores seven key aspects of the Holy Spirit to revolutionize how we relate to the third Person in the Holy Trinity. She relates from her own personal experience that one of her deepest, richest joys is to discover who the Holy Spirit is in every step of her life’s journey. Each name of His - Helper, Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener, and Standby - reveals an aspect of His character. When we rely on the Holy Spirit’s divine presence, awesome power, and abundant provision in our daily lives, it is truly life-changing. He is the God of "More Than Enough." This first hand account of how the Holy Spirit guided Anne inspires Christian readers to deepen their faith, through eloquently intertwining biblical and personal stories, including heart-wrenching moments when the Holy Spirit guided her as a “Helper” and a “Comforter." In her battle with cancer, she leaned heavily on Jesus as “the Counselor” to get His supernatural, out-of-this world strength to endure. I highly recommend this awesome book for all who desire to step into a purpose-filled life guided by the Holy’s Spirit, a life of greater purpose, to glorify God. In Christ, we are not just overcomers. We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us and gave His life for us.
My  Book Review:
5 Stars: 5/5 Star Rating
Anne Graham-Lotz has shed so much light on the Holy Spirit for me.  I accompanied this book with the study guide and online video series.  She uses personal experiences as well as scriptural facts.  The novel was scripturually sound. I have such great respect for the author and truly appreciate your expertise on the subject which is so important to Christians.
I highly recommend this book.  I received a digital ARC of this book from netgalley and Multnomah. All opinions expressed are my own.
Jesus in Me, the newest book by Anne Graham Lotz, is an in-depth exploration of the Holy Spirit. Anne delves into great detail regarding who the Holy Spirit is and His role in the life of the Christian. She provides many personal examples of how she has been guided and shepherded by the Holy Spirit. Anne is open and honest as she relates the ways the Holy Spirit has both comforted her and chastised her. This book is both easy to read and comprehensive. The Appendices include instructions for Bible study, discovering one’s spiritual gifts, and being filled with the Holy Spirit.
I highly recommend this book. The Holy Spirit is often given lesser attention than God the Father and Jesus the Son, and Anne thoroughly rectifies that omission.
Great as a devotional. It will take me a long time to get through so I am posting a review before finishing - this is not a book meant to be read quickly in on setting, but enjoyed every day or every few days to really let the words settle in.

Thank you to NetGalley for an ARC of this book.
With a wealth of Biblical knowledge and beautifully written words, Mrs. Lotz writes about the third person of the Trinity within the context of seven specific roles. These include Helper, Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counsellor, Strengthener, and Standby.

Sharing personal stories of her family life, battle with cancer, and widowhood, Anne shares how she has learned to trust and rely upon the Holy Spirit and invites readers to do the same. Humble and authentic, Mrs. Lotz reaches through the pages of the book as if she is a friend sitting with the reader at the kitchen table in deep discussion about a growing area of faith in her life.

Favorite quote: “As I reflected on what it means to know God, I thought of those in the Bible who knew Him and I decided I wanted to Him as they did.”
An excellent and thorough look & deep understanding of the Holy Spirit. Beginning with salvation & concluding with how the Holy Spirit grows inside a person. This book will really show you how to connect to the scriptures, grow as a believer, it will also show you real forgiveness & how to listen to the Holy Spirit.
We need to know more about the Holy Spirit, He es with us since Jesus left and He stayed here for us. This book is about the Holy Spirit. It is divided in 7 parts. 1st part talk about his characteristics: helper, comforter, advocate, intercessor, counselor, strengthener and standby. 2nd part about enjoying his presence in eternity, history and humanity. 3rd part relying on the power to transform you, me and others. 4th part embracing the purpose of the Holy Spirit, quicken, guides, ignites, shapes and equips us. Part 5 about his true and trustworthy precepts, part 6 about his purity exemplified in Jesus, beautified and magnified in us. Part 7 Trusting in his pledge, seal, understanding and his prayers. "I realized that grief is a love word. I grieve because I loved...(...) If I can grieve the Holy Spirit it´s because He loves me. That was a profound, revolutionary thought. He´s not just a professional partner, He´s within me because He wants to live within me. He deeply cares about what I do and who I become. When I do the right thing, He rejoices. When I do the wrong thing, He grieves. (...) I can trust Him completely because He truly loves me!"
The purpose of this book according to Lotz is "to share with you what I have experienced personally about this incredible divine Companion." The book has seven different parts, each broken down into chapters. The seven sections are "Loving the person of the Holy Spirit," "Enjoying the presence of the Holy Spirit," "Relying on the power of the Holy Spirit," "Embracing the purpose of the Holy Spirit," "Living by the precept of the Holy Spirit," "Reflecting the purity of the Holy Spirit," and "trusting the providence of the Holy Spirit." Each section has personal stories, examples from the Bible, Scriptural references and then the end of the chapters have questions for thoughtful reflections. This was a good book, if you understand that it is not meant to be a deep, philosophical read about the Holy Spirit, but more of a book on Lotz's experiences learning who the Holy Spirit is and how He has worked in her life. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about Anne Graham Lotz and the Holy Spirit.
Great insight that helps reader have a deeper and more connected understanding of the Holy Spirit. I like the scriptures used.
A great book that is full of the authors experiences as she shares of the Hoy Spirit. Great insight into a deeper understanding.  I received an advanced copy and am
Thankful for the opportunity to read it.
Full of Anne Graham Lotz experiences and how she experienced the Holy Spirit In those moments. She offers scripture and thought provoking questions to ponder. This will be a go to book for me. I will also be recommending it to many friends!
This book is an exhaustive reference for everyone who is curious about or yearning to improve their understanding of The Holy Spirit. Anne Graham Lotz has created a wonderfully intimate work of the heart with her personal stories and in-depth knowledge of our very important relationship with God's Holy Spirit. I received an advanced reader copy of the book and I plan to read it multiple times to absorb as much of the detail as possible.
I have known who Anne Graham Lotz is my entire life. When I was a preteen I went to several of her Just Give Me Jesus conferences. She has always been an inspiration. This book was just the same. I learned so much about how the Holy Spirit works in my life and intercedes.
I learned how to allow the Holy Spirit to work in my life.
I look forward to using this book more and referencing back to it.
I highly recommend this book to everyone.
"Jesus in Me" is an excellent mix of the author's personal experiences in her Christian walk, and her Biblical understanding of of Holy Spirit's place in our daily lives.