Once Upon a Bad Boy

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 25 Jun 2019

Once Upon a Bad Boy is a lovely story of forgiveness, healing and second chances.

Our two main characters were once young and in love. They had a bright future and couldn’t be separated. All of this changed the night of the prom when Bo breaks up with Sadie and never explains why.

Sadie was heartbroken and left their town to pursue a career in acting. She never had an easy go at her profession even though she was immensely talented – every one would brush her off as the rich girl who got the job because of her parents. She manages to score the role of a life time that will help boost her career. The only problem? She will be filming back near her hometown where her heart was broken so long ago. To top that one off – her stunt trainer is the one who broke her heart!

Sparks immediately begin to fly in this story as the two have an electric chemistry that they can not deny. They try to remain professional but it becomes clear that they are far too attracted to each other. The only problem? How do they clear up their past – Sadie wants and deserves answers. Do they have a future together or is this relationship purely physical? This peels off quite the scab for the couple but also brings with it understanding and forgiveness.

This is a beautiful story of second chances that you will fall in love with. It is honest, loving, sexy and more. A fantastic summer time read!
You just know that a book titled Once Upon a Bad Boy is going to be delicious! Melonie Johnson gave us a sweet and sexy second chance "Hollywood" romance. This author has quickly become an author that I NEED to read! I absolutely ADORE her writing.
All of the books in this Sometimes in Love series have completely entertained me and I haven't wanted them to end! Each of these books can definitely be read as a standalone. While they are interconnected, it is the characters that make appearances in all books. You won't be missing any storyline if you just pick up one, or if you *gasp* read them out of order!
Bo and Sadie were wonderful characters. I was rooting the whole time for them to find their HEA! I loved that we got to see some memories of how they were as children. It added a depth to the story that I appreciated.
I also really enjoyed that the characters came from different backgrounds — both socioeconomically and culturally. I liked that they had to truly grow up and see that their differences weren't as big as they seemed in their heads. I also really loved the subtle nods to their cultural — through language, food etc. For me, I feel like it isn't very often that we see a Jewish character and seeing it here just made my heart swell.
I really hope that this isn't the end of the series. I would love to get Ana & Delaney's stories!
Guys this is a book you want to make sure you read!
Ms. Melonie Johnson has kept her winning sweet, flirty and a little dirty style going in this book. It's first established in Getting Hot with the Scot - it's more on the dirty side, and next came Smitten by the Brit - it's more on the sweet- super sweet- This one was my favorite in the series. But did I love Once Upon a Bad Boy.
But really where are the rest of these books! Where is Ana's true love hiding? After reading about Sadie, Cassie and and Bonnie I want to know where are the other two girls' love stories. I fell in love with all of Johnson's characters so far.  Please continue this series!
Thank you Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

In all honesty, I was worried that this third book would not be as good and enjoyable as the first two books. Boy was I wrong! I loved this book even more than the first two. I enjoyed the interaction of the characters and how the story developed. I enjoyed how Bo was this strong yet gentle, firm yet loving, guy who never lost his love for his first true love. I enjoyed the story developments and the suspense that was woven into the story line and I found myself constantly rooting for Sadie and Bo to get together and be together.

I would definitely recommend this book to all romance readers 18 years and older. It was a great, fun, quick read.

Happy Reading and Enjoy!

This review is posted on Amazon and on Goodreads... Also, it has been tweeted on my account.
After reading the first two in this series, I had to read the next!  And it did not disappoint!  Do yourself a favor and read all three of these books!  I am a huge fan of the author and can’t wait to read more!!!
Thanks to the author, publisher and Netgalley for a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
St. Martin’s Press invited me back to review Once Upon a Bad Boy, the 3rd book in Melonie Johnson’s “Sometimes in Love” series. I have to say, it may be the best one yet.

Sadie Gold, another of the circle of girlfriends since childhood, is close to reaching her dream of big screen stardom. Little does she expect the stunt coordinator on her new movie will be her first love, Bo Ibarra — the guy who dumped her.

Bo and Sadie get together, but not without a lot of ups and downs, and some trust issues. Nevertheless, things heat up pretty quickly, and while the two previous books in the series made use of the f-word, this one has more crude language than the other two combined. I’m no prude, but I could do without that. Romantic comedies are usually not crude.

I appreciate the effort to recognize that we are a nation of immigrants, or the descendants by mentioning that Bo’s grandparents were “an Irish immigrant and a Jewish girl”; and that his half-Irish father is married to his Mexican mother. I’m just not sure how, with an Irish father, Bo ended up with Ibarra for a surname. This is a surname primarily from the Basque region of Spain.

The book examines other issues as well, such as teenage bullying, adult social media bullying, and the relentlessness abuse by tabloid news agencies. Overall, it was a lovely story that I enjoyed very much. It’s a great addition to the series, and I hope there’ll be more.

What Makes this Reviewer Grumpy?
•	Incorrect verb tense:  “I wish you would have…” should be “I wish you had…”;
•	far too many split infinitives;
•	misplacement of “only” within sentences;
•	using “try and” rather than “try to”;
•	beginning sentences with conjunctions.
Look for me online as The Grumpy Book Reviewer.
Once Upon a Bad Boy (Sometimes in Love #3) is Sadie’s story. After years struggling to be taken seriously as an actress, with critics chalking up her Emmy-winning role on a soap opera to her rich family’s influence rather than her talent, she’s finally won the part of a lifetime as the gutsy heroine in a major action flick. So, the last thing she needs is a major distraction in the form of her teenage love, Bo Ibarra. Unfortunately, he’s the stunt coordinator for the film and there’s no escaping him. On the night of their senior prom, he ended their relationship without explanation, telling her he didn’t want to see her again. For ten years, she mentally boxed up her pain and avoided following news of him. Now it’ll take all of her self-control to fight the attraction that is still there and avoid exposing the secret from her past. This second-chance romance wasn’t as well-written as the first two books in the series. The chemistry wasn’t as strong and Sadie, who is supposedly a tough, self-confident woman, is way too forgiving of Bo, first for the way he ended their teen relationship and then for his reaction when her secret is revealed. Compared with Logan in Book 1 and Theo in Book 2, Bo is lacking in charm and genuine passion for his love interest. It’s still a great series to follow, but here’s hoping the next book recaptures the magic of the first two.

I received a complimentary ARC of this book from St. Martin’s Press through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Opinions expressed are completely my own.
Once Upona Bad Boy is a story about second chances and growing up. Sadie is a great actress, but when a great role leads her back into the arms of her first boyfriend, things get steamy again really fast. Does Sadie want to go down the path where Bo runs away again or try to work things out?

I liked this story. It was well written with a delightful cast who were believable. I enjoyed the chemistry between Bo and Sadie. It was a cute read for anyone who likes a little romance. \

**my thanks to the publisher for the opportunity to review this book**
Book #3 in sometimes in love series and I loved it just as the other ones.

Sadie has a great career as an actress and she wants to get on a level where she owned herself not because of favors due to her back ground,rich family. Sadie gets a leading role in a movie where she works her tail for it. Little those she know that her stunt coordinator is someone from her past.

Bo wants the company hes been working for decades. This one job can prove that he can run the company but he was not counting on knowing the actress.

Bo and Sadie have a past together, feelings for each other never left. This is a second chance romance,funny and emotional and with a bit of a dark past but worth the read.
Sadie Gold has not seen Bo Ibarra in over ten years but they were once good friends and lovers. How is Sadie going to film a movie in her hometown of Chicago and not notice Bo, the stunt coordinator? It looks like these two will need to find a way to look beyond their past and find a new path.

Thanks to the publisher and to NetGalley for an ARC; all opinions are my own.
So I've read Smitten with the Brit and Getting Hot with the Scott.
This book is related to them, but only with characters and not by the genre.
While the other two were funny and light, this one took me by surprise.
It had more depth and hard themes. It was fresh and great. I really liked it.
Sadie and Bo met, when they were children and were spending their summers together.
Eventually their friendship developed into something more. Until Bo has had it enough and ended things between them.
After ten years a job brings them together. Will they overcome their past, or will they burn because of it? Only one way to figure it out! You have to read the book!
If you love reading about second chance romance, then this book is definitely worth the read.. If you love the "rich woman, poor man" type of story - even better! It's that type of book wherein you simply cannot put it down and will get pissed off if someone tries to bother you!  It will break your heart when you read what the couple - Sadie and Bo - had to go through just to be together after 10 years.
This is a story about Sadie who is trying to hit it big time in the movie industry and Bo who is a stunt coordinator wanting to own the company he's currently working at. They met when they were little kids. Bo's family worked for Sadie's Nana and Sadie, ignored by her parents all her life, would spend the summer over at her Nana's place. They became best friends which blossomed into romance when they were teenagers. But something happened during  Sadie's Prom night prompting Bo to walk away from Sadie.
It's just lovely to see their reaction when they come across each other after being apart for 10 long years and how their romance just falls into place so easily. The only complaint i had was the ending. I found it too abrupt. My reaction was like "that's it?? maybe I'm missing a page or something?" But other than that I truly loved it..

Thank you to Ms. Johnson, St. Martin's Paperback and NetGalley for providing the ARC.
I have really enjoyed Melonie's new series and was thankful I got to read it through NetGalley but this one was not my favorite of the bunch. It was still worth the read and had great writing though. One of the best parts of this series is the female friendships, and that is still great to read about! I didn't get too invested with Bo and Sadie though. The story flowed well but some of the decisions they were making were not making a connection with me. I did enjoy the 2nd chance romance and learning more about movie stunt "people" was awesome. 3 1/2 stars
I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an unbiased review.

Mercedes 'Sadie' Gold is an actress who is known to be spoilt. She comes from a wealthy family and she has always struggled to shake off the spoiled girl image. When she receives a role that would help her change people's perception of her, she's excited and works extremely hard.

The only catch is that her stunt director is her first boyfriend, the one who broke her heart.

Bo Ibarra, comes from a different background than Sadie. His career promotion is at stake and he cannot afford to be distracted, especially by his first girlfriend, the one he still has feelings for.

In the past, their relationship didn't work out well but can this attraction between them lead to something more? Can the past demons be exorcised?
*I received a copy of this ebook from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Short Synopsis:

Sadie Gold is ready to be more than a pretty face on the screen. As an actress, landing the leading role in a promising up-coming movie is what she needs to launch her career into the limelight and rid herself of the spoiled rich girl image. But what she didn't bargain for was having to work with Bo Ibarra, stunt coordinator, and childhood sweetheart. Can she put the past behind her long enough to finish making this movie?

My Thoughts:

As always, Melonie Johnson had me captivated from the very beginning. The third book in her Sometimes In Love series, we finally get to see headstrong Sadie find love again with her childhood sweetheart. We get to see the other wonderful ladies from this series quite a bit in this story, which is something I love. The relationship between Sadie and Bo was steamy and I wouldn't expect anything less from Miss Gold. And let me mention the relationship between Bo and his cat. Hilarious!

The only thing I wished was different and kept me from giving it another star was how quickly they, um, hooked up. The childhood sweetheart plot is a trope that I am pretty familiar with at this point. But I kind of wish Sadie put up more of a fight before falling for him again. I mean, it's Sadie Gold, ultimate bad-ass woman, and she just melted at the sight of Bo. Who can blame her, but still....

Would I Recommend:

Like the preceding novels in the series, I recommend this. The writing is amazing. The characters are unique and stand out in their ways. The plot was constantly moving forward and at no point was I bored reading this. Melonie Johnson is a queen of her craft!
I enjoyed the story and loved the chemistry between Bo and Sadie. I wish the ending was longer but did like how it played out. I'm really invested in the friendship the girls have and I can't wait to read the next book in the series. I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Having read the previous books in this series and not enjoying them, I went into this book not believing that anything would change with this story.  I was both right and wrong with my assessment.

First of all, this book really angered me!  I hated how Sadie was basically bullied and shamed for a choice she made!!  I've made the same choice myself and it is the most heartwrenching decision that I've ever had to make.  It also haunts you for years to come, and yet Sadie was constantly attacked over it!  The author didn't handle the subject well at all, especially from a support standpoint!  That being said, I could never really connect with Bo after everything.  Sadie, too, was hard to connect with.  That made the book even more difficult to enjoy!

I found the book to be boring and nothing special to make it stand out from a sea of other books just like it.  Unfortunately, my anger over the choice situation colored everything about this book, and it just wasn't something I wanted to continue reading.  I think that I'll avoid this author in the future.
A second chance romance, “Once Upon a Bad Boy” follows childhood sweethearts Sadie Gold and Bo Ibarra who had a falling out on their prom night.

For eleven years, they did not see each other but a twist of fate placed them face to face in a movie set where Sadie was the lead actress and Bo was the stunt coordinator. After the initial shock, they vowed to keep their relationship personal, but the heat between them had not abated.

Still, they were making a movie together and there are certain lines that could not be crossed. Though Sadie and Bo tried, they could not stop themselves. Careful as they were, they were still at a disadvantage.

Hiding their relationship from their family, friends and co-workers were hard enough. Hiding from fans and the paparazzi could be their undoing. And when and if the unthinkable happen, where do they go from there?

Told in two POVs, the story also flip-flopped between the past and the present to reveal Sadie and Bo’s relationship when they were children until they were in their teens. Poignant and bittersweet, the memories tug at your heartstrings as their young love developed only to be torn apart. There were no tear-jerking moments, but it still left a little ache in your heart as everything was revealed.

“Once Upon a Bad Boy” is Rated M for Mature due to sexual content and some adult situations.
Another DNF for me. This series just wasn’t a match for me. I can understand the appeal to many, but the style just didn’t click with my personal taste. I did t find the characters relatable or believable
It's hard to keep a relationship when you're from different sides of society, and especially when some you should love most are against it. This should be Bo and Sadie's second chance, but having a forbidden relationship and one full of past secrets, it won't be easy. I like that they never lost their familiarity and for the most part everything was easy. They could steam up the room without putting it into action. Can't wait for Ana and Delaney's stories!