Wild Irish Rose

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 May 2019

I adore Ava Miles writing and this book was not a disappointment. It was funny, sad and beautifully atmospheric. Made me want to travel to Ireland as soon as possible!
Romantic novel set in Ireland. Cosy and comfortable read with good characters although the animals win hands down.
Love books set in Ireland. Buttercup is hilarious 😂 It is great that an illness that is often not mentioned is featured in this book. Will have to check out other books about family members
I love books set in Ireland. The banter between these two characters on her land is just amazing. It’s hilarious and will have you up all night laughing!!
Well written romance with a slight twist. The dynamics of the multi-million dollar family business is threatened when the heroine refuses to sell her Irish home. Her reason for not selling isn't A hold out for more money, but a deeply personal reason over which she has no control. A good summer beach read.
You just can't go wrong with one of Ava's books. Wild Irish Rose is a great story about Trevor Merriam and Becca  O'Neill. Trevor wants the land Becca's B&B is on. The book is set in a beautiful Irish landscape. Very well written. Lovable characters. Definitely a must read.
Trevor Merriam is set to buy the wild Irish rose inn from Becca o Neil  the oil and gas company he works for is buying the land for the crude oil.On the land ,he called with an offer and Becca flat out denied it.with the dangers of off shore drilling they really want to buy the inn.trevor is surprised by how beautiful Becca is. I like cozy inn stories but this one bored me.
Wild Irish Rose is a sweet and charming romance about an Irish innkeeper and the American businessman who has been sent to purchase her property. I was immediately taken with the writing style - the descriptions make you feel like you’re in the Irish countryside, and the reader gets a real feel for what the inn is like. I really enjoyed Trevor as a character - a businessman who has been sent to do a job but isn’t sure that he really wants to follow through. I never really warmed up to Becca though, and I had trouble rooting for them as a couple.

Unfortunately, after awhile the vivid descriptions that I enjoyed at the beginning of the book started to drag on and the abundance of side characters and subplots overtook the romance of the story. I got really bored with the whole thing and found it tedious to continue. While some may enjoy this more laidback style, I just wanted the story to move forward and the focus to be on the core couple. So ultimately, I have mixed feelings about the book. Thank you, NetGalley, for the ARC in exchange for an honest review. I’m not sure that I would recommend this book, but it was a rich and detailed story.
Title: Wild Irish Rose

Series:The Merriams 1

Author:Ava Miles

Pages:March 13,2019

Genre: Romance

Millions of readers have fallen in love with Ava's bestselling books...come join the family.

International Bestselling Author Ava Miles kicks off her new series with an irreverent hero, two well-intentioned matchmakers, and a heroine as beautiful as a wild Irish rose.

Trevor Merriam doesn’t like being ordered around by his older brother, much less to a sleepy Irish village to complete a business deal for their family company.

Worse: the owner of the land he needs to buy doesn’t want him there. In fact, Becca O’Neill loathes him so much that she won’t even serve him the award-winning scones her famed Wild Irish Rose Bed and Breakfast is known for.

Even worse than that (and not getting scones is bad in Trevor’s book): Becca has an ornery cat, a mischievous Irish setter, and a lovesick alpaca that delights in chasing him around. Then there’s the woman herself. If she weren’t so indignant about his business offer, they might have a good romance budding.

Worst of all: his Uncle Arthur and Aunt Clara Hale show up from Dare Valley hoping to help him get hitched—not exactly the help he was looking for..

How in the world is he going to make this deal with his heart—and his dignity—staying intact?

My thoughts

Rating: 5

Would I recommend it? yes

Will I read anything else by her: yer

Will I read more of this series ? yes

All I can say about this book is a great start to a series plus though out it , it had me laughing my head off with all the shenanigans  that  Trevor  got into , all the time he was that the the Wild Irish Rose Bed and Breakfast . I loved how the author made the story come to life , as well as her characters . And how the animals came into play though out the story , how Trevor 's family came together as well . With that said I want to thank Netgalley for letting me read and review it exchange for my honest opinion.
.Thank you NetGalley for the ARC.   I really enjoyed this book.  Parts of it made me laugh and there were even a few that made me cry.  We meet the Merriam family, a few generations and Becca, who owns the Wild Irish Rose Bed and Breakfast.  Trevor was sent to Ireland to try to convince Becca to sell her land to the Merriam family because there is oil there.  She refuses to sell but Trevor refuses to give up.  At first, it was because he didn't want to disappoint his brother, but then it was because he finally had found love which he had never found before.  Buttercup the alpaca, who is part of the Wild Irish Rose Bed and Breakfast, falls in love with Trevor and Buttercup made me laugh, right down to Trevor's family taking a video and putting it on the Internet which goes viral.
We learn Becca's story which is, yes, I will agree with one of the other reviewers a little slow but for me, it was the perfect pace for the story, because there were so many other people that added so much to the story that had to be told.  The way the story was written was what gave me a wide range of emotions that this story made me feel.  When a book can make me laugh, cry, feel happy and sad,  and to see the Mirriam family come together and see them in action was wonderful.  Yes, as I read the story, I could see it all so clearly in my head, it was amazing.  As I write this review and think of Buttercup, it still makes me laugh.  When I got the book I didn't expect it to bring out so many emotions because I am not an emotional person.
Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This novel had a lot charm. I usually enjoy romances set in Ireland unfortunately the protagonists were not as inspiring. Becca is an independent, Irish, bed and breakfast owner who refuses to sell her land to Trevor. He is hell pent on changing her mind. While this could have been the perfect recipe for a romantic comedy the story drags on with awkward  and forced dialogue as well as dry humor. I was not taken with either characters.