Cover Image: Drowning Lessons

Drowning Lessons

Lexie and Olivia have been friends since the age of 5, and now Lexie is intent on making sure her friend's island wedding goes off without a hitch. When the bodies start dropping, Lexie jumps in to solve the mystery and keep the wedding on track.
The story is a pretty easy read, and i think the unraveling of Olivia and Lexi's friendship was the most engaging part of the story. Lexi is a bit annoying in regards to her relationships, but has other qualities. that are more endearing. Overall, the author did well at giving the characters enough definition to make them interesting and the crime was well paced. I actually rate in 3 1/2 stars.

I received an ARC from NetGalley, and am sharing my opinion about the book.
DNF this one. I read about 20% but I just wasn't getting on with it. I know it's supposed to be a cosy mystery but the characters react t0 finding a dead body almost like they'd react to finding a fly in their drink. Just not for me.
A Bridezilla's wedding on a tropical island, should be peaceful, except that she's given each of her four bridesmaids a file with details on the guests, the activities and what they will be in charge of and when.  Oh and the bridesmaids have been given all red clothes for the five days.  Everything is organised - even down to the guests having to hand over their phones, cameras and any other technology before leaving the boat to land on the island for the first of many parties.

It takes a couple of hours before the first thing goes wrong.  One of the snorkellers doesn't return to the boat and can be seen lying face down in the water.  Lexie, chief bridesmaid and the bride's best friend is left in charge of 'sorting everything out' while keeping it a secret.

A good fun read.
Drowning Lessons us a fun, cozy mystery series that will have reader falling in love with one very awkward Lexie who is trying to survive a broken heart is determined to give her Bridezilla the wedding of her dreams.
This story will have readers laughing so hard and dying to visit the wedding destination point in this Cozy Mystery.
The book also has wonderful recipes readers will be able to recreate in their home if they have the ability to cook.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the Debut novel by Rachel Neuburger Reynolds Drowning Lessons

You are cordially invited to a destination wedding to die for...

Welcome to Bocas del Toro, a remote chain of islands off the Caribbean coast of Panama. Five days of glorious sun and lush rainforest await the forty guests celebrating Bridezilla Olivia’s dream wedding—but will a murder sink the catered affair? Before anyone’s got time to start working on a tan, an unfortunate snorkelling accident eliminates a member of the wedding party. Maid of honour Lexie Marino smells trouble and is thrust into the responsibility of investigating, needing to solve the case before her bestie’s trip down the aisle gets tropically derailed. The show must go on.

Lexie’s a little too tall, a little too awkward, and a little too brokenhearted, but she’s determined to nail the real killer. Can this unlikely sleuth stay afloat as she’s hit by wave after wave of wildly entertaining characters, including an alpha bride, surfing detectives, and a high school flame long forgotten? You’ll find yourself laughing until the very end of Drowning Lessons, a debut cosy mystery that makes the perfect beach read. Rub in some coconut oil, dangle your feet in the crystal-blue waters of Dolphin Bay, and sip a cool drink as Lexie discovers the deductive superpowers she never knew she had. Let the party begin!

This is the first book of five in the Red Frog Beach Mystery Series. For information, updates, and mouthwatering Caribbean recipes, please visit RachelNeuburger.com

What a great start to what looks like a very promising series of books. As someone who spent $2000 on a family wedding in a nearby city spending money on a destination wedding out of the country sounds a much better idea!  (The mother of the bride was the 'bridezilla in that wedding!)  All that aside, this was a fun, cute, cosy book to read: both laugh out loud and heartwarming, especially for someone who was a freak in high school like Lexie was.

The book was well crafted and I look forward to reading the rest of her books, even if I have to buy them for my own personal use! 😂  As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by Millenials on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🌊 🧜‍♀️ 🏖️🐚👙