Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 Oct 2019

Four very diverse stories about lawmen and the women they eventually fall in love with.

The first story takes place in Kansas City where an ex US Deputy Marshall is now Special Agent for the Missouri Pacific Railroad; a train robbery, a feisty female, stolen luggage, and missing freight all combine for a good read.

The second story has the nephew of the late US Marshall of Small Tree, Texas arriving to settle his late Uncle’s affairs to suddenly find himself named Marshall with a supposedly young boy as prisoner.  Add to this, the man cannot even shoot a gun and the story continues to fascinate and hold your interest.

The third story pits a female Special Agent Constable to the London Metropolitan Police of London, England against an ex-Deputy Sheriff of Benton Springs, Colorado both seeking the same person each for a different reason.

Our last story takes place in Beaumont, Texas where a Deputy Sheriff finds himself acquiring what amounts to an unknown and unwanted mail order bride.   A meddling Memaw (grandmother), a dog and oil wells all add to this invigorating tale.

Each story radically different yet they all held my attention.  I found them easy to read and something from them all, a true faith in their Heavenly Father the glue that brought them together or held them together that made me glad I chose this book to review.

I wish to thank the authors, NetGalley and Barbour Publishing for allowing me to read this book.
I received an ARC of this book from Barbour Publishing, Inc. via NetGalley, this review is my personal opinion.

This collection truly takes me by surprise, each one of them is so well written. From the first chapter of the first story, I knew this was a winner we have an adventure, a second chance faith-filled and romance. I had a great time while reading this book I even cry a bit. Each one of this story well takes you to four different places to an unexpected journey. If you are like me that loves historical fiction, wants to read a clean and lovely story with great characters this collection no doubt is for you. Well done to all the writers of this collection, you all did a great job.

Truly grateful to Barbour Publishing for the ARC of this book.
(4 stars) - amusing short stories of western lawmen & their women

There's a lot of Texas love in these stories, which is reason enough to recommend this book 😉, but the stories are good entertainment as well

(1) On Track for Love by Vickie McDonough
I really liked this one. Feels a little stiff with a few clunky moments but really sweet

(2) Mistaken Marshal by Crystal L Barnes
This is a highly improbable but totally fun story. I enjoyed it very much.

(3) Rocky Mountain Regret by Kathleen Y’Barbo
This story is a little rougher, & the heroine wasn't actually particularly impressive as a police woman - esp since her brother's "hiding place" was pretty obvious from the start. But I loved the characters & their interactions

(4) Love Conquers Oil by Annette O’Hare
This one is ok. The story isn't bad, it's just clichéd to the point it's almost campy.

*Clean romance level:  sweet kisses
*Religion:  openly but not excessively Christian
The Lady and the Lawman is a collection of four historical romances.  I enjoyed each selection and found them to be well written and entertaining.  Thanks to the publisher for my advance ebook.  This is my unbiased review.
By Crystal L. Barnes, Vickie McDonough, Annette O’Hare, Kathleen Y’Barbo
I can’t say I enjoyed this collection of novellas. I didn’t care for the stories. There is always something to find good in a book though and I enjoyed this quote.
“But when something is done from a heart of love, it will make a much bigger impact for the kingdom of God that something done out of compulsion.”
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
My Review

My Thoughts on On Track for Love: Mhmm, that was a train wreck! Sweet and spunky Cara, cute and motherless Lacy, and stubborn and strong Landry. I loved the interactions between Lacy and Cara though most ended badly for Cara.

My Thoughts on Mistaken Marshall: This was a wonderful story! I read the author's previous works and loved them, the humorous and sometimes sarcastic remarks with the growing faith of the characters. And the small bits of action make this a need to read western!

My Thoughts Rocky Mountain Regrets: For all the sweetness from the other novellas in this collection this one was sad. So sad! Overall it was a really good story and I enjoyed the plot.

My Thoughts Love Conquers Oil: Woah, this was one gusher of a story.   (Tired of the cliche remarks yet?) Anyway, this was hilarious! And laugh out loud funny. I love Levi's marriage allegories, though I wondered how his wife would have liked it.

All right, so all of that nonsense to say; READ THE BOOK!!! It's a wonderful collection of stories and I'm sure you'll enjoy them . . . That is, if you enjoy romance. Hey, you might even enjoy it if you don't like romance but that's not all that likely - I take it back only read it if you like romances that way you can't blame me if you don't like it. Yeah, whatever, read it or don't. I enjoyed it and you might too!

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review all the thoughts are my own and I am truly happy to provide it.
The Lady and the Lawman by Vickie McDonough, Crystal Barnes, Kathleen Y’Barbo, and Annette O’Hare is set in the late 1800’s to 1901 in various places across the United States from St. Louis to Colorado to Texas.
This book has everything you could want from romance, to adventure, mystery, action, and humor. Every character has an interesting story and reason for being where they are. Each story is written with characters who rely on God for guidance and at times protection. The stories follow a logical sequence and end in ways one expects. I enjoyed this collection and give it 5 of 5 stars.
 I received an advance copy of this book through Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
What a fun collection of stories!  These stories are sweet and entertaining.  Even though the stories are shorter, they seem complete.  This is a good lineup of authors and I’ll be looking forward to reading more from them.  Another great collection of stories from Barbour!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.
Four short stories in a compilation about lawmen and their ladies. I enjoyed reading these stories, each with their own excitement and adventure woven throughout! Good stories written by four authors!
A fun collection of novellas that span across the old west. Each story is filled with adventure, humor, and of course a sweet romance. As the title suggests, all the brides marry lawmen. Another must read collection.
Such a creative quartet of historical faith-influenced romances, set in the American West. Another win for Barbour, another delight for the reader! 5/5

Pub Date 01 Aug 2019.

Thanks to the authors, Barbour Publishing, Inc. and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinion are mine.

#TheLadyAndTheLawman #NetGalley
I love almost all of the Christian Fiction novella collections I can get my hands on. My overflowing bookshelf is a testament to that for sure!

I adore stories of mistaken identity which is why I think Mistaken Mashall was probably my favorite. Closely followed by On Track for Love. Rocky Mountain Regrets had a twist that I wasn't expecting and I am sorry to say that Love Concours Oil dragged a bit for me.

Overall, it was a wonderful book by some of my favorite authors. I highly recommend!
The Lady and the Lawman
4 Historical Stories of Lawmen and the Ladies of the Old West.

Lawmen and Ladies of the Old West Team Up to Track Down Outlaws
Mistaken Marshall by Crystal Barnes
Texas, 1875
First day on the job, Marshal Beau Bones accidentally interrupts a robbery and arrests an outlaw who is disguised as a man. Just as Jo Ross is hiding the God-fearing girl her parents raised, Beau is hiding that he can’t shoot and doesn’t deserve the town’s respect. Is there any way for Beau to free Jo without losing the faith the town has placed in him?

On Track for Love by Vickie McDonough
Missouri, 1875
A new job and a move to a new state put Railroad Agent Landry Lomax on track to meet Cara Dixon—a spirited woman holding a derringer on a train robber. This stubborn woman is not one he wants around his young sister, but then they end up in the same St. Louis boardinghouse. But could Cara’s gumption help him trap a gang of train robbers?
Lady and the Tramps by Jennifer Uhlarik
California, 1874
When the train is robbed and the outlaws steal the deed to Mattie Welling’s brother’s land, she is determined to retrieve the deed so she can provide a future for eight orphans. As Wells Fargo Detective Jake Hickens questions the witnesses to the train robbery in which the Wells Fargo payroll shipment was stolen, he notices a curious young woman hanging around. Will she trust him to help her or strike out on her own?
Finding Eloise by Kathleen Y’Barbo
Colorado, 1889
While posing as her niece’s mother, Eloise Broderick travels to Colorado to find her brother with the help of Zeke Potter, a man renowned for tracking skills. But when Zeke realizes the man Eloise seeks is the same man he blames for his family’s death, will he use Eloise to get vengeance?

Sweet, cute, romantic short stories. If you like fast books and westerns this collection of stories is perfect for you.
I'm always in the search of good clean books, it's nice when you can find some.
Over all I would give these 4 stars!
What a fun bunch of sweet, romantic, Christian Westerns. I was not familiar with some of the authors and I love when I get to read and enjoy someone new. Each story had there own setting  and  a wonderful variety of characters. As the title points out, each of are brides marry a law man. None of them quit new what they were getting into. I found each of the stories to be fun and exciting with a little adventure. But not too heavy.  I received a copy of the book from Barbour Books through NetGalley. The opinions in this review are my own.
I love stories about lawmen, so 4 in one book is very sweet! I love that these stories are just long enough that I can finish them easily--without being tempted to stay up too late or neglect my responsibilities! lol. A nice collection from some of my favorite novella authors.
I loved this collection of books. If you like historical western christian books, you will love this set  This set has mystery, action, adventure, romance and some parts will make you laugh out loud. I highly recommend this set. Thank you Barbour Publishing via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
I loved this collection! I love the range of characters and the sassy women that sprung up! There was just the right amount of faith injected into the pages that it felt like a Christian romance and not a preacher. Perfect to read to wind down.
A fun set of stories with a western flair! Set between 1875 to 1901, from the Colorado Rockies, to the city of St. Louis, and down to Texas, each tale had a different spin on the romance plot. Snappy dialogue and humorous situations in some, plus a mystery, action and adventure, made these all fun to read.
“Sometimes love requires getting messy."
I enjoyed the variety of characters, from a greenhorn sheriff to a tough talking former U.S. Marshal. These men all meet their matches in surprising ways. The women all show a lot of courage and independence, coming from all different backgrounds, including outlaws. I liked the way each story added a little faith, through prayer, snippets of sermons,  Bible verses, and lessons in learning to trust God. I liked the tough grandma, Memaw, and her faith in the midst of a crisis: "God has taken care of many a problem worse than this. And you’ve got to believe He’s still on His throne and He’s still in control.”
The story of the woman outlaw was especially touching as she realised God's love and forgiveness extended to her. We all have sinned and fallen short. Forgiving others can be hard, but freeing too, an important point in a few stories.

Recommend to readers who enjoy historical Christian romances with a western setting.  Fans of Mary Connealy, Karen Witemeyer and Regina Jennings will like this collection.