Cover Image: How to Raise Rabbits

How to Raise Rabbits

Ive had a rabbit before and still learned so much from this book. Will probably never raise rabbits myself but after reading this book i probably could!
So my goddaughter has told me on multiple occasions that she would love a rabbit. And so to help her cause I decided to ask for this book. So that we can read it together. Find out all the information that we need to be able to raise rabbits successfully. To help her pitch to her mum and dad about getting a rabbit. I mean if godparents aren’t there to help you reach your goals in life. I’m not sure what their purpose is.
As someone who raises rabbits and has for a few years I still learned things from this book. How to Raise Rabbits is filled with facts and photos about rabbit breeds and care.
Fantastic read and full of useful tips for getting your own rabbit. I new nothing on the subject so this was a great source of information
You're all in one, information-packed guide to how to raise rabbits. There isn't much more I can say than that. This book has it all.

In this freshly updated third edition of How to Raise Rabbits, you'll find practical advice for raising any number of rabbits in any environment—rural or urban, one rabbit or twenty. Brother-sister writing duo Daniel and Samantha Johnson expertly walk readers through all the basics on breed types, housing and food requirements, shows, kit care, and general healthcare for the rabbit.

Rabbits are wonderful animals to raise, whether as pets or as livestock on a farm. They are especially great as starter animals for children who participate in rabbit shows.

Before you embark on owning one of these lovable critters, however, there's a lot you need to know—for instance, which of the forty-seven rabbit breeds is best for you? Licensed by the Future Farmers of America, the guidebooks in our acclaimed How to Raise series have helped countless first-time animal owners across the United States confidently care for their new companions.

With clear and informative instructions, fully illustrated with beautiful how-to photography, How to Raise Rabbits continues to be an essential primer for the newcomer to rabbit care and a classic on any rabbit lover's bookshelf.

I grew up with rabbits so this was a flash to the past, but boy did we do the wrong things for them!  If you are looking into having rabbits in your backyard (or an ornamental one in your house - be forewarned they eat through every single electric cord you own as my friend David found out: even that $119 computer power cord!)) this is the book for you to read.  The information presented was well written and made a lot of sense and its licensing made me know it was a great reference book. And the photos were adorable and made me miss my old bunnies that met every tragic end at the hands of my psychopath neighbour who killed them because, well, he could.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by Millenials on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇
This was a nicely written book with lots of pictures. I would not recommend it as an eBook as the pictures were so large that it was very difficult to read. Otherwise the information had a few issues that I caught. While rabbits are low risk for zoonotic diseases, saying that you cannot get diseases from rabbits is very wrong. Also, the book is correct on rabbits not needing vaccinations in the US, but there is a critical vaccination in Europe and Australia. I liked the variety and clarity of the information presented and that one chapter even including meat rabbits.