Eat to Feed

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 16 Aug 2019

A well thought out collection of recipes, I found the intersitital story bits to be far more interesting and better put together than the recipes themselves. Which, while enjoyable, wasn't exactly what I was looking for in a recipe book.
3 out of 5

**OMG!  I cannot believe that these reviews haven't been done!  I am so sorry they are so late!!!**
I received an arc from NetGalley for an honest review. This book is a great book for expecting mothers and those who have just had a baby. This book as lots of great recipes for all meals and snacks and drinks for mothers that will help with producing milk.
Eat to Feed is a great book for nursing mothers to maintain, or even increase their milk supply if they are struggling.  This book contains wonderful yet easy recipes for busy moms to make to help sustain the calorie requirements needed as nursing moms.  The book has well organized chapters, where you will find recipes for meals, snacks, and everything in between.  I would highly recommend it to pregnant and nursing moms.

I received an eARC from NetGalleyof Eat to Feed by Eliza Larson and Kristy Kohler in exchange for my honest review.
Eat to Feed is a title for breastfeeding moms, but can also be for moms-to-be or any family member really.  Recipes are wholesome but can be great comfort foods. My favorite recipes are all the handheld snacks that you can make ahead and not fuss with once baby arrives. As a soon mom-to-be, those will be my go to recipes. The photographs in the book are wonderful accompaniments to the recipes and show that healthy can be very appetizing. Definitely a recommended books for any moms who want to transfer good health to their babies via breastfeeding.

A beautiful full-colour cookbook addressing a hot topic for new moms, with creative meals, snacks, and drinks created to support breast milk supply and overall health

For breastfeeding moms, "eating for two" continues long after the baby arrives. But eating well can be hard enough before there's a newborn in the house, and moms who experience low milk supply or milk slumps face additional challenges. In their debut cookbook, the founders of Oat Mama share 80 simple, delicious recipes for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, snacks, and beverages, featuring nutrient-dense whole foods and naturally lactogenic (milk-boosting) ingredients such as oats, almonds, barley, fenugreek, and papaya.

Alongside the recipes, readers will find helpful breastfeeding tips and advice on easy meal prep, building a healthy pantry, and sourcing ingredients. Fully illustrated with more than 75 beautiful photographs, this is a warm, supportive, and inspiring resource for new mothers and mothers-to-be.

I am not lactating but if I were, or was having problems with my milk flow, this would be a great book to peruse....there are even recipes that I am going to make mfor myself as they are utterly healthy and wholesome. The book is well written and the sections make it easy to chose a recipe for whatever meal occasion tha you are looking to deal with.

I am going to pass on the information in this book to the many mothers in my life who are breastfeeding - it is simply an excellent resource of yummy looking and sounding recipes that can help many, many mothers.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by Millennials on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 👶👶👶👶👶

NOTE: I cannot link this review to LinkedIn - there is something wrong with the linking/programming and it will not happen.