Cover Image: The Remaking

The Remaking

I enjoyed the beginning of this book up until Amber is lost, but then I lost interest. I don’t know if it’s because the style of writing changed, or the fact the ending was only so-so.
Thanks to Mr. Chapman and Quirk books for the Advance Reader Copy of The Remaking. I read several different genre's  and particularly enjoy thrillers, horror, and some true crime, so when I saw the synopsis I quickly requested. I did enjoy the book, it is a little different than what I was expecting, a little more on the YA side, which is fine, I just usually enjoy more adult themes in my horror. That being said I do read Graphic Novels, including some by Mr. Chapman and I enjoy them. If you enjoy Graphic Novels and YA horror, I think this will a great book to add to your TBR this summer! The book moves at a brisk pace with some definite creep factor that kept me interested throughout. I look forward to more work from Mr. Chapman. Thanks again to the publisher and NetGalley! Happy Reading! #theremaking #netgalley
A strong opening and a fun idea that turns into a quick read. The time jumps and the way they link together are fun.
I really enjoyed the beginning of this book!  As a lover of both history and horror, I really bought into the story of Ella Louise and Jessica and felt immensely bad for how they were treated.  The author did a great job of making these 2 the victims of this story and creating an empathy between thee reader and the characters.  However, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed with how the rest of the story panned out.  This is one of those stories which could be spectacular, but actually left me feeling a bit... meh.  At best it was eerie and did a good job a setting the scene in the graveyard.  It was a nice, easy read and I enjoyed it.  But I feel it was a bit anticlimactic.
The Remaking is a decent thriller with a central theme of a story being told as a folk lore through different mediums. It’s an original and fun thriller that had me flipping through the pages.