Cover Image: Seeker

Seeker

The first book in this series was so much better. Not sure what happened with the second book. It just was all over the place with too many POVs and was super predictable.
Seeker is a satisfying sequel to Keeper. The characters are compelling, and the story has a quick pace that will delight teen readers. Chance does a solid job balancing dual POVs
This book was such a quick read for me. I couldn't put it down! The writing style was perfect for me. The flow was easy to get into the groove. There was the perfect amount tension and the character development was amazing. And magic, who doesn't love magic in a world. I would recommend this to any fantasy lover. I would recommend reading the first book first, but this isn't necessary.
4.5 Stars

'Seeker' is the second and final book in the Keeper Duology, a young adult paranormal fantasy. I absolutely loved the first book in the series and I couldn't wait to see how things would play out and end in this one. I wasn't disappointed. This is one of those series that you need to read the first book before attempting to read the second one. If you don't you'll be really lost and confused and won't be able to get into the story or the characters to the level you need to in order to really enjoy this series. So definitely read the first book, Keeper, before this one! The plot had a quick pace that kept things moving quickly - but not too fast. I loved learning more about the history of everything and everyone from the history of it all to the current issues and war. The story was fantastic - basically everything I love in a good book. Friendship, family, coming together and learning how to work together and protect each other, love, hate, trust, and being comfortable about who you are were just some of the topics the author touched on underneath the main plot. I love that she layered these aspects in naturally, they were really woven into the story and seemed natural, so the reader's actually getting more than they bargained for when reading.

I continued to love the characters, especially Lainey, Maggie, and even Ty. We get to know them even better throughout the story, which I really enjoyed. Each of them have their own strengths and weaknesses which not only makes them much more realistic for the reader, but allows them to help each other when needed. They seemed to complement one another in major aspects of their problems or character flaws, which is partly why I grew to love each one in their own way. The big thing for me was the writing style. I absolutely love that the author wrote the book in the first person point of view, from not just one but three perspectives. We get an inside look at everything going on from Lainey, Maggie, and Ty. I adore this writing style because of how deeply the reader gets to bond with the character. We see everything about them - hopes and fears, doubts and dreams, memories, thoughts, and an unique look at the world around them - and what's happening at the moment - from three different perspectives. I think that the author writing the book in this style was one of the biggest positives for me and it absolutely made me love it all the more. I don't do spoilers in my reviews, so I can't go into the plot much without accidentally revealing something. I will say that it's action-packed, quick paced, and a ton of stuff happens to keep you on your toes. I'm sad that this is the end of the series, but I'm hoping and wishing for more books - maybe a spinoff? I don't want to leave these characters or their world behind just yet. I highly recommend this book and series to fans of YA fiction, fantasy, and paranormal fiction.
I read this book quite some time ago, and I have completely forgotten to write my review and I so very sorry.

In one word, YAS. Keeper was an amazing book, and I had high expectations for Seeker - expectations that wer surpassed. Not only is the MC relatable, but I am in love with the fact that she is a bookworm (well was, but you can never take that title away)

I honestly found all of the characters to be well thought out, and it's safe to say; I wanna be their friend.
I know Ty is portrayed as a bad guy, but by Gods.... I have a new book boyfriend
Seeker was a very warm, loving and exciting read, written with so much skill and talent. Beautiful descriptions and even more gripping story. Enjoyed every single page, and would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of urban fantasy and paranormal, especially younger teens.
Once I hit the last 35% of the book, it really flew! I loved the battle scenes and how everything wrapped up. And thank heaven for character redemption!
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. This second book in this duology put my emotions through the paces. There were alot of twists and turns and betrayal. It was the finish that I wanted after reading the Keeper. I could not even say that I wanted from this because I got it all summed up. I love the characters and the way the world was put together. The author wove a wonderful tale. Would love to read more by this storyteller.
4 stars

I love Kim Chance's writing style, and I'm hoping to read other books by her! This is like a story I can chill out with.
I absolutely LOVED this book. I enjoyed Keeper, but at times was a little too cute for me. I prefer books to have a little edge and Seeker delivered. Its hard to give a good review of this book without spoiling Keeper so things are going to get a little cryptic...

So for those who have already read Keeper (which you should before reading Seeker) that big thing that happened at the very end of Keeper, you know, where she does that crazy thing . I had a big problem with that. I loved it as an ending, but I felt like the character did not feel enough remorse. My opinion of this book was very dependent of Lainie feeling like a POS for what she did. I am happy to report that she did an excellent job of feeling like crap over her actions.

Ty made me so freaking mad for most of the book but again, that is what I wanted. I guessed accurately why he did the things he did in book one. He continued to piss me off in all the right ways.

The shinning light in this book was Maggie. I liked her in the last book but I LOVED HER in this book.

All in all, if you are a fan of YA and you like fantasy book full of angst this is a good read!
Seeker by Kim Chance was a fun read, great for middle grade readers or *young* YA readers (I do not feel it read like traditional YA). The three POV characters felt unique and each offered an interesting perspective to a traditional hero story. And that ending? Wow! Definitely on the edge of my seat!

There were a few things I felt could be improved. For as big as this world was, I felt there was very little world building and I felt I had a lot of questions as to how the magic worked. And though they did address it eventually, I was confused for most of the book how two teenagers (one with parents very much alive) could just drop everything an live in hiding without any concern or thought for life outside. Also, the pacing did feel a bit slow throughout and I think it could have been tightened in many ways, mostly with the internal monologue that the characters cycled through. And the constant pop references (especially when it came to super heroes) felt unrealistic and I fear won't age well.

Over-all, I really enjoyed the message that came across this in terms of forgiveness and the different types of love. I would read Kim Chance again.
Had a really hard time finishing this book. First reason is that the story did not prick my attention at all. It was such aslow read for me. Not to mention characters that I was not able to connect with. The World-building was okay, but nothing extra ordinary about the pacing of the story.
I'm sorry for a really late review. I had finished this books weeks ago, but there were many things that needed to be done. So, I just got a chance to post it now. 😞
The story was told from Lainey, Ty, and Maggie point of views. Sometimes that confused me. Yet, I could connect with those main characters better. Moreover, the pace was fast but sometimes it was off. The few last chapters were so good that made me want to read more.
I didn't read the first book, but the second book was good!
Thank you for writing this book. :)
Not really my type of book but it was a good enjoyable book. Will be enjoyable for people who like these books
Kim Chance doesn't disappoint! I loved the characters and the action. I recommend this duology to anyone wanting to go on an epic adventure!
Lainey Styles is a witch and is the keeper of the Keeper of the DuCarmont Grimoire. She is new to her powers and pitched against The Master, who wants a particular spell from the Grimoire. Ty Marek is one of the Master's men, but also has links to Lainey that conflict with his loyalties. Lainey no longer trusts Ty, following on from events in the last book, but is drawn to him through the ties that link them together. Maggie is Lainey's best friend, who has been bitten by what is knows as a 'Shifter', Maggie is delighted by this, as it means that she will no longer be 'just a human' and can join her friend in the world of superheroes and magic.

I was so pleased to be reading book two of this series, and looking forward to seeing the developments between Lainey, Maggie, Ty and the Haetarians.

However, I found it a bit disjointed in places, and felt like I was being thrown from character to character. Usually switching between protagonists doesn't faze me, but I had to keep checking who the individual was. I also found that in places the developments were telegraphed on what was going to happen (for me anyway).

Overall, I enjoyed the story and there were points where I was speed reading to discover what happened in a couple of places. It is a good book for young adults and I'm sure that most people will find it engaging and exciting.
I really adore the author, whom I follow on YT, and many other social channels, which is why I feel like a git saying this - but this was a really underwhelming read for me.

And I did not even have huge expectations to begin with. Because after reading the first book of this duology, I knew the story / series was more suitable for younger audiences, preferably ones who haven't read much in the genre.

But then even outside of that, I felt like Seeker on the whole was a much weaker book than Keeper. Which is not to say that there weren't things I liked / enjoyed in this book. I wouldn't have given it 3 stars without them. But still, there were many things I wished were different.

For starters, there were 3 alternating POVs - Lainey's, Ty's & Maggie's. And while it was great to read Ty's POV, I really did not think Maggie's POV was required.

Then there were times when the plot was shaky, the narration clunky, and the pacing just felt off. All this outside of the fact that the series in general was trope heavy, which is not a bad thing if you are new to the genre. But for someone who has read a lot in the genre, it makes for a very predictable read.

All in all: I felt like the potential was there, for this story to really shine. But that potential wasn't realized. Which is a shame, because I really do adore Kim.
Seeker is book two in Kim Chance’s series. I feel there was definitely more action in this book and I enjoyed the series overall.
Seeker, by Kim Chance, is a whirlwind adventure about spells, evil Masters that want to suck all the magic from the world for himself, and the power of friendship and forgiveness. I absolutely loved Kim’s first book, Keeper, and the love continued for this sequel. I watched Kim’s YouTube channel as she wrote this book, and I know what a struggle it was for her. As a reader, I can say it was worth the effort. Lainey, Maggie, and Ty’s stories ended just the way I would want them to, and the journey to get there was nothing short of exhilarating.

Lainey is the Keeper of the Grimoire—a book of powerful spells that her family has kept safe for generations. The Master wants that book in order to use a Siphoning spell on all the world’s Supernaturals so he can take their powers. But Lainey, Ty, and Maggie are not going to let that happen. What the Master doesn’t know is that the Grimoire is no longer a physical book, but its power and spells are inside Lainey, and only she can access its power. As she learns to control her magic and access the Grimoire, she must deal with the feelings and fears from what happened at the Gathering (in book 1) and overcome those fears in order to defeat the Master.

I loved this book, and hated putting it down. The only thing I had a little trouble with was keeping all the main characters straight as they all used first person point of view. It took a bit of effort to remember whose pov I was in, but the story moved along and I could not wait to see what happened in each chapter. I love each of these characters, and enjoyed the new characters that she introduced in Seeker. Kim Chance has an easy style that carries you along in the story, and her descriptions kept me in the scene and reading as fast as I could to see what happened next. I highly recommend Keeper and Seeker to those who enjoy great stories of magic and good vs. evil.

A wonderfully well-rounded conclusion to a duet! I loved seeing the author's growth, as well as the characters growth in this one! It picks up RIGHT where KEEPER left off, and we get two new POV's from Ty and Maggie. I think she did  a great job telling this story through all of their eyes.